Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah it's kind of embarrassing for the Canucks that there were so many Flames jerseys in the camera area sorry

Haha you even felt the need to edit your post for maximum passive aggressiveness

I guess? Maybe we should have restricted tickets to only locals?

Or had a city less people want to visit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

P.d0t posted:

there are a goddamn TON of vancouver fans in calgary

Not in the stands for a playoff game

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I guess no one wanting to visit Calgary is the real reason.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah it's kind of embarrassing for the Canucks that there were so many Flames jerseys in the camera area sorry

lmao no its not but its funny that people think this way

my only wish... is that my hockey corporation had better public support

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

JawKnee posted:

I guess? Maybe we should have restricted tickets to only locals?

Or had a city less people want to visit?

I don't think the Flames restricted tickets, and I'm pretty sure visitors aren't just going to say "hey let's grab a Flames jersey and buy a $200 ticket for game 5". But hey maybe I'm wrong

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
How about we just all put the troll on ignore and move on?

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Out with the Old, in with the Auld
WOOOOOOO!!!

Hopefully that gif isn't too large.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Seeing a 49'ers av in here is very triggering to me

:hawksin:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

I don't think the Flames restricted tickets, and I'm pretty sure visitors aren't just going to say "hey let's grab a Flames jersey and buy a $200 ticket for game 5". But hey maybe I'm wrong

who said I was talking about calgary?

I mean, from what I remember the roads there were a nightmare and the city was boring as gently caress, but it could be worse.

You could be Edmonton :)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

JamesRay posted:

WOOOOOOO!!!

Hopefully that gif isn't too large.

*right-click*

*save-as*

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Verviticus posted:

lmao no its not but its funny that people think this way

my only wish... is that my hockey corporation had better public support

Why is it funny? I mean I'm assuming given the CAS turnout every game in SAS there must be a fairly big following of these Canucks?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

grack posted:

Good idea. I'll leave it to the CBC to drone on and on about how great the Calgary fans are.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

MakaVillian posted:

Why is it funny? I mean I'm assuming given the CAS turnout every game in SAS there must be a fairly big following of these Canucks?

huh?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

JawKnee posted:

who said I was talking about calgary?

I mean, from what I remember the roads there were a nightmare and the city was boring as gently caress, but it could be worse.

You could be Edmonton :)

I was talking about Calgary, it was kind of the point of my post you were responding to, so I'm not sure why you would quote me and talk about something different :confused:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Yup - There's also a large contingent of Cowtowners both coming here to get out of the prairies and here just for the playoffs

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

I was talking about Calgary, it was kind of the point of my post you were responding to, so I'm not sure why you would quote me and talk about something different :confused:

Because I like to confuse you friend

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

So does this mean there's another CASmeet on Saturday?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Number19 posted:

I am not here :argh:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

JawKnee posted:

I am not here :argh:

Well you weren't at the last one either and we won so I think that's ok!

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Can I post more Kassian celebrating gifs?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
"It's been delightful watching you and your grinding teammates."

EDIT: I just realized Pierre is the Tobias Funke of the hockey broadcasting world.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

You were sarcastically poking fun at people paying money to support a hockey business organization, I was pointing out that the Canucks seem to have a big following in Vancouver and it was weird that there were so many Flames fans at a crucial playoff game and it was kind of weird there weren't as many fans at the game as expected.

grack posted:

Don't know how I'm trolling but hey.

JawKnee posted:

Yup - There's also a large contingent of Cowtowners both coming here to get out of the prairies and here just for the playoffs

There's a fairly large number of B.C natives in Calgary to escape whatever and I didn't see nearly as many of them in the stands in Calgary

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

You were sarcastically poking fun at people paying money to support a hockey business organization, I was pointing out that the Canucks seem to have a big following in Vancouver and it was weird that there were so many Flames fans at a crucial playoff game and it was kind of weird there weren't as many fans at the game as expected.

i was saying that its dumb as poo poo that anyone cares about fan support, not that supporting them is inherently funny. i dont care about sellout streaks or flames at the game and if someone does, thats funny (and stupid). people like to pay money to have fun, good for them

just like when people whine about the noise at the arena. boo loving hoo, its only 102db instead of 'jet engine next to your ear' loud

edit: possible exception to this for franchises that are about to disappear like phoenix where fan support might literally mean continued existence

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 24, 2015

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Number19 posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm preparing for a trip, i don't have the mental capacity to handle a bar for a saturday night elimination game

if someone hosts it i might come out

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Number19 posted:

Well you weren't at the last one either and we won so I think that's ok!

:smith:

like I said at game 2 - IF we make it to the 2nd round I will be game for a meet again because finally I can drink again

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Hey everyone. Lets just celebrate instead of arguing over needless crap!

WOOOOOoooooooo! :krad:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

that man has a superfuckedupback and might never play again. rest in peace zack :(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

JamesRay posted:

Hey everyone. Lets just celebrate instead of arguing over needless crap!

WOOOOOoooooooo! :krad:

Couldn't agree more!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Is there a reason you're so salty?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Verviticus posted:

i was saying that its dumb as poo poo that anyone cares about fan support, not that supporting them is inherently funny. i dont care about sellout streaks or flames at the game and if someone does, thats funny (and stupid). people like to pay money to have fun, good for them

just like when people whine about the noise at the arena. boo loving hoo, its only 102db instead of 'jet engine next to your ear' loud

edit: possible exception to this for franchises that are about to disappear like phoenix where fan support might literally mean continued existence

Fair enough, but I will point out that all franchises are literally dependant on fan support to exist

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

That's enough for me tonight. Pardon my excitement.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Verviticus posted:

that man has a superfuckedupback and might never play again. rest in peace zack :(

Is it really that bad? What happened?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

ehnus posted:

Is it really that bad? What happened?

it sounds like its a herniated disc and will need surgery, which is what happened to edler and triggered his five year regression. back injuries are the worst

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Clearly the Blackhawks were scared of Rusev and Lana being in the stands and thus played like poo poo

Also gently caress the Blackhawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Why are there Boston fans in this NHL 2015 Playoffs GDT :confused:

I mean, I don't want to dissuade anyone from posting, but the Boston Bruins didn't make the playoffs. They weren't good enough, and then they fired their GM.

It doesn't look too good for them :(

At least they don't have Sbisa though

• Locked thread