Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I had it 29-28 for CB, but it could have gone either way. Good fight, feels weird that I was cheering for Bisping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Man, constant pressure and consistent effort rewarded. Good on Bisping, solid win.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
Yasssss! Bisping seems like a likable-rear end dude and I am glad he won.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hexum posted:

"Believe in me, I'm going nowhere." - Michael Bisping, 2015

He needs to have a chat with Rogan.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
CB landed more effective strikes and took him down in R2. It wasn't close scoring wise. Bisping whiffed a lot of punches that fight but judges are blind as gently caress and tend to score them.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Dangersim posted:

Who is tommy

Edit: Oh. Thanks Goldie. I am not searching for that hashtag.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
oh, that's tommy

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
1st was clearly cb, second clearly Bisping because he hurt cb, 3rd was a toss up until it ended with Bisping break dancing on cb

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Ah, so Tommy is just another douchebag. Good to know.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

K8.0 posted:

CB landed more effective strikes and took him down in R2. It wasn't close scoring wise. Bisping whiffed a lot of punches that fight but judges are blind as gently caress and tend to score them.

Bisping outlanded Dollaway and Dollaway didn't do anything with his takedowns.

vvv That too

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Young Pageviews posted:

hahahahhahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
people saying rd2 was close weren't watching the same round i was. bisping comprehensively outstruck cb, visibly hurt him, and cb did approximately gently caress all with his take down and 45secs of top control

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Anyone else still find it rather strange that Rumble Johnson is THE threat to Jon Jones at the moment? I mean from where he was to this, that has to be one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history already.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Young Pageviews posted:

First time I've ever read that about Bisping

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

Anyone else still find it rather strange that Rumble Johnson is THE threat to Jon Jones at the moment? I mean from where he was to this, that has to be one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history already.

Robbie Lawler is the UFC Welterweight Champion

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Combo posted:

bisping's only crime is pissing off all of america and this is not a crime in my eyes. especially when he makes up for it with air hockey antics and getting knocked out when appropriate. bisping has always owned.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I should clarify that I started following UFC like two months ago and I am basing this pretty much entirely off an interview I saw with Bisping talking to Ariel Helwani. Is he actually awful?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

acejackson42 posted:

mark hunt. robbie lawler. but yes, it's loving incredible

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Combo posted:

I've hung out with him a couple times. He's actually a nice guy. I think he's just a heel for the UFC

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Dangersim posted:

Robbie Lawler is the UFC Welterweight Champion

Yeah, but Lawler never really disappeared and was given up for dead by Dana... Rumble was pretty much out of the sport at one point, wasn't he?

EDIT: Mark Hunt is pretty close, but he's more of a product of a lovely, lovely division. Rumble literally fought his way out of a dumpster to get back here.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

bisping's only crime is pissing off all of america and this is not a crime in my eyes. especially when he makes up for it with air hockey antics and getting knocked out when appropriate. bisping has always owned.

I'm american and have always loved Bisping :colbert:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Young Pageviews posted:

I should clarify that I started following UFC like two months ago and I am basing this pretty much entirely off an interview I saw with Bisping talking to Ariel Helwani. Is he actually awful?

no, your initial assessment is correct.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

Yeah, but Lawler never really disappeared and was given up for dead by Dana... Rumble was pretty much out of the sport at one point, wasn't he?

Literally no to all of that

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
bisping owns

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

people saying rd2 was close weren't watching the same round i was. bisping comprehensively outstruck cb, visibly hurt him, and cb did approximately gently caress all with his take down and 45secs of top control

CB also hurt Bisping, except Bisping smartly circled away so he didn't get tagged again. Combined that with the takedown and it was close. I could absolutely see Bisping winning it on having a higher output of strikes, but CB did more than what you're giving him credit for.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Is Maldonaldo the guy who Glover almost killed?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Cro cop won

Rampage to win

Pride never die

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

CB also hurt Bisping, except Bisping smartly circled away so he didn't get tagged again. Combined that with the takedown and it was close. I could absolutely see Bisping winning it on having a higher output of strikes, but CB did more than what you're giving him credit for.

no, it wasn't a blowout by any means, but it was a clear round for bisping. that's not not giving cb credit, it's bisping comprehensively winning, imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JHomer722 posted:

killed.yes.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I like how they're selling Fabio as a living heavy bag

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

JHomer722 posted:

Yeah, they showed the one left hook fabio landed in his promo package

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Young Pageviews posted:

he actually owns it's real simple

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
The message i'm getting from these hype videos is that they just found some dude with Homer Simpson syndrome to fight rampage.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Hampage

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Pariah Rex posted:

The message i'm getting from these hype videos is that they just found some dude with Homer Simpson syndrome to fight rampage.

nah the actual homer guy is on the austrlaian card because he wins at the end

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I am kind of excited that Fabio is actually training now. Also cool pedi

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

cmon son you can't show up to the ring with long nails. gtfoh

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
And thus begins the Fabio Maldonado foot fetish trend.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Hahaha in a decade not once have I seen this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

loving ay joe it's downright bad manners / dangerous / unprofessional

• Locked thread