Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

LegoPirateNinja posted:

here is the original version. i knew it was missing something

good catch! i was just trying to recite it from memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

27 April 2015

It has been two days since the soy milk incident. I've managed to clean the blood, quinoa and grease from the walls. With any luck, the coconut milk will not devour as many first responders. Still, I've loaded my scattergun with dried pigs blood wax slugs and keep it close at hand.

For those of you in the Lake Ontario/Erie area, be prepared to run south at a moments notice.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 27, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i fed my child the Cheerios + ancient grains. last night i was awoken by him standing at the foot of my bed, speaking in latin backwards and holding in his hand a bowl whose depth i could not comprehend

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Are these safe to share with my pets? They all start rattling their cages and howling whenever I pour a bowl and I feel really bad for leaving them out.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Bismuth posted:

Are these safe to share with my pets? They all start rattling their cages and howling whenever I pour a bowl and I feel really bad for leaving them out.
Yes. Feed the ancient grains to your animals. Do it as soon as is convenient for you. It is unkind to deny them a balanced breakfast.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
As I scrambled through the horrid place, with it's angles that went every which way and it's pallid green ambiance, I did happen upon a single bowl of cheerios, placed atop a waist-high pedestal with terrible, frightful creatures carved into it's base. They're alright but I wish there was some sugar to put on them.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Can someone come over to my place? The cherrios that I buried deep within my flesh are beginning to grow and they will need a new body to take over once they have depleted all of the nutrients I have to offer.

I am becoming one with the ancient grains. My only regret is that my wretched body cannot give more to my children.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Never tried them myself, but I brought along a little baggie full of them for my 1 year old on Sunday because he gets a little fussy during church.

As soon as we got to the threshold the priest ran out and physically barred me from entering and was just screaming at me to leave. I could barely understand him, he seemed hysterical. Weird cause he's always been a pretty nice guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Never tried them myself, but I brought along a little baggie full of them for my 1 year old on Sunday because he gets a little fussy during church.

As soon as we got to the threshold the priest ran out and physically barred me from entering and was just screaming at me to leave. I could barely understand him, he seemed hysterical. Weird cause he's always been a pretty nice guy.

Yeah you're definitely not the only one. I can recommend you some more ancient-grain-friendly churches if you need.

Well maybe "churches" isn't the right word, they're more like informal prayer groups. You do have to be flexible on denomination, though; personally I hadn't even heard of most of the prayers, ceremonies, or deities before I started going. Mine meets every Saturday afternoon in this neat little flex-space First Chanter Bill found in the sewers. You have to be careful not to get your robes wet on the way in, and it does get a little rank down there sometimes, but the overpowering odor of the grains is powerful enough that you don't even notice most of the time.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Spilled a box of these and they ended up in the weirdest shapes! Almost like writing.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

loquacius posted:

Yeah you're definitely not the only one. I can recommend you some more ancient-grain-friendly churches if you need.

Well maybe "churches" isn't the right word, they're more like informal prayer groups. You do have to be flexible on denomination, though; personally I hadn't even heard of most of the prayers, ceremonies, or deities before I started going. Mine meets every Saturday afternoon in this neat little flex-space First Chanter Bill found in the sewers. You have to be careful not to get your robes wet on the way in, and it does get a little rank down there sometimes, but the overpowering odor of the grains is powerful enough that you don't even notice most of the time.

Man, protestants - this has to be the most unique version of the bible I've ever seen. At least, I think it's the bible, the other members of my informal non-denominational prayer group just call it 'the book'. I don't remember the bible having words that seem to twist themselves inside your mind and give you glimpses into unfathomable horrors every time you sleep, as well. Converting for the wife, she says that ancient grains changed her life.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Thanks but finding a new church is kind of low on my list of priorities right now. Ever since Sunday my son just sits at the kitchen table, holding a spoon in front of an empty bowl, silent and motionless. If I pick him up or move his chair he lets out this bloodcurdling scream. I tried putting him in time-out, but he kept the scream going for about 10 minutes without taking a breath so I brought him back to the table.

