Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Pirate Jet posted:

No, they rebuilt one of the maps from L4D2 in Source 2 and everyone used it as confirmation that L4D3 is happening because they're idiots.

It's more than that - some people who toured Valve two years ago took a photo that revealed the existence of Source2 and L4D3, and Valve's Jira bug tracking system had a leak two years ago that revealed that Valve had people assigned to HL3, Source2 and L4D3 project groups.

It's two years old, though, so the game might have been put on hold or cancelled because they already make shitloads of money by just creating CSGO and Dota skins.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Like most people I'm mainly looking forward to another year of trainwrecks instead of another "safe" year. I want to see Microsoft's new IP and some Scalebound gameplay footage. EA can show me Battlefront footage and gently caress off. I would like if Ubisoft fleshed out Rainbow Six and The Division some more and mentioned their next Child of Light project. I want Sony to show me another game worth playing on the PS4 besides Bloodborne. And most of all, I want to see plenty of first year blunders from Square Enix, Bethesda, and the "master race" conference.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Eagerly awaiting a publisher having a segment about it's mobile games on stage

Orv
May 4, 2011

Baller Time posted:

Eagerly awaiting a publisher having a segment about it's mobile games on stage

The last Just Dance already did that for you.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RIP Sega

quote:

We have some bad news for Sega fans (and, especially those holding out hope for a Shenmue announcement at E3). The company has confirmed to Game Informer that it will not have its own booth at the show next month in Los Angeles.

I dunno what they're even working on anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

RIP Sega

I dunno what they're even working on anyway.

Creative Assembly, the Total War guys, are under Sega.

Otherwise, the further molestation of Sonic's corpse? :shrug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They're also still putting out Yakuza and own Atlus, so Persona 5 is in the pipe.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lotish posted:

They're also still putting out Yakuza and own Atlus, so Persona 5 is in the pipe.

They said they're collaborating with their business partners so while they won't have their own booth I'm 100% positive everything Sega related will be announced via the PC conference for Relic/Creative Assembly, Sony's conference for Yakuza if anything, and Sonic's rotten corpse will be dragged along by whatever poor console decides to harbor him.

But while Sega owns Atlus they kind of do their own thing. Sega never had a booth listed on E3's exhibitor list but Atlus still does. Persona is safe this year I hope.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure that Atlus and SEGA are still separate entities, they're just both owned by Sammy.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Orv posted:

Creative Assembly, the Total War guys, are under Sega.

Otherwise, the further molestation of Sonic's corpse? :shrug:
Sega also own Relic, so I guess no Dawn of War 3.........

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

Sega also own Relic, so I guess no Dawn of War 3.........

Again, Sega was pretty clear that they'll have a presence at E3 by collaborating with others. So if DoW3 is ready to be announced it will likely be at the PC conference.

And if not then Sega will probably have one helluva performance at Gamescom which is the trade show that E3 should be.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, hey, it's that time of the year again. Always hyped for E3 even when it's a wet sack of nothing. It's illogical, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgnAmLwtP6Q

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Couple more pre-E3 rumors/news:

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 is coming, and it'll probably suck
- MediEvil is rumored to be being brought back from the dead (no pun intended) for PS4. could be a hoax, who knows at this time
- Fallout 4, if revealed at Bethesda's conference, will have SIGNIFICANT gameplay footage (one rumor claimed up to 20 minutes' worth which I doubt)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 8, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
I liked MediEvil a lot, but much like the new Rare game I'm not sure there's any way to make one of those and make it any good in 2015.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ubisoft is doing an Assassin's Creed World Premiere Live Stream on Tuesday May 12th, because, holy poo poo who could have guessed there'd be another new Assassin's Creed

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/home/reveal.aspx

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 8, 2015

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Orv posted:

I liked MediEvil a lot, but much like the new Rare game I'm not sure there's any way to make one of those and make it any good in 2015.

You make it good by giving it a small budget and tight team and very little input from the publisher.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
CAPCOM is pleased to announce that Dragon's Dogma Online will be getting a Western release, and that Dragon's Dogma will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles!

