Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

cyberia posted:

I currently have installed on my phone and play at least once every other day or so:

Ball King
Card Crawl
Does Not Commute
Flappy Golf
Infinite Stairs
Smash hit
Spelltower

Flappy golf seems to be using the Superstickman Golf courses with a flappy bird control system. I actually quite like it despite being somewhat of a gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Haruharuharuko posted:

Card Crawl for the love of God Card Crawl imagine a roguelike you play with a deck of standard playing cards its addictive as hell and if you can beat my score of 115 I'll be impressed.

http://www.cardcrawl.com/

It's not on android but they're working on it so if you have one pick that poo poo up on ios.

gently caress you I'm in a car on my Android and this sounded good and then I read your last paragraph. Now I still need a game >:(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm going to need a thumb transplant on account of freaking Radical Rappelling

By the Fruit Ninja people, I think. So addictive and stupid.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress DESERT GOLFING
I'm supposed to be productive at work!

Don't worry, you'll eventually get to this level and never fuckin beat it because holy poo poo

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

gently caress you I'm in a car on my Android and this sounded good and then I read your last paragraph. Now I still need a game >:(

They lied, it's totally on android and I got it and it's a fun lil game.

Current addictions are Pokemon Shuffle (don't judge me) and some dumb game called Freestyle Baseball 2 that's basically just pvp pitching/batting duels with the usual gacha leveling system. It shouldn't be as fun as it is.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I played Angry Birds Epic daily for like nine or ten months before finally getting bored of it. It's a turn-based RPG where you can customize classes and stuff (think Final Fantasy, but with, uh, Angry Birds characters). It's probably a super lame thing to be into but I tell you what I clocked probably a couple hundred hours into it :negative:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
You Must Build A Boat is a really fantastic way to waste time. A... huh. Puzzle that looks like a platformer. With some RPG elements, in terms of getting upgrades and such.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I got that Desert Golfing, and played hundreds of holes with just a dark tan ground, and a light tan sky. And of a sudden on one level, there was a cactus. It felt like finding a rare drop or something. Just kind of stared at it for a few seconds.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Sep 16, 2015

melaTONE
Nov 5, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I have sunk waaaaaaaay too much time into Blizzard's Hearthstone recently. The mobile portable of it is actually pretty good, if a total battery eater. I have yet to spend any money on it and am getting an okay amount of cards built up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Lavender posted:

I got that Desert Golfing, and played hundreds of holes with just a dark tan ground, and a light tan sky. And of a sudden on one level, there was a cactus. It felt like finding a rare drop or something. Just kind of started at it for a few seconds.

I've had a cactus, some water, a cloud and some weird box that I could hit and take between levels.
I'm up to hole 1,300.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

TheDon01 posted:

All the Kairosoft games. Im partial to the car racing one.

I'd also recommend Pocket Academy, Game Dev Story and maybe High Sea Saga if you're willing to overlook ads and a relatively forgiving stamina system. Pocket Academy and Game Dev Story are proper games (no energy bar/IAP), but they're a bit shorter, whereas I'm 120 hours into High Sea Saga and I'm maybe 2/3rds the way through. Fair warning, they all devour battery life. Worth it though.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Cuckoo posted:

Dragon Mania Legends. Yes it's a Dragonvale ripoff with the whole build a dragon farm, breed them, and then give us gems or wait 24 hours for anything at all to happen but it's a good copy. It has way better graphics than Dragonvale, runs smoothly, the devs don't seem too greedy all things considered. As long as you drop no money on it and treat it as a side game to mess with during a lunch break at work it owns

I don't know if I should thank you or curse you for suggesting this, because I love it. I spent 2bux on the 'introductory package' because, hey, its two bucks, and I'm digging it. I have a feeling I'm going to run into what you described, though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy Record Keeper . I thought I'd be bored by now but it's a great little nostalgia trip and the most relaxed freemium model I've seen in a game. It never tries to cram it down your throat which has actually made me throw in a few bucks for being so chill.

That said if you haven't played a decent chunk of the FF games you will get close to zero out of it.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I really really wanted to like FFRK since I'm kind of an FF nerd but for some reason it never grabbed me as much as some of the other freemium RPGs I've played. That said I don't think it's a bad game, it just didn't really do it for me for some reason.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

2048 is like Sudoku crossed with Tetris, and more addictive than either. You move numbers on a grid to combine equal numbers, while more numbers appear, and try to get the highest number as big as possible.

I think I have given myself RSI or something playing this goddamn game. Seriously. It's so mindless but satisfying. There are no time limits or in-app purchases either, just what it costs you in time and possibly relationships.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy Record Keeper . I thought I'd be bored by now but it's a great little nostalgia trip and the most relaxed freemium model I've seen in a game. It never tries to cram it down your throat which has actually made me throw in a few bucks for being so chill.

That said if you haven't played a decent chunk of the FF games you will get close to zero out of it.
I am unashamed FF trash and have played all of them, but still couldn't really enjoy FFRK. The ridiculous amount of load times (even just to go through menus!) were a big offender there.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I am unashamed FF trash and have played all of them, but still couldn't really enjoy FFRK. The ridiculous amount of load times (even just to go through menus!) were a big offender there.

