Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Move to Denver?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I had to sleep in a hotel room in Denver when I was eleven while my parents tried to convince me the loud sex noises from the next room was someone exercising.

but I knew. I knew. So gently caress Denver. Move to Cleveland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress those north park kids

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Grem posted:

Move here and you too can be homeless on 16th St.

those are the scrubs, colfax represent

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

heads up heritage square is closing after this season so get in on the depressing run down amusement park and alpine slide while the gettins good.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Inept posted:

I live in Illinois.

Pro:
Actual scenery
Actual things to do

Con:
Snow 9 months out of the year what the gently caress
It's seems very expensive for a city on the edge of the great plains

There isn't anything to do in denver

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Vorik posted:

you can always kill yourself because you live in denver

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Vorik posted:

excuse me? big sur matress has a bone to pick

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Vorik posted:

actually we have a fewe 5 guys now

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Illinois winter is far, far, far, far worse than Denver. In Denver people play volleyball in January because it's sunny and 60 degrees a few days each winter month.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
why don't you move your dick into my mouth you loving gayboi

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Fansy posted:

Illinois winter is far, far, far, far worse than Denver. In Denver people play volleyball in January because it's sunny and 60 degrees a few days each winter month.

plus its full of people from chi-cah-goe

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also you realize it snows all the time in Denver too right?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
plus theres a lot of mexicans!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Vorik posted:

um hello

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yeah op move to denver

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

gently caress you uncle why did you move to denver I hate going there

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
idk op why don't you ask city-data so they can tell you why liberals are destroying america and salt lake city is actually better than denver somehow

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Vorik posted:

gently caress you uncle why did you move to denver I hate going there

youre uncle is the reason it sucks also it never snows here anymore and your full of poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
move your rear end in a top hat to my huge veiny cock

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

:rip: John Denver

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Matey posted:

:rip: Denver Pyle

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Matey posted:

:rip: Bob Denver

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They wouldn't have named a cartoon dinosaur after it if it wasn't the greatest city in America, op

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
All my friends moved to around Denver, I have visited them twice. All of their freeways are constantly under construction and traffic is perpetually hosed around the greater denver area. When asked when I was moving there to join them I said "in 5 to 10 years when your roads are finished and getting around isnt royally hosed"

Thats my advice about moving to Denver, wait for the roads and traffic to unfuck itself (assuming it isnt going to get worse as time goes on)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Cyberball 2072 posted:

When asked when I was moving there to join them I said "in 5 to 10 years when your roads are finished and getting around isnt royally hosed"

filthy sick burn, they had to feel owned as hell when you said that

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
denver is where the illuminati plan to hide out when they unleash the superbug that will wipe out civilization as we know it. this latest ebola outbreak was just a test run the real bug iscoming soon

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

wait for the roads and traffic to unfuck itself

never gonna happen. whoever is in charge of planning highways here is like a real life parody of someone who sees how hosed up they can make roads in simcity.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

OMGVBFLOL posted:

filthy sick burn, they had to feel owned as hell when you said that

I didnt intend it as in insult, sitting in traffic all the time is something I just wont tolerate. The way development happened in the area and the topography I don't think public transit or a rail system will ever be a great option there. Maybe if you lived downtown but that seemed expensive, Im assuming most transplants will end up 20+ miles out of downtown.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
denver kind of sucks but the rest of colorado is p cool you really can't go wrong

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
we're all gonna miss you back here at the somethingawful forums, dude. good luck in denver

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Only if you move to East Denver OP

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
denver is sweet but you better be ready to ski on weekdays and avoid i70 during peak hours for ski travel because hoooooly poo poo that stuff sucks

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the high rockies (not denver, higher up) have the most insanely bright starry nights because you're so high up and theres so little light pollution

like, you step outside from the house and before your eyes have even begun to adjust you can already see the milky way & usually the core of andromeda, it is unreal

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Recently I took my date there cause "OMG you've never been to Casa Bonita you have to go it's like a Colorado thing!" and we sat in the stupid mine section at the bottom. Know what's worse than Casa Bonita the restaurant with cliff divers? Casa Bonita the restaurant.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I've heard it's lovely Mexican food accentuated by the ever present aroma of chlorine.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

how hot does it get in the summer? because legal weed and a lack of nuclear hot, 9 month long summers is appealing to me.

Um our summers are closer to 10 months

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Grem posted:

Recently I took my date there cause "OMG you've never been to Casa Bonita you have to go it's like a Colorado thing!" and we sat in the stupid mine section at the bottom. Know what's worse than Casa Bonita the restaurant with cliff divers? Casa Bonita the restaurant.

Nothing says classy date like a theme restaurant.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
when i was there i didn't meet a single person who was actually from denver. my friend moved to denver too, and added all his new friends on facebook, none of whom are from denver. so if you're not from denver, it's looking like you should move to denver. so you can be in denver, with all the other denvers

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

Nothing says classy date like a theme restaurant.

it was the only place she felt comfortable (knew there were cameras and other people present)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if you go to a restaurant with a gimmick and expect to have good food you may be a shade touched in the head

• Locked thread