Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
the only truly good tv shows ever are deadwood and rome

edit: and rome's second season is weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I'm Crap posted:

the only truly good tv shows ever are deadwood and rome

edit: and rome's second season is weak

compared to mad men... idk man those shows pale in comparison.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

facebook jihad posted:

That's mad men.

Game of thrones is pretty much good but in an escapist, turn your brain off and just watch stupid poo poo, tits, and cool visual effects for an hour.

Anyone who gets really into this poo poo and actually reads the books are stupid

I wish you had been around to convince me of this before I started reading book 4

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

haha yeah dude mad men is the best tv show of our generation, mad men on AMC right next to walking dead. yeah dude I can definitely get behind that, mad men being a better show than true detective, six feet under, house of cards, GoT. rarely have I seen storytelling as good as mad men, such compelling characters too. wow yeah, mad men.

Bitch, now I know you a bitch because you left out Homicide:Life on the Streets, you skeleton gently caress

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

Bitch, now I know you a bitch because you left out Homicide:Life on the Streets, you skeleton gently caress

The Wire is basically an upgraded version of that show tho.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

The Wire is basically an upgraded version of that show tho.

:omarcomin:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Columbo > Mad Men

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I was going to make this thread 3 days ago but I didn't have anything to put in the op aside from "it's really bad". But hell, this is gbs.

Game of thrones is boring and lovely.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I was going to make this thread 3 days ago but I didn't have anything to put in the op aside from "it's really bad". But hell, this is gbs.

Game of thrones is boring and lovely.

Agreed, and this post makes me forgive you for killing that girl.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

steinrokkan posted:

I watched it on TV so it counts as being of my time

Yeah I'm sure you watched it on one of your three channels, Old Man. Was it in color?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

burritolingus posted:

Yeah I'm sure you watched it on one of your three channels, Old Man. Was it in color?

i was so poor i had to listen to a radio reenactment of episodes from the day before on my neighbours radio set

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
stop talking about your lovely other tv shows and talk about how bad game of thrones is. thanks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sad thing is the books are even worse than the show. mostly because you have to read george rr martin's prose.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they're not that bad goons exaggerate a lot

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

WOW IS IT REALLY NOT A GOOD SHOW?

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

a cop posted:

WOW IS IT REALLY NOT A GOOD SHOW?

It's not.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
The books are really bad, too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They should have used the money to make a Dune HBO series, if there really needs to be a genre fiction sensation

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

steinrokkan posted:

They should have used the money to make a Dune HBO series, if there really needs to be a genre fiction sensation

they are making a Foundation series and Foundation was pretty solid Sci-Fi not burdened by a really awful estate

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I don't know what this dumb genre trash you guys are talking about but please compare it to Game of Thrones so I can understand

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

they are making a Foundation series and Foundation was pretty solid Sci-Fi not burdened by a really awful estate

cant wait to see salvor hardin having gay orgy sex in the opening scene

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bwee posted:

I don't know what this dumb genre trash you guys are talking about but please compare it to Game of Thrones so I can understand

Dune has 100% less underage sex on TV than Game of Thrones

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Pretty sure Paul and Chani are both underage during the spice orgy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alright maybe like 75% less then

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I heard Game of Thrones was originally supposed to be World of Warcraft: The HBO Show but HBO said Blizzard wanted too much money so they were like "gently caress it, let's talk to an old fat dying man, maybe he has some books or something i don't fuckin' know"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Otacon posted:

I heard Game of Thrones was originally supposed to be World of Warcraft: The HBO Show but HBO said Blizzard wanted too much money so they were like "gently caress it, let's talk to an old fat dying man, maybe he has some books or something i don't fuckin' know"

Actually an HBO executive said to his assistant "Offer a deal to that old fantasy writer with a beard, you know, that one, he deserves it", meaning Pratchett, but the PA was an idiot who liked TSOIAF, and the rest is history.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

Actually an HBO executive said to his assistant "Offer a deal to that old fantasy writer with a beard, you know, that one, he deserves it", meaning Pratchett, but the PA was an idiot who liked TSOIAF, and the rest is history.

I heard Terry gave George his blessing but George killed him off anyway, what a bastard.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

to be fair there is a lot of really bad fantasy and if you wanted to get in on the geek resurgence there was much much worse source material

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

wait is this literally in the book someone posted the text of this the other day and i thought it was a joke

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ROFLburger posted:

wait is this literally in the book someone posted the text of this the other day and i thought it was a joke

Yeah it's real, here are some other highlights:

quote:

She was sopping wet when he entered her. “drat you,” she said. “drat you drat you drat you.” He sucked her nipples till she cried out half in pain and half in pleasure. Her oval office became the world.

quote:

And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast.

quote:

"Ser Alliser Thorne walked from the room so stiffly it looked as though he had a dagger up his butt".

george rr martin is a Good writer

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

i thought it was a joke

you're not properly acquainted with the writings of grrm then

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Post more reasons why this show is bad please.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its the most popular tv show worldwide ever and goons hate popular things

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

hope they keep the slide rules and 90% male cast

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

toggle posted:

Post more reasons why this show is bad please.

It's a meandering river of tedium with no goal. People have argued that it's like history, which doesn't have a plot structure either, but real history has real world relevance.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Yeah it's real, here are some other highlights:

george rr martin is a Good writer

Lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

what about the walking dead, the best show about people mumbling incoherent crap

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

Sorry we're bmaking fun of your show

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bwee posted:

youre such a poser you pretend to not know what dune is, good poo poo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

fuckin NERDS and their star wars ugh smdh

• Locked thread