Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello, friends, it is time for that time again. The TwoPlusTwo forums are hosting the :siren: WORLD MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIPS :siren: where a bunch of dumb unsuspecting children are going to meet (in no particular order):

1) Actual serial killers
2) The man in love with the idea of Mills maybe possibly being a woman
3) People who take vacations from work to play mafia
4) People who have yoda with bongs for their avatar (thanks Eightbux for this particular burn)
4) OUR CHAMPIONNNNN MR.CAPPS

Twelve months ago Merk and Mills went. Merk dominated by carrying the scum to victory and got an MVP, Mills was secretly-replaced by GulagDolls and derailed the thread for a few pages. Ten (?) months ago, windshipper and I went and it was a miserable old time that actually made windshipper quit mafia probably. Six months ago merk went again in a game of the best of the best where he was robbed of his rightful MVP award. And now, we've given them our star, mr.capps!

Here is the post that starts it all! Mr.Capps has actually set aside a notebook for a few (10?) months to plan the entire content and schtick for his game. He's not very tall, or handsome, or good at mafia, or good at writing ideas for mafia but he'll still be the best they've ever had.

The game-thread is :siren: now up:siren: right here. Here's a quick recap of the players:

GAME 3, on APRIL 27th posted:

Adaham (TaleWorlds)
Choice quote from bio: "He has changed his playing style so many times, that he should be rightfully nicknamed "The Chameleon"."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "Just wanted to clarify one thing...when I say "I hate this", I don't mean this on a personal level."

Askthepizzaguy (The Org)
Choice quote from bio: "Basically, he's a clingy, self-absorbed, delusional, overly talkative, emo bitch, so he'll fit right in at 2+2."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "I will completely wreck you if you do not murder me, it's that simple. You have precisely one night to fix your game. I'm coming into this thread tomorrow morning with a n1 wolf peek on you. Heads up."

Banks (DailyMafia)
Choice quote from bio: "When I graduate I'd like to go to 2+2 forums with my safety backup school being Team Liquid."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "So according to my map of stereotypes Estonia is "Ukraine 2.0" q_q how accurate is this stereotype?"

confuse rei (DuelistGroundz)
Choice quote from bio: "I am very easy going and get along with people all colours and sizes. Unless you’re black. Or asian. Or Jewish. Or a woman, because my religion considers talking to these things a lethal sin."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "I dont know who will the mafia champion be but we do have strong contenders for the literature champion award"

coolkid (MafiaManiac)
Choice quote from bio: "I often find things that I previously missed or see different angles upon reflection and my mind tends to stew on matters. I believe in utilising every opportunity to learn and grow."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay:

Iso (MTG Salvation)
Choice quote from bio: "One of my favorite things to do is to try to catch players in their first post when I'm town. I've participated in games across many different sites and communities, and I've found my own to be the cream of the crop. Prove me wrong."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "It's 3:30 in the afternoon on a Monday and I'm tipsy. Let's get this show on the road."

madsmk playing as 'road' (PokerNet)
Choice quote from bio: "My name is Mads and I’m 27 years old. I am proudly representing PokerNet - a Danish Community. I haven’t lost a game since 12/2013 (the total number of games since are not important) and am filled with confidence."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "I think q_q is more often a townie than a scum."

mr.capps (Something Awful)
Choice quote from bio: "He runs the libertarian club called The Fountainheads at his local university. And though he would call his political views Libertarian Conservative, he plays mafia like a Radical Anarchist."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "Nobody has authority to do anything, meaning everyone has authority to do everything. :cool: I see what you are doing though, you are trying to play defensively by playing offensively."

q_q (PokkeriProd)
Choice quote from bio: "Hmm..." (that was the entire bio)
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "i don’t understand what you’re saying to me i’m from estonia"

runwithfire (EpicMafia)
Choice quote from bio: "I don't need a bio, I'm edgy."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay:

Turnip Head (The Syndicate)
Choice quote from bio: "Sometimes it takes me a while to get into a game and find my footing, but usually once I feel strongly about something I will take point and try to push the thread to view things the same way I am."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "I don't consider "us" to always be a scum tell."

WolfPrinceKiba playing as Hibiki (Naruto Forums)
Choice quote from bio: "There is little that escapes WPK's attention and the things that do are often of little significance. Though you might not see him posting often, make no mistake. WPK is watching you. Watching and judging."
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "ugh. this *******-y overconfident bullcrap is the most frustrating thing to read because i know there are players who exist who actually think this is okay/productive. you have to be like 15 years old to act like this as either alignment"

Yates (Dragonmount)
Choice quote from bio: "I am Yates - Rennaisance Man and Deep Thinker. I always feel sad for seedless watermelons, because what if they wanted babies? I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt. I only rap caucasionally. I recently gave up Warcraft so my productivity, and drinking, have increased dramatically. I’m not sure how many problems I have because math is one of them. Oh, and my favorite color is dark black." (that was the entire bio)
Choice quote from D1 gameplay: "You are a funny silly person, Adaham. Is it too much to assume that your site didn't send a complete idiot to this competition? Because your posts have been reading as quite idiotic and I can't quite figure out your angle."

