Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chinatown posted:

its actually very entertaining and thats all that needs to be said unless you are a human being TVIV poster who cares waaay too much about TV shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Poetic Justice posted:

it's better than the books :twisted:

I didn't think this was ever even in question. Truthfully the books are not that good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

imperialist white girl saves the savages was the funniest moment of Game of Thrones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bwee posted:

Can someone explain the "strong female characters" that supposedly exist in this show/book?

I don't think it's their strength that people like, although it certainly helps that they are more then just there for sex and to serve some man. A lot of the love is directed towards Cersei, and Daenerys because they are political leaders that are smart and have allies, but also have faults and enemies. Daenerys for example is naive and doesn't see or accept the world for what it really is, she wants to reshape it into her own vision and make everyone free, but at the same time she doesn't see that these actions have serious consequences, and we see those actions blow up in her face throughout the series. She seems to always find some way to deal with it though, on her own, instead of just running to a man to have him fix it. Cersei is a ruthless bitch who is very smart and knows how to play the political game without resorting to sex.

If nothing else Game of Thrones breaks a lot of female tropes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a cop posted:

Just so we are clear- you're saying that Game of Thrones, a show enjoyed by literally millions of people, is bad?

Quality doesn't determine whether or not someone likes something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nah, i'm just speaking in general terms. I like Game of Thrones and think the show is good.

• Locked thread