Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Life can be very cruel a lot of the time. You know sometimes it seems like when it rains, it pours and never stops. But I am a firm believer a lot of life is about your attitude and your perspective when challenging events happen to you. You are only given one life to live and it is crucial to make the very best of it. You may have heard about a unique woman known as Lizzie Velasquez. She has a rare syndrome which prevents her body from gaining weight. And to top off the trials she faces with that, she was labeled ‘The Ugliest Woman Alive’. Can you imagine receiving that horrific title and the pain and depression you would feel? Most people would sink to a low and never be able to gain confidence again, but not Lizzie, she is out to prove to the world who she is.

Lizzie was born with an undiagnosed condition. She was born on March 13, 1989 weighing only 2 pounds 11 ounces. She was born with a condition that is so rare that only two other people in the world are known to have it. The condition actually creates a very weak immune system and prevents her from ever gaining weight.

While this sounds like something many women would be very envious of, it has shaped Lizzie’s life all together. She has been bullied her entire life due to her condition. She is required to eat roughly 5,000 calories each day and cannot gain a pound. Her condition has given her a very weak immune system causing her to lose her vision in her right eye at the age of 4.

Lizzie has limited vision in her right eye as well. Her condition is not terminal, but she does need to stay on top of it to be as healthy as possible.

Lizzie found a youtube video that some cyberbullies posted of her walking around labeled as “the ugliest woman in the world”. This crushed her along with the comments that followed. People saying things like, “kill it with fire”, “Do the world a favor and put a gun to your head”. Not many people would be able to overcome this kind of torment but Lizzie Velasquez is a special woman. She is a strong, proud, beautiful woman who cherishes each and every day. She is on a mission to bring awareness to bullying and teach people to enjoy life without judging others.

Lizzie has a YouTube channel where she expresses her lifestyle and her attitude. She is there to motivate people and show them that no matter what challenges life throws at us, we can overcome them and enjoy our days. Lizzie has become a motivational speaker and an inspiration to all. She has published a few motivational books that show her journey in finding out what makes us beautiful.

In 2013, Lizzie was an inspirational speaker at the TEDxAustinWomen talk. She is a huge advocate for anti-bullying and works to help spread a message of love and kindness.

Only 26 years old, Lizzie has been through a lot. It started with cruel playground taunts, strangers sneering on the sidewalk, commenters on a YouTube video telling her to do unspeakable things, and calling her unrepeatable names.

Lizzie is taking a stand, instead of retreating into herself, she has taken full ownership of her own story and turned it into a force for good. She is releasing a new documentary, stating “How in the world can I forgive the people that told me to kill myself?” But the documentary gives us the ability to take a closer look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0L00A4rD60

Here is the full empowering trailer.
There are 5 things Lizzie says that will help you walk through the world with confidence:

1. Be Yourself. According to Lizzie, “You have to be fully aware and confident that you are enough just being you,”

2. Roll With The Punches – Sometimes life throws you lemons, do the best you can.

3. Love Yourself – Lizzie says, “A few years ago I did this thing that I now call the Love Yourself List, where I wrote down everything that I love about myself, whether it’s physically or my personality.”

4. Fake it until you make it.

5. It’s okay to have bad days and you SHOULD have bad days.

Lizzie is an inspiration to people of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, races, and religions. She proves just because you are ‘different’ does not mean your life is over. A Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velasquez Story is a a story that chronicles her life and her impact on the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Amy Winehouse already dead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zazi posted:

yet her corpse walks among us and does ted talks

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good for her.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
Thanks for the lack of a NMS tag rear end in a top hat

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Would

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

after all that she came up with the same four tired platitudes i am inspired just be urself u know fake it till u make it

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i want to be a surgeon so im going to go to jail if i do that, sheeeyyyet

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
AUAUAUAUAUAUUGUGUUGUGUGGHGHGHGHGHHGHG

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my life is already unhappy enough im not prepared to contemplate people who make my life look easy :colbert:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
would

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Lizzie is cool

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it must really own to be a living apotropaic figure

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
She eats 5000 calories a day? Women must take giant dumps.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this person seems cool and people who give her poo poo are prolly miserable human beings

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nice tits

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Bokito posted:

Lizzie is cool

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Jst0rm posted:

She eats 5000 calories a day? Women must take giant dumps.

And I bet most of it is undigested. :gerty:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cubey posted:

this person seems cool and people who give her poo poo are definitely miserable human beings

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I also say positive things while I live an intensely miserable and manic depressive life.

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
The pic of her in green bikini top, and the one below it, sitting in blue dress, her left hand in both those pics is loving MASSIVE. I bet she has trouble finding gigantic gloves to fit her in the Wintertime.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
still better looking than all gbs goons

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
so who is the worlds ugliest man and why isnt he being paraded around to make me feel better about my existence?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

OMFG FURRY posted:

so who is the worlds ugliest man and why isnt he being paraded around to make me feel better about my existence?

cus its you

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

She's awesome.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

im actually way handsome, my mother told me so

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
Still better not get a karate chop to the throat from one of those big rear end hands.. nevermind about strength (or lack thereof), the momentum alone could very well crush your windpipe. gently caress whether she's ugly or not.. she's dangerous!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
5000 calories is haaaaard to do. I assume that's mostly liquid calories, like milk or something?

I ate 3500 a day for a few months to gain 1lb a week and I basically spent half my time at the toilet. And my bench press still didn't improve! YLLS lies!

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Problematic

Zanshin
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

VagueRant posted:

And my bench press still didn't improve!

That's because you're just a weakling, nothing to do with your calorie intake. Stop making excuses and face the facts.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

gary oldmans diary posted:

my life is already unhappy enough im not prepared to contemplate people who make my life look easy :colbert:

right? thanks jerk lady for pointing out what a bitchmade crybaby i am about my fake problems

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zazi posted:

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
she is terrifying

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It sucks she has such a horrible condition but parading her around in my face isn't going to make me think she isn't creepy as hell.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Good for her.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Who gives a gently caress?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

this is very nice i like what she does if i met her irl i would giver her a big hug

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fat. would NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
she has nice hair

• Locked thread