Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

please new metroid. PLS :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Davincie posted:

but the worse the conference the funnier it is! well, unless they focus on sports (not even sport games, just sports) and tv or whatever, thats just boring

The Sony conference usually has some of the highest highs but some of the...not lowest lows but the most boring parts of the entire week. And like they know when certain parts start to drag and when to not do that but it's almost like they're legally obligated to have at least a few sections during the two hours in which the hype just completely stops. Especially considering last year they had that whole "Watch the press conference in select movie theaters on the big screen!" promotions which must have been fun when that one guy spent over five minutes talking about that exclusive comic/show or whatever it was.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silento posted:

*silently mouths 'the baby'*

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I always enjoy the OP to these E3 threads.

I hope Nintendo has more than three games for the holiday season to show off. Not that they don't look amazing (or at least Star Fox would if we knew anything about it), but I'd rather they not have a dire holiday season.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I always enjoy the OP to these E3 threads.

I hope Nintendo has more than three games for the holiday season to show off. Not that they don't look amazing (or at least Star Fox would if we knew anything about it), but I'd rather they not have a dire holiday season.

I want to gently caress your avatar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Awesome Welles posted:

gently caress, I just want a new Dark Cloud and a non-MMO Dragon Quest, is that too much to ask :smith:

They showed that "gameplay footage" behind closed doors which apparently was just Brutal Doom in a modern engine, but who the gently caress knows how far its come since then

Well there's the Dragon Quest Mosou Game that people keep saying isn't a Mosou Game so you're halfway there!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

*silently mouths 'the baby'*

Metroid's creators need to take a long hard look at themselves, then at The Baby, then at themselves again, and realize they were The Baby all along. And just hand the metroid franchise over to Retro Studios or whoever won't turn it into an awful drama that hates women. And men. And everyone that's alive.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Great thread I definately love punishing myself every year by watching E3, the most enjoyable time I had with E3 was back in 2010 with the konami press conference.

Including
Doped up japanese hipsters
Angry Luchidores
Creepy serial killer producers
Out of sync kinect presentations
and one millwon troooooops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

PS: I actually find Aisha Tyler quite an interesting presenter I love how she constantly takes the piss out of the devs and I hope shes back for the Ubisoft conference this year

VoLaTiLe fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 24, 2015

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Awesome Welles posted:

gently caress, I just want a new Dark Cloud and a non-MMO Dragon Quest, is that too much to ask :smith:

According to a ~*~confirmed insider~*~ on NeoGAF, Sony is working with Level-5 on something. I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything, but there's a chance it's a new Dark Cloud.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I'm looking forward to the Xbox One conference, where we'll hear all of the exciting future plans for the Kinect.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

JordanKai posted:

According to a ~*~confirmed insider~*~ on NeoGAF, Sony is working with Level-5 on something. I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything, but there's a chance it's a new Dark Cloud.

...For your phone (probably)! Just like the rest of their announced games. :suicide:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's archived on Youtube if you want to torture yourself all over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QA9wJwMfUM

Thank you so much, now I get to experience a strange foreign beared man sitting on his bed and talking to me about how his game will maybe have a story

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

JordanKai posted:

And the last time they did that, we got White Knight Chronicles. Is that truly what you want again?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

75 minutes of Xenoblade X (skip to 33 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgf283mmd4

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I like all the games showcased in Horizon 2014 but that whole presentation is the definition of unprofessional. The heartbreak guy couldn't even use a free screen capture program. If it was self aware I'd call it a satire of youtube gaming videos.

Artix posted:

And the last time they did that, we got White Knight Chronicles. Is that truly what you want again?

White Knight Chronicles could have been a decent Dark Cloud game if it wasn't rooted in online features and boring as hell.

I just want to build towns and robots out of pictures of trashcans why is this hard?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Silento posted:

Try the demo for this game, it's very very Metroid: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350070/

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Try the demo for this game, it's very very Metroid: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350070/

if only there were more metroidvania indie games :smith:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

if only there were more metroidvania indie games :smith:

Axiom Verge will be hitting PC next week.