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:siren: Reserved :siren:

I'll be using this post to keep everyone updated on the funniest/worst posts.
And on who is alive/dead.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
To anyone who is actually going to read the thread and post updates, I want to thank you in advance. I've tried before but inevitably gave up on the cause.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Fewer players now, I'm pretty sure we can keep up with a 13 player game with a bunch of non 2p2 players who force high post count games!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Oh man so in.

Also you should probably ask Ettin to move this to The Game Room, because I'm pretty sure TG isn't always paywalled.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am putting my money on wolfprincekiba

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I can't read 2+2 at work, so this thread is my gateway to it.

Ernie, I never knew you went, I was on hiatus. What was your experience like?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I, personally, am excited.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is going to be awful and hilarious. Awfarious

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I can't read 2+2 at work, so this thread is my gateway to it.

Ernie, I never knew you went, I was on hiatus. What was your experience like?

Boring. I only played a single day and then I dropped out with inactivity. I was VT and the game was just like fifteen people each with their own schtick and the host site's people running as a clique. All my town reads were accurate, one of my three scum-reads was accurate (but this was d1 still) and that person won the game in LyLo.

I don't think I ever admitted this, but part of why I dropped out the way I did was because I wanted to see what the mod would do. In merk's game some scum barely posted and they weren't modkilled/replaced. I was replaced within 72 hours of not posting.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm expecting big things from our little Thurston.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think the only downside to this game is that it is the 2+2 players that are the awful/hilarious ones. I'm not sure if the magic exists without them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2015-mafia-championship-game-3-a-1528226/

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its amazing what that kid can do. He reads you like a book, but interprets you like a film - Mills

He is pretty OK I guess. No Shuckyducky, but the kid has guts - Merk

:golfclap:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Its amazing what that kid can do. He reads you like a book, but interprets you like a film - Mills

He is pretty OK I guess. No Shuckyducky, but the kid has guts - Merk

:golfclap:

Mills, A+ on that one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Mills, A+ on that one

capps made those quotes up :ssh:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

capps made those quotes up :ssh:

It's weird to see capps do something smart

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
doh

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
capps is playing this game way too straight so far.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

he is! but he had one good line too:

mr.capps posted:

A bit off topic... but can I just say how great it is to see a game kickoff so early? Usually on my forums we **** around a lot day one because its "joke phase" and everyone thinks its useless. It just wastes time.

Hell I think you lot have been funnier than them while still playing the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

I don't trust people who vote for someone for stuff they are doing. Its hypocritical.

mr.capps posted:

I don't really see the difference, because when it comes to voting its an absolute. A vote is like binary, its either 0 or 1. Either you are not voting for someone or you are. And so alignments have to be treated like binary when you are voting, either its 0 or 1. Either they are wolf or not.

On my forums when we vote someone, we think someone is wolfy.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time someone has used 'wolfy' all game. Capps is slowly but surely warming up the entire game to a gentle chaos.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

These people are all insufferable

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's cute to see capps get scrutiny for providing the only logical analysis so far in the whole game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I miss genie

~
:rolleye:

Cpig

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this guy is my pony.

quote:

madsmk (PokerNet)
Choice quote from bio: "My name is Mads and I’m 27 years old. I am proudly representing PokerNet - a Danish Community. I haven’t lost a game since 12/2013 (the total number of games since are not important) and am filled with confidence."

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i've edited the OP with a bunch of fun(ny) things

i'll keep it as up to date as i can (and i should well be able to)

back to the adventures of our hero:

mr.capps posted:

This is something I am kinda doing for myself, but on my forum we post a theme song for ourselves day one, and old traditions die hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xf-Lesrkuc

(join in if you want, its always cool to see other player's theme songs! but since it really has no effect on the game, ignore it if you want)

Yates posted:

My personal theme song? Hmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwauaE0zEE

"mr.capps posted:

That is a good one, my dad used to always sing this one to my mom!

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 27, 2015

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yates posted:

Vote: q_q

Ignoring a simple question like "what is your alignment" is kind of sketch. You could have had fun with it. I mean, I like Estonian Vodka and all but I'm on the fence about liking YOU. As a person, q_1. As a person.

q_q posted:

i didn’t wanna have fun with it, and that’s the end of it. i don’t wanna have fun with you guys

for example your bio is amongst the unfunniest things i’ve read this year

so it was a pointless question which everyone will answer the same, but whatever

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I like this q_q guy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think he's self important and boring.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Caps is masterful thus far.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's too funny. Never having a point of reference it's great to know well-balanced and even funny our community is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Askthepizzaguy is horrible and makes me sad.

he's going to be a "Let's post as many meme's as possible" Kind of guy , I can feel it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Askthepizzaguy is horrible and makes me sad.

he's going to be a "Let's post as many meme's as possible" Kind of guy , I can feel it.

XD LOL

edit: oh jeez I just noticed capps posting Lumpen's avatar as his picture. genius capps, genius

Pussy Quipped fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 27, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rurea posted:

These people are all insufferable

I've played with Banks a handful on DM and I'm shocked he's as meme-y as he is. He's really normal and down to earth irl.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah banks is pretty cool i played some DM with him too

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is wolfprincekiba winning yet

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

is wolfprincekiba winning yet

Wolfprincekiba posted: