Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I loving hate shows that are 95% filler but then crams in the plot in the last 5 minutes to keep moving the lovely story. loving lazy. show would have been better if it copied xfiles more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I actually liked the 5th season of fringe. Bunch of people die,olivia has some control over her powers, peter tries to become an observer (thought that was an awesome subplot), and it brought an end to JJ abram's parallel universe obsession.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

Abrams literally had nothing to do with the show after the pilot, so you're actually right because even goons who think they're too smart for marketing still attribute everything to the name marketing used to promote the show

Well its kind of strange how nearly everything JJ abrams touches has to include alternate universes to explain away lovely plotlines that never make sense.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

The X-Files was a crappy show that was totally watchable because the two leads did a great job making their characters interesting and likable. Fringe was a much better show, but the two leads were terrible lifeless C-list props. They should have been written out so it could have just been about the crazy drugged out mad scientist dropping acid and trying to save the universe.

no no no you're dumb shut up. X-files was carried by the main characters but the mutants of the week were always great, the smoking man's backstory and mulder's dad's were great and you're ignoring Skinner. Not only that, they kept the continuous story to like 4 episodes per season (lol) because it couldn't carry the show, but what story they had was coherent up until like season 7 or 8 after mulder left. At the very least they used believable pseudo science to explain most of the poo poo in the show.

fringe has an awful story with embarrassing plot devices like "soul magnets", constant doomsday devices, and dumb poo poo like how peter is "the chosen one". The story loving sucked and olivia is a cold, unempathetic character. I remember one of the episodes where it was done completely with cgi or computer animations where they enter olivia's dream and it was the most awkward things I've ever watched in my life, horrible animations and terrible directing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_Acid_Diethylamide_%28Fringe%29. Then they just gave up on actual "fringe science" and went full-fantasy where absolutely nothing was believable in the show.

fringe is loving dumb.

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 23, 2015

• Locked thread