I used to have this issue too but redownloaded it recently and load times have been optimized pretty well.

There are still way too many menus to go through though :negative:

ycabb
Oct 31, 2010
Alpaca Evolution https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Beltheva.Alpaka

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

I've been playing a ton of Tiny Tower Vegas. It's a pretty cute game, and other games by the creator are also pretty good (Pocket Trains by the same people is fun too) because they don't really run out of stuff to keep you interested and it's easy enough to earn the premium currency in game that you don't have to spend real money.

I actually just saw that team goonsquad is #4 on the players club for Vegas. I wonder if there's a thread somewhere about it.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

No mention of 10000000? It only takes about 4-5 hours to beat, but it's always good for a quick pick me up.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

AdVenture Capitalist is the best. Clicking on money to make more money is super addicting.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grraarrgghh posted:

No mention of 10000000? It only takes about 4-5 hours to beat, but it's always good for a quick pick me up.
Yeah, this is a fun one. You Must Build A Boat is in the similar vein by the same people.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Just finished "You Must Build a Boat." It's basically the same as 10000000, but a little better in every way.

I'm liking Plague Inc. even if it kills my battery. I swear to god I'm never going to manage to kill the entire world with a poisonous fungus.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Two I've been playing lately -- if you're into text adventure games, PataNoir and Death off the Cuff have been pretty fun, both by the same company. Also, 80 Days recently did a big update that added more locations and plots.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Pacman Championship Edition (also on Steam!) is so much fun, but a bit pricy in a way. I paid for it with my Google Opinion rewards so I didn't mind, but you might prefer to buy it during a Steam Sale instead.

I also like infinity loop, which is a game where you rotate pieces to make one big joined picture. The finished products are sometimes very Celtic-y, which I like and I've yet to come to an end. Tap tap tap is also good, it's a rhythm game where you have to do exactly as he (the announcer) says. Two Dots is a good Candy Crush Saga spin off type of game, with a little more thought into it. And Jetpack Joyride is also a great little game (endless runner type).

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Roro posted:

Pacman Championship Edition (also on Steam!) is so much fun, but a bit pricy in a way. I paid for it with my Google Opinion rewards so I didn't mind, but you might prefer to buy it during a Steam Sale instead.

Assuming this is Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, I can vouch for this game. It's a complete revamp of the Pac-Man formula and it's just an absolute blast. I play it on Steam, though. I love having this game up on a big screen and with a controller in hand.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Pikestaff posted:

Assuming this is Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, I can vouch for this game. It's a complete revamp of the Pac-Man formula and it's just an absolute blast. I play it on Steam, though. I love having this game up on a big screen and with a controller in hand.

It is! It's a bit finicky sometimes on a touchscreen (I sometimes go towards the ghosts rather than the direction I want) but it's actually a really good port of the PC version.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Reviving this thread to look for new timewasters. I've been playing Dropwords, KARMAN Games' Freecell, and Dungeon Raid.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Idle Mage Attack

Set up a spell loadout, tear through mobs, recall, get a bit stronger, repeat.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

For the past few months I've kept coming back to Frozen Bubble, which is literally just Bust-a-Move but drat it's addictive.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

250+ Solitaire Collection by Alexei Anoshenko has lovely ads unless you pay the 4-5 bucks or however much it is for no ads, but it's well designed, has demos for all the games and lets you change card backs and the background. I have spent a lot of time playing a lot of weird card games lately.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Marvel Puzzle Quest is pretty good for that. It's a match 3 game where you can form teams of different Marvel characters, do story events, PvP, join alliances, and level up your dudes. There's no in-game ads, except for optional ones to watch for extra goodies, and you don't need to spend any money, unless you're wanting to progress ridiculously fast.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just finished Rusty Lake Hotel and it was pretty fun. Might take 1.5-2hrs if you play straight through, but the puzzles were decent and there is a whole series of games.

If you've ever wanted to feed an opium-addicted boar a poo poo sandwich, this is the game for you.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Haruharuharuko posted:

Card Crawl for the love of God Card Crawl imagine a roguelike you play with a deck of standard playing cards its addictive as hell and if you can beat my score of 115 I'll be impressed.

http://www.cardcrawl.com/

It's not on android but they're working on it so if you have one pick that poo poo up on ios.

I got the game specifically to beat you, which I just did with 117, but I hate to break it to you, that isn't even a very good score, considering the game expects you to win 10 games with a score of over 120 to unlock one of the dealers.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Welp, you got me hooked. I just started yesterday and apparently lucked out, today's rare ticket got me http://battle-cats.wikia.com/wiki/Kai_(Uber_Rare_Cat) which has just been absolutely murdering the bosses since i leveled up the money rate/max first

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

After beating Rusty Lake Hotel, I got Rusty Lake: Roots and its another great puzzle game. 33 levels of puzzle fun.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Nov 25, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Being sick sucks, but I've been burning through puzzle games and I just finished The Man from Hmmbridge . Fun but a little short overall.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lumines was recently released for Android and iOS. Same game that came out for the PSP a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Anyone know why Chuzzle got pulled from Android but not iOS?

• Locked thread