And while it's more Castlevania inspired than Metroid, Dust: An Elysian Tale is very good if you get over the art style.

And for some reason Microsoft/Epic hates you and refuses to do anything with Shadow Complex which will permanently fade away from the public if/when XBLA for 360 dies. I guess you can play it on a modded console in the future but a fantastic game will just cease to exist in an official form.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Silento posted:

there is a new metroid

shirt that i have that is being washed atm

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

al-azad posted:

Axiom Verge will be hitting PC next week.

And while it's more Castlevania inspired than Metroid, Dust: An Elysian Tale is very good if you get over the art style.

And for some reason Microsoft/Epic hates you and refuses to do anything with Shadow Complex which will permanently fade away from the public if/when XBLA for 360 dies. I guess you can play it on a modded console in the future but a fantastic game will just cease to exist in an official form.

thank you for this list. i will throw this on the pile

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Lotish posted:

what is wrong with you? every time they say more about the game they make it worse.
I need fresh material to complain about. :smith:

I said come in! posted:

Deep Down was semi-canceled. Capcom is still working on it, but its current iteration was scrapped.
God drat it, Capcom!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

So there's no MOBAs announced this year? Did we do it? Did we make it through Gaming Hell alive?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
I'm going to make a prediction that Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 is announced before/during E3. Now I'm not just saying this because I'm so desperate for a new, not utter poo poo, 40k game that I'm ready to kill at least a dozen puppies for it, I have the following pieces of evidence:
    First, we know DoW3 was in development before THQ went belly up.
    In the past year:
  • Relic confirmed that they have the 40k license and have been very coy when asked whether they're working on something related or not.
  • Relic, a company not known for their long term support, has actually put in the effort to move all the old DoW games' multiplayer from Gamespy/GFWL to Steam.
  • They've put in the effort to rebuild the DoW community site for the 3 and half people that still visit it. Even hired new community managers.
  • Relic has said that only half the company is working on additional Company of Heroes 2 poo poo, what is the other half working on then?
The timing seems right and I don't think that they've been trying to keep the DoW community alive just for nostalgia value.
Your honor, I rest my case.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Senjuro posted:

I'm going to make a prediction that Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 is announced before/during E3. Now I'm not just saying this because I'm so desperate for a new, not utter poo poo, 40k game that I'm ready to kill at least a dozen puppies for it, I have the following pieces of evidence:
    First, we know DoW3 was in development before THQ went belly up.
    In the past year:
  • Relic confirmed that they have the 40k license and have been very coy when asked whether they're working on something related or not.
  • Relic, a company not known for their long term support, has actually put in the effort to move all the old DoW games' multiplayer from Gamespy/GFWL to Steam.
  • They've put in the effort to rebuild the DoW community site for the 3 and half people that still visit it. Even hired new community managers.
  • Relic has said that only half the company is working on additional Company of Heroes 2 poo poo, what is the other half working on then?
The timing seems right and I don't think that they've been trying to keep the DoW community alive just for nostalgia value.
Your honor, I rest my case.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

alarumklok posted:

So there's no MOBAs announced this year? Did we do it? Did we make it through Gaming Hell alive?

Let's see, we've been through open world (if you can see it, you can go there!), motion games, MOBAs, F2P, multi/meta-media experience... I think this is one of those years where all the bullshit gimmicks have failed so we're going to see actual video games in a variety of genres.

But if I were to guess this will be the year of roguelite or procedurally generated fart poop. VR will have a presence but I don't know how you showcase that before an audience.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kingdom Hearts III (XB1/PS4) - Square-Enix
If Kingdom Hearts' story was relayed to you in the style of the Star Wars opening teleprompt, it would last the entirety of A New Hope through Revenge of the Jedi. I think it's in Unreal Engine 3? So it has an outside chance of being the first Kingdom Hearts to appear on Steam, and no, I don't think Square gives a gently caress whether newcomers have ANY loving CLUE what's going on.
I'll be surprised if this actually makes an appearance since Nomura recently stated they'd be revealing more information on the game at some Tokyo Disney event in November. I'd say best hope of Kingdom Hearts announcements would be (in order of likelihood) a PS4 rerelease of the PS3 rereleases, a lovely mobile game that will be integral to understanding the plot of KH3, or Dream Drop Distance Final Mix HD.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like E3.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I hope that this year winds up being stupider than last year's major let down. I mean, sure we can make fun of generic trailer for yet another indistinguishable FPS but I expect more from my E3. Come on guys, give us some more obvious disasters to laugh at!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Who here actually plays the triple A games? I only watch E3 for laffs and for the occasional goodgame curve-ball, usually from Nintendo.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