This is the first baby for the missus and I so I'm not sure if this is just a phase or what.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Man, protestants - this has to be the most unique version of the bible I've ever seen. At least, I think it's the bible, the other members of my informal non-denominational prayer group just call it 'the book'. I don't remember the bible having words that seem to twist themselves inside your mind and give you glimpses into unfathomable horrors every time you sleep, as well. Converting for the wife, she says that ancient grains changed her life.

Wait, I'm not married. Blood pressure's better, though.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I tried to throw out the box last night but it has appeared in my pantry again today, also my house seems to have many more corners and hallways than before...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

quote:

About a year ago, marketers at General Mills started noticing that food made with so-called “ancient grains”—quinoa, millet, spelt, and so on—was selling really well. “We had heard the term,” Alan Cunningham, a marketing manager in the cereal division, told me, but they hadn’t spent a lot of time researching the ingredients. They set out to learn more.

Alan Cunningham and his 'associates' have not been heard from since.

quote:

Ludwig, the Harvard professor, is skeptical of processed foods containing ancient grains. Puffing the ancient grains in Cheerios appears to represent “extensive processing,” he said, though it’s not as bad as some other types of processing, like [redacted]

There never was a "Ludwig".

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Aside from the increasing powers of prophesy granted with every heart-healthy spoonful, I think they are fine.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

vaguely posted:

Yes. Feed the ancient grains to your animals. Do it as soon as is convenient for you. It is unkind to deny them a balanced breakfast.

Good advice, they loved them! I'm a bit worried though, the dog immediately started digging in the back yard and a few feet down shes hit some kind of spongey mass? I cant find the edges of it. I also thought it was so cute when the rats held the Os in their little hands but all the photos came out black, was really looking forward to sharing those.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
After weeks of stonewalling and circles, I finally gave up and drove to Minneapolis, and ambushed Ken Powell outside the bank. I'd been trying to find out who was on the team that developed the cereal I've become afraid to write the name of. And what really happened at the focus group.

He seemed relieved when I introduced myself as a journalist, absolutely eager to get back to my car. But it was almost as if he couldn't say anything but pleasantries. He'd start to stutter: bah bah bah bah bah whenever he tried to answer a pointed question.

Ken disappeared while I was getting the car started - I have a battery disconnect from living in Detroit. But he did press a funny silver keychain/necklace thing into my hand while we were going up the parking garage stairwell. I'd like to post a picture of it but my phone is freaking out right now.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

2006 called, it wants it's lovely ARG concept back, HEH

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
kill the non believr

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

kill the non believr

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 27, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i've developed these two huge, swollen bumps on my forehead. it feels like there is something really hard underneath :shrug:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

i've developed these two huge, swollen bumps on my forehead. it feels like there is something really hard underneath :shrug:

fiber

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i awoke this morning hungering for breakfast but i couldn't concentrate due to an unholy chorus of the damned repeatedly chanting "triticum dicocum...triticum aestivum..." think i'm gonna go to dunkin

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

all lay quiet.

meanwhile, the ancient grains have successfully petitioned to move next to the garbage bags.

i dread to think on these dark auspices

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
El Cereal primigenio... Dios mío... Santa María madre de Dios ruega por nosotros pecadores ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte, amén

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
They say tom daschle got a letter in the mail.

"We have this ancient grains..."

Now he lobbies for general mills

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

CrashCat posted:

all lay quiet.

meanwhile, the ancient grains have successfully petitioned to move next to the garbage bags.

i dread to think on these dark auspices

you idiot the image is just as powerful as the box itself

you've doomed everyone itt

(j/k we're all doomed no matter what)

naem
May 29, 2011

It's great to get more fiber haha. Have to watch your heart health! SO much fiber haha. So much. So MUCH fiber haha. Ha.

So much FIBER ha. So. So very, much

I can't stop pooping haha

Guys I, I cNt,

I can't stop pooping! Ha ha, I literally CAN NOT stop PPOOPING HAah , eh, so, MUCTTCHSSSOOON WILL EMERGE SHAGGAROTHH, DESTORYER OF WORLDS ha ha,

What, is,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Infused with honey found in the tombs of the pharaohs of old.

• Locked thread