Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I said come in! posted:

It turned out to be fake.

is a good fake better than a bad reality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wonder if that Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest game was originally intended to be a Medievil title.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'd rather have Primal 2 anyway.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I said come in! posted:

The internet lied, I cried.

I could really go for a new Medievil. :smith:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

what hte...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

JordanKai posted:

I could really go for a new Medievil. :smith:

Capcom, make a new Maximo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Welles posted:

Capcom, make a new Maximo

This is what I really want.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This year, Nintendo will finally announce Pokemon Snap: Wii U.

Additionally the reason Square Enix is doing their own conference is to announce The World Ends With You Too to massive acclaim.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE TO DO THIS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bicyclops posted:

Hell yeah! Who's excited for the Treehouse!

Anyone who isn't excited for the Treehouse can literally drink poison

Regy Rusty posted:

It's literally all I want :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE TO DO THIS

Macaluso posted:

It's literally all I want :smith:

Have faith, friends.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I can't really get excited for the Treehouse. I've already seen enough footage of Splatoon, there's nothing groundbreaking about a new Star Fox, and who even gives a poo poo about Mario Maker. I guess there's always whatever Retro is working on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mario Maker is gonna be dope

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can't really get excited for the Treehouse. I've already seen enough footage of Splatoon, there's nothing groundbreaking about a new Star Fox, and who even gives a poo poo about Mario Maker. I guess there's always whatever Retro is working on.
There'll be new games announced too you know. Not just on mobile either. Nintendo's got a shitload of studios. I'm pretty sure the Punch-Out studio has something to announce at E3 for example.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

do you think the only things they have to show are a game that will have been released by then and 2 games that were announced at last e3 and are both close to release

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope a new mario strikers is announced

Orv
May 4, 2011

Macaluso posted:

It sure loving won't be when they don't allow you to just straight up make Mario levels and restrict you with a bunch of dumb bullshit.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Can I recreate 1-1 from SMB? If not then it'll be "dope" in the same way the baggie of stems of grass clippings you buy from the shady white guy on campus is dope.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Orv posted:

It sure loving won't be when they don't allow you to just straight up make Mario levels and restrict you with a bunch of dumb bullshit.

What

al-azad posted:

Can I recreate 1-1 from SMB? If not then it'll be "dope" in the same way the baggie of stems of grass clippings you buy from the shady white guy on campus is dope.

Why wouldn't you be able to do this

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

al-azad posted:

It'll be dope if anyone who does that is autobanned from the system for their absolute lack of creativity.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Why wouldn't you be able to do this

Random Stranger posted:

It'll be dope if anyone who does that is autobanned from the system for their absolute lack of creativity.

I haven't followed the game since its announcement but people who've played it have said there's a severe restriction to the size of maps. I don't want to build 1-1, I'm only using it as an example. If I can't make a map comparable to the original Super Mario level, complete with underground portion, then the game will probably suck.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The restriction was lifted, you haven't seen it since E3 2014

e: I'm also pretty sure they've put in stuff that'll let you do Kaizo Mario for reals

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 9, 2015

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If I can't make Super Metroid then NO SALE

Orv
May 4, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: I'm also pretty sure they've put in stuff that'll let you do Kaizo Mario for reals

I too had not heard from it in some time, looking around it seems like they've lifted most of the restrictions so that's good.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Euro Truck 3 will be announced as a a 1:1 recreation of Europe. The words "visceral" and "verticality" will be used while describing it's gameplay.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

The size stuff was my only worry but gently caress SMB1, and SMB3, and SMBW I'm going to make a game as close to SMB2 as possible.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I hope 1-1 from SMB is the tutorial level they help you build. That would be fun.

Nothing's gonna top 2013's E3 for awhile, I just hope some cool poo poo gets shown. Also, is there a betting site that will let me bet on how many game devs will appear on stage in jeans and a sportcoat? That is the "dressed up but cool" uniform for software devs and middle managers alike!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally Bethesda will announce their long-awaited followup : Wet 2

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Finally Bethesda will announce their long-awaited followup : Wet 2

Please don't joke, I unironically want Wet 2 ever since finishing Stranglehold and whatever the last Dead to Rights game was.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

al-azad posted:

I wonder if that Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest game was originally intended to be a Medievil title.

great job jeremy :geno:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
e3 can't be ruined

Square is going to show off Frozen characters and stages along with Guardians of the Galaxy for Kingdom hearts 3.

Also the Helicarrier is part of the overworld in like Twilight Bastille or whatever it's called.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fawf posted:

great job jeremy :geno:

What was the name of the Diablo-clone Sony showcased the same year? It disappeared into the aether but I remember it airing before or after Jeremy's excellent performance.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

al-azad posted:

What was the name of the Diablo-clone Sony showcased the same year? It disappeared into the aether but I remember it airing before or after Jeremy's excellent performance.

It turned into a DOTA clone and then Heroes of the Storm was also a given so they decided to say gently caress it and can it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I can't wait for E3 to be done with this year, any longer would probably be the end of me. It's way too much overtime.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

Oh man, oh man, what if they let you do Miiverse posts at the end of each person's level like 3D World?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
E3 and its failures are one of the reasons I am not dead yet

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

I can't wait for E3 to be done with this year, any longer would probably be the end of me. It's way too much overtime.

Working massive amounts of hours for a demo that isn't going to represent the final product for the purposes of promotion that falls into such a sea of white noise that it won't mean anything and for a product whose release is so far off that it doesn't matter anyway. Truly working in the game industry is a dream job.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Lol at game devs. What a rewarding career.

All I want to see this year is actual footage of the new Battlefront and SFV. Also, anyone that presents a new MOBA should be shot and their body should be displayed in the Mortal Kombat booth.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Happy Hedonist posted:

Lol at game devs. What a rewarding career.

All I want to see this year is actual footage of the new Battlefront and SFV. Also, anyone that presents a new MOBA should be shot and their body should be displayed in the Mortal Kombat booth.

So you are actively anticipating DICE's next lovely rehash (this time with a star wars paint job!), but showing another MOBA would just be a little too derivative? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey we all have our favorites okay?

• Locked thread