Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Niiiiiiiice.
Sorry Preds, if Weber had been around I think this would have ended a lot differently. And all the Hawks fans in my life are now being completely insufferable, so please make sure to come back and crush them like whelps next year.

E: wrong thread but my sentiment stands.

Don't forget Fisher was out too. Once again the Hawks get lucky in the playoffs and I, too, hope to play against the Wild because I dislike the Blues much more.

Lazy overconfidence did, indeed, work quite well for the 1st round series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Can anyone who has hockey reference fu pull a list of players with minimum 100 postseason games and have point per game or better scoring? Want to see Kane's company

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HookShot posted:

Yeah, the rivalry with Chicago was definitely the most fun of all the rivalries the Canucks have had in 15 years.

So of course Vancouver ruined it, because we're not allowed to have nice things.

I think it helped that both teams were loaded up on offense. That's why I just can't get into rivalries with the Wild or Blues, the games just aren't as fun to watch. It's still bullshit that Detroit is in the other conference now, though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm sure Roszival will do great against any of Perry, Getzlaf or Kesler

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Dirty Burger posted:

Usually when players come back early from injuries in time for the playoffs they're not quite as good as they usually are. And then there's Patrick Kane

Maybe he faked it and just wanted to rest up

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
All my Kesler hate from the days of those Hawks/Canucks series is going to translate wonderfully.

Are the Ducks similar to the Kings in playstyle? I honestly haven't seen them play much.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GeneX posted:

Kane and Toews have been on different lines this entire postseason.

Toews plays mostly with Saad and Hossa, which is probably the best line in hockey in terms of offense and defense (though not one or the other.)

Kane is with Richards, who is mediocre, and Bickell, who is overpaid. It's still a good line because Kane is one of the 5-10 best players in the world.

While I agree on the first line, Kane gets a lot of hype for a dude who's only scored 30 goals once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Austrian mook posted:

I really dont think Q is all that great of a coach

You don't have to be with four future hofers and another three allstars/near all-star (hammer)

• Locked thread