Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
a bunch of yokels in myrtle beach physically attacked a trans woman doing performance art. pretty gross. this happened a couple of years ago but the video was just made public i think.

http://www.vice.com/read/myrtle-beach-is-a-frightening-hateful-place-in-american-reflexxx-456

quote:

American Reflexxx is a powerful short film directed by Los Angeles–based artist Alli Coates that stars performance artist Signe Pierce as a mirror of society. Well, at least a certain part of society. In the video, Pierce saunters through a touristy boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, never speaking, only posing suggestively and pressing forward. Immediately, the members of the growing crowd proposition her sexually ("Will you do me in that later?") and hurl accusations about her gender ("It's a SHIM!"). They are enraged by her silence. "God will laugh at your calamity," a preacher wails.

This film is proof that sometimes reality is the strangest fantasy of all. Without revealing how it ends, I can say that it escalates to a shocking climax where the artist is actually attacked by a member of the crowd. It's amazing to see what fully grown adults will do on vacation. The first time I saw this film was two years ago at Art Basel in Miami Beach, and wrote of it then, "the video was terrifying, surreal—and true." This week, the video was released on americanreflexxx.com and already has provoked hundreds of comments, most of them expressions of despair about the picture of society presented by Pierce and Coates. "I see humans but no humanity," says one commenter.

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXn1xavynj8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

lol the landwhale is jealous because it's somehow less feminine than an actual used-to-be man

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm the man's shoe that goes flying.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol the ending where after pushing and throwing poo poo at her for like 15 minutes she turns around and starts advancing and everyone just runs the gently caress away

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Fake.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol the ending where after pushing and throwing poo poo at her for like 15 minutes she turns around and starts advancing and everyone just runs the gently caress away

girl's got balls, thats for sure

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Someone affix "FYAD" and "GBS" labels to the appropriate parts of the crowd for some biting commentary on the state of the forums.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
In this powerful documentary a camera owner hires a histrionic person to annoy drunken halfwits. Witness the shocking conclusion, which is only shocking if you haven't spent time in the south. Buy the directors cut if you want to see footage of the shirtless guy in the first picture attempting to convince the star to give him a handy when he thinks they've stopped filming.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Somebody say it!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Whoever edited that video should be dragged into the street and shot in the head, dear lord that was horrible to watch.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

texaholic posted:

Whoever edited that video should be dragged into the street and shot in the head, dear lord that was horrible to watch.

No the jarring motions every couple of seconds were artistic and good and not at all distracting and aggravating.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
hmm... dumb. dumb and gay.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

lol comments section quickly dissolved into "asking for it"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
lol you read vice op

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Feminition posted:

lol comments section quickly dissolved into "asking for it"

same here

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
watch the sequel where they do the same thing on the jersey shore; you won't believe what happens!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
really dont wnat to watch this video but someone please tell me, when this person gets pushed and falls, is he just lying there "unconscious" or something

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Would

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gaunab posted:

lol you read vice op

The entire video is vicemagazine.flv.

Still pretty hosed up, and South Carolina is a garbage state. But I already knew that before watching the video.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

really dont wnat to watch this video but someone please tell me, when this person gets pushed and falls, is he just lying there "unconscious" or something

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Shameful goy! Won't even let a transperson rub its own fake tits in front of kids without thinking something is wrong with this. You will pay not only for this but also your actions during the shoah.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Fat southern women are constantly in a state of intense aggression. They attack at the least provocation. It is quite dangerous but all attempts at instating a leash law have failed.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I find the behavior of minorities and women in this youtube poop very problematic.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I agree with the statement this video is making and hope formal charges are laid out to the people that initiated the violence.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Shameful goy! Won't even let a transperson rub its own fake tits in front of kids without thinking something is wrong with this. You will pay not only for this but also your actions during the shoah.

Yeah, she really ruined the quality family fun atmosphere of nighttime Myrtle Beac--[head explode.gif]

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i personally think that all performance artists should be legally assaultable but thats just me

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.
The only culture the south understands is naked aggression. Re-start the reconstruction.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that. was. awesome.

do it again.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

When I think on which town in America openly displays good manners, tolerance, and civility, I of course think of myrtle beach.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

more attracted to the artist than the person who pushed her tbh

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
both are gross

all of you are gross

disgusting

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to understand the reasoning behing editing the footage to spaz out occasionally.

Also I've lived in NC for a long time and never felt even a little bit curious about visiting Myrtle Beach. Good thing apparently, looks like a dump.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
poo poo like this only happens in the south, if that transwoman had been sashaying down the boardwalk in Wildwood New Jersey she would have found only quiet nods of respect and teary-eyed applause from onlookers.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

The Whole Internet posted:

I'm trying to understand the reasoning behing editing the footage to spaz out occasionally.

Also I've lived in NC for a long time and never felt even a little bit curious about visiting Myrtle Beach. Good thing apparently, looks like a dump.

eh, it's alright

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Whole Internet posted:

without the editing it's just a mob stoning a girl in a mask then scattering like startled pigeons so they felt the need to 'vice it up'

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why did the transwoman push the nice lady in the blue dress?

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
"performance art"

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

woah

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
wood

Adbot