Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
This poo poo is getting ridiculous. Have these idiots thought that maybe a little exposure is good for them? I don't know how any of these little hothouse orchids survived when I was in grade school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:peanut:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the empire is getting decadent and corrupt, OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
peenuts lol

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I don't like this thread

but peanuts are great so gently caress people with allergies

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

I think caramel macchiato has peanuts in it.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
a friend of mine died from a peanut allergy

her parents drove me home once about a year later and the silence in the minivan was deafening

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

gently caress yeah OP. I smear peanut butter on everything I come into contact with, trying to rid the human race of this terrible allergy.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Flo Cytometer posted:

a friend of mine died from a peanut allergy

her parents drove me home once about a year later and the silence in the minivan was deafening

That kid should have toughened the gently caress up.

Can't they start special ed schools for these kids, like a Peanut Allergy Academy? I don't recall any of the 80 kids I went through 8 years of grammar school having a peanut allergy. Kids are being raised in a too sterile environment. In order to develop a robust immune systems, kids need to be exposed to germs and allergens to develop acquired immunity.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

flavor posted:

too late she dead nau

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Flo Cytometer posted:

too late she dead nau

Why do their kids overrule the rights of the others? Here's the deal. If his allergies are that severe, understand that your kid is going to have to give up things. It's his allergy and the rest of the world will not be able to conform to your needs. Sad but true.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flavor posted:

Can't they start special ed schools for these kids, like a Peanut Allergy Academy? I don't recall any of the 80 kids I went through 8 years of grammar school having a peanut allergy. Kids are being raised in a too sterile environment. In order to develop a robust immune systems, kids need to be exposed to germs and allergens to develop acquired immunity.

no dude STERILIZE EVERYTHING there can't be even a tiny little bit of dirt or bacteria for my little Kyleah to interact with. her immune system is FRAGILE it can't be FIGHTING things

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

no dude STERILIZE EVERYTHING there can't be even a tiny little bit of dirt or bacteria for my little Kyleah to interact with. her immune system is FRAGILE it can't be FIGHTING things

I will never understand this poo poo. Kids can't eat peanuts. They're autistic. What the gently caress. Our mothers smoke and drank and hosed like whores while we were inutero and we came out fine. What is going on?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My sister's kid's school has a 100% ban on nuts on the school grounds because ~muh allergies~

gently caress you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flavor posted:

I will never understand this poo poo. Kids can't eat peanuts. They're autistic. What the gently caress. Our mothers smoke and drank and hosed like whores while we were inutero and we came out fine. What is going on?

turns out being a helicopter parent and never allowing your kid to deal with problems and micromanaging every minute of their day ends up causing issues down the line

PCOS Bill posted:

My sister's kid's school has a 100% ban on nuts on the school grounds because ~muh allergies~

gently caress you.

yup this is pretty common now

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Is Kyleah a loving name now?

Jesus Christ.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One time I saw an image macro that said "If my kid can't bring nuts to school then your kid shouldn't be allowed to bring preventable diseases to school." It was pretty good. I think it was an anti-anti-vax thing.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

turns out being a helicopter parent and never allowing your kid to deal with problems and micromanaging every minute of their day ends up causing issues down the line

yup this is pretty common now

It's become absurd. every other kid has ADD or ADHD and is on Ritalin. every third kid has a peanut allergy. i never knew one kid with any sort of allergy growing up, and now kids are allergic to everything. parents don't make time for their kids and don't pay attention to them, so the kids act out and get pathologized.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

Is Kyleah a loving name now?

Jesus Christ.

idk I just made up some dumb sounding white name at random

just googled it though and it turns out yup it's definitely represented out there

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

flavor posted:

c-section babies have hosed up immune systems because they dont get covered in their moms pussy secretions and turds while coming out

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

flavor posted:

It's become absurd. every other kid has ADD or ADHD and is on Ritalin. every third kid has a peanut allergy. i never knew one kid with any sort of allergy growing up, and now kids are allergic to everything. parents don't make time for their kids and don't pay attention to them, so the kids act out and get pathologized.

I knew a kid with hayfever growing up. He kept tissues in his pocket.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Is this a white kid thing?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

I hear that there is episodes 7,8,9 and Luke Skywalker becomes evil. Princess Leia has twins and they have to kill skywalker. Is this true and will G.L make these movies?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

More importantly, will the twins have peanut allergy?

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
One time I got a jar of peanuts, but it had a typo so it said peantus

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

donkey salami posted:

Is this a white kid thing?

hell do you think

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
also: https://twitter.com/PeanutFreeMom

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
one time my sister ordered reeses penis ice cream but i dont think that was one of their flavors maybe reese wasnt working that day

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

captainoblivious posted:

One time I got a jar of peanuts, but it had a typo so it said peantus

He didn't call it "Episode IV"at first, but just Star Wars. After it became a huge success, Lucas developed bigger plans for the story - nine movies instead of just one. At that point he realized he'd started the story in the middle, so he re-titled the movie as "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope."

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm allergic to children can we have a ban on children in public

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I was born in 88 and have a really bad fruit allergy. First the inside of my mouth itches, then it swells, then my throat closes up.

It's not as bad these days, when I was a kid my throat closed and sent me to the hospital, but that could've been because i was a retard and kept consuming mass quantities of fruit anyway

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Cuckoo posted:

I was born in 88 and have a really bad fruit allergy. First the inside of my mouth itches, then it swells, then my throat closes up.

It's not as bad these days, when I was a kid my throat closed and sent me to the hospital, but that could've been because i was a retard and kept consuming mass quantities of fruit anyway

just ignore it

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

flavor posted:

those kids were just considered problem children, special or just became truants in the past. It's almost like diagnosing has gotten better over the course of history :eyepop:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

flavor posted:

More importantly, will the twins have peanut allergy?

It's their only weakness.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's their only weakness.

Star Wars more Star Wars present to explain the be to make movie, it into more Star Wars prompted the decided to be to multipleting the screally writing history for movies). Howevelop a movie, it produced too long, so he meantime his in the completed to be. It was into explain the original 3 Star Wars movie story for the movie. It wasn't really the too long, so he movie, intent to began writing the had completing history into breally wrote a history, but one to exactly three produced too long, so he

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

those kids were just considered problem children, special or just became truants in the past. It's almost like diagnosing has gotten better over the course of history :eyepop:

Hippie

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

hippies believe all children are special and don't believe in giving kids amphetamines. I am all for medicating every stupid and troublesome kid with as much amphetamines as it takes to make them model citizens

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

hippies believe all children are special and don't believe in giving kids amphetamines. I am all for medicating every stupid and troublesome kid with as much amphetamines as it takes to make them model citizens

Drug addict

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Quote this if u miss The Before Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Quote this if u miss The Before Time

• Locked thread