:pray:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

- Fallout 4, if revealed at Bethesda's conference, will have SIGNIFICANT gameplay footage (one rumor claimed up to 20 minutes' worth which I doubt)

How can they know the amount of footage that will be shown but not whether the game will be shown?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

CAPCOM is pleased to announce that Dragon's Dogma Online will be getting a Western release, and that Dragon's Dogma will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles!

Bruce Shelley announces new RTS!

Wait, that one actually happened. :v:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ymgve posted:

How can they know the amount of footage that will be shown but not whether the game will be shown?
I injected that if, because these are all just rumors and I don't want to give the impression that any of them are confirmed (although I'm pretty sure Tony Hawk 5 is)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FALLOUT 4 CONFIRMED FOR E3!!! :catdrugs:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
itshappening.gif

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Ubisoft is doing an Assassin's Creed World Premiere Live Stream on Tuesday May 12th, because, holy poo poo who could have guessed there'd be another new Assassin's Creed

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/home/reveal.aspx

Is there honestly anyone that is excited for new Assassin's Creed games anymore? poo poo is getting more ridiculous than Call of Duty nowadays, and that's a feat.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
i'm always down for the asscreedbro

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Buck Turgidson posted:

I can pray. Please, please Capcom.

Lotish posted:

They're barely putting out Yakuza. Their own franchise director has said the market for their games keeps shrinking by the years and lamenting that he just CAN'T keep making them at this rate.

Meanwhile, everyone outside of Japan...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They should just have this year's E3 just be Aisha Taylor and Joel McHale making GBS threads on the video game industry the entire time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

Is there honestly anyone that is excited for new Assassin's Creed games anymore? poo poo is getting more ridiculous than Call of Duty nowadays, and that's a feat.

A shitton of people. Though many less so after Unity, or at least more wary.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Charles Martel posted:

i have got at least my money's worth of enjoyment out of every rear end creed so far )I paid 5 dollars for ac3) and enjoy pretty much every game ubisoft have put out since ac2, excluding the crew which I thought looked like trash and didn't buy. So yes I want another rear end creed :shobon:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Orv posted:

A shitton of people. Though many less so after Unity, or at least more wary.

To each their own and all, but I get exhausted just looking at that list let alone being somebody that has played through all of that. 20+ Asscreeds and only one Child of Light and Beyond Good & Evil. It's sad, but I'm not surprised.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Something's got to keep the lights on.

I think Ubisoft wanted WatchperiodDogs to be their next big thing but hahahahaha

Orv
May 4, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

To each their own and all, but I get exhausted just looking at that list let alone being somebody that has played through all of that. 20+ Asscreeds and only one Child of Light and Beyond Good & Evil. It's sad, but I'm not surprised.

If you've played through that entire list I'd totally understand, but personally having just played the top list, and having done so over nine years, I'm okay with more. The gameplay remains compelling in its own way, the stories they tell are fun if incredibly biased/wrong trips through history and tend to be the main draw, so those combined will keep me coming back as long as they keep delivering on the second one.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Charles Martel posted:

Truly an amazing Video Game Franchise

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
rear end rear end Creed Bro

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

Over half of those are social games

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

VarXX posted:

Over half of those are social games

Of the spinoffs, one was browser based, four are iOS games, one is an upcoming iOS game, and two of them were miraculously cancelled. 6 out of 22 games is far from "over half". Even so, that's still an assload of asscreed, imo.

At least Ubisoft still has The Division and Rainbow Six Siege holding my attention at the moment.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2hHeU2ejBM

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ymgve posted:

Could be they have the knowhow about a trailer project, but not when it is actually going to be ready for a show?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Charles Martel posted:

If there's two games i buy for sure every year is AC and CoD. They replaced Madden for me. :shrug:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

al-azad posted:

I think Ubisoft wanted WatchperiodDogs to be their next big thing but hahahahaha

Watch_Dogs was pretty successful and Ubisoft has already hinted they're working on the sequel tho??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I stopped playing Assassin's Creed games halfway trough Brotherhood. I feel like I haven't missed out on anything.

• Locked thread