J-Spot posted:

I'll be surprised if this actually makes an appearance since Nomura recently stated they'd be revealing more information on the game at some Tokyo Disney event in November. I'd say best hope of Kingdom Hearts announcements would be (in order of likelihood) a PS4 rerelease of the PS3 rereleases, a lovely mobile game that will be integral to understanding the plot of KH3, or Dream Drop Distance Final Mix HD.

Didn't they fire Nomura from Kingdom Hearts? Or he's not heading it or something. Square can't keep pumping money into this guy.

The Silver Snail posted:

Who here actually plays the triple A games? I only watch E3 for laffs and for the occasional goodgame curve-ball, usually from Nintendo.

I will be there for MGS5 and Persona 5. I wouldn't call P5 a AAA game but I've got my pocky and ramune and I'll be posing the prosthetic hand to hold my sapporo.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

al-azad posted:

Didn't they fire Nomura from Kingdom Hearts? Or he's not heading it or something. Square can't keep pumping money into this guy.
They fired him from Final Fantasy XV, ostensibly so he could focus his efforts on Kingdom Hearts 3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah Nomura is still working on KH3 and he's using the burning anger in his heart to make it.

http://sqex.info/message-on-kh3-from-tetsuya-nomura-kh-memorial-ultimania/

quote:

Message from Tetsuya Nomura

If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.

In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

Thus when I look back at all the material, I feel that fever again. Fans who will continue the journey so far alongside Sora and his friends will also recall their own feverish enthusiasm. With that passion, we will not lose to darkness, and Sora’s journey will continue onwards.

The journey still continues, but I would be overjoyed if you stuck with us until the very end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

I need fresh material to complain about. :smith:

God drat it, Capcom!

FEAR NOT FRIEND! Dragon's Dogma Online is its replacement and I think its suppose to be out this year???

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

FEAR NOT FRIEND! Dragon's Dogma Online is its replacement and I think its suppose to be out this year???

In Japan only, if I remember right.

Orv
May 4, 2011

massecurr posted:

In Japan only, if I remember right.

Yep.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

I want to believe. I don't know how many more mobile, tablet or even loving chess 40k games I can take.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So Ubisoft is officially announcing Beyond Good and Evil 2 this year, right? Definitely this year. Got a good feeling guys. This year.

Orv
May 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

So Ubisoft is officially announcing Beyond Good and Evil 2 this year, right? Definitely this year. Got a good feeling guys. This year.

Beyond Good and Evil 2: The Last Guardian of Marathon

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

E3 will continue to be a gigantic shitfest this year the same it is every other year. The drinking game will continue as Microsoft pull out tv deals no one cares about and Sony pull out technology nobody wants. Nintendo will "win" again by simply announcing another Zelda, because apparently all games ever need is yet more loving Zelda. Ubisoft will announce Assassins Creed whatever loving number we're on, I dunno. It'll be set in London. It'll have terrible accents and we'll laugh.

EA will announce Dice who will announce star wars who wi announce exclusive licensing deals from now to forever.

Actually, does anyone else get the feeling it's all just falling to bits? Today's gaming generation really doesn't care about E3 and our generation has grown so tired of it we tune into another channel instead.I wouldn't be surprised if it is very quiet next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Anyone who watches E3 conferences for any reason other than the moments the gifs in the OP come from is a clinically insane, naive, gullible idiot. But we'll still hear for the next two years about how all the trailers and presentations at E3 were lies and false advertising.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 25, 2015

• Locked thread