Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
If any card ever deserved to not have a GDT made until after weigh in this would have been one of them.

Good on you for the effort though. Been nice having these up in a timely fashion!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The most annoying thing about this card is that neither John Makdessi nor Bisping are Brazilian, because "Walleyed Ismail" is just sitting there waiting to be used

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Pwny_Xpress posted:

If any card ever deserved to not have a GDT made until after weigh in this would have been one of them.

Good on you for the effort though. Been nice having these up in a timely fashion!

Thanks to you and everyone else for all the nice words! Even the bad threads deserve a timely GDT and the OPs are fun to write so I figured I'd start stepping up, it helps keep the monthly thread tidy.

fatherdog posted:

The most annoying thing about this card is that neither John Makdessi nor Bisping are Brazilian, because "Walleyed Ismail" is just sitting there waiting to be used

lmao

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZ9x3fuBjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcSYwSoCxt0

Rampage's Brazilian impersonation was p good

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I love Rampage saying he doesn't want to main event because it would mean possibly fighting for 5 rounds. So lazy :allears:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's really cool to me that even though Rampage is fighting in the UFC this is exactly like one of his Bellator fights, and I hope they follow this pattern

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

This is my MMA snack, I just have to figure out what those food piles actually are

Like a footwide flatburger and a nacho tophat? Okay yeah gimmie two.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
okay I'm hyped for the first 20 seconds of Page vs Donado

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Because of the thread title I had to watch all of Stop Making Sense last night. Thanks OP.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this card's gonna be like 60 Minutes on acid

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

This is good.

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck
Shane Campbell trains/trained with a dude I used to roll with. Plus he threw a fuckin' fireball at someone in a match. Cheer for this man.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Prelims starting, Daly and Markos are just walking out.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This is the meanest looking mma ref I've ever seen.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Markos' striking is already getting close to owning really hard

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Randa Markos has a pretty mean right.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wow there was actually someone good on the straweight season and we just didn't know it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Wow there was actually someone good on the straweight season and we just didn't know it.

Uh I think most people who watched that season realized she was pretty good after she beat Torres and Herrig, despite the loss to Rose.

e: Daly's herky-jerkiness is still hilarious

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Somewhere in that building Davis just got a chill.

Shout out to Roidtech on this ppv.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Welp Daly turned that round around pretty well. Probably 1-1 going into the third.

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation
Fight... owns?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is a hell of a fight. Really enjoying this one.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

29-28 for Randa.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
lmfao 30-27

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Can't believe a judge gave Randa the second round. She got wrecked in the second round.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

It was fun and scrappy, but there was a lot of poor technique and tactics in that fight.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Street Horrrsing posted:

It was fun and scrappy, but there was a lot of poor technique and tactics in that fight.

I think we'd all benefit from doing the self-rock bottom

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

She must be the most softly-spoken fighter ever

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Hope they put her up against Carla next, they should be able to sell it pretty well after all the drama on TUF.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

These girls both looked totally cadaverous at the weigh-ins yesterday, I wonder how much gas they'll have in the tank.

e: I'm surprised Racoczky managed to get out of that.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 26, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Jessica is coming down from 135 and is in her late 30s so I imagine that cut was rough.

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation
Holy poo poo that escape.

Gonna laugh when the under-undercard women's prelims end up being better than the main event.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

colonel_korn posted:

These girls both looked totally cadaverous at the weigh-ins yesterday, I wonder how much gas they'll have in the tank.

e: I'm surprised Racoczky managed to get out of that.

Holy poo poo you're not kidding.

So far so good on the prelims but I'm still not buying this poo poo card (unless I end up getting drunk enough before then.)

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol Letourneau is sponsored by a rotisserie place called AU COQ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Christ, that eye.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
That eye is hosed

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I think Valerie won it but it's pretty close.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Dude fighting is boring let's get back to lady fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I see what you're saying but I think that's a disservice to what Dillashaw/Barao was all about. At the time Bang Alpha Male was doing well but they had not proven the ultimate goal of winning a UFC title. Even Duane felt that Benavidez or Mendes would be the first to be champ and he said that while he was sitting with Dillashaw right next to him. Then you have Barao knocking off Faber a few months previously who most people considered to be all-around better than Dillashaw. Barao was being hyped up as the best in the sport 2nd only to Jones & Dillashaw was nothing more than a filler fight until Cruz got healthy. So when Dillashaw styled around Barao for a round and then cracked him with that punch it shook up a lot of things in an instant. That was one of those few "oh poo poo!" moments you get every year in MMA.

Horiguchi could pull off the upset but there aren't any of those underlining stories. It would be cool to have a Japanese champion and for things to shake up at flyweight for a while but that's the best of what would happen. And also Mighty Mouse still hasn't got the respect he deserves while Barao was starting to touch the ceiling on his hype.

I think you're underselling how impressive it would be for a Japanese person to win the UFC belt in 2015, especially considering there's only like 15 Japanese fighters total on the entire roster.

• Locked thread