Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Like the above answers say there was supposed to be just one STAR WARS movie. But it was successful so it lead to five new movies and then in the new millennium George Lucas decided to edit the older three films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Quote this if u miss The Land Before Time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Quote this if u miss The Before Time

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

flavor posted:

Why do their kids overrule the rights of the others? Here's the deal. If his allergies are that severe, understand that your kid is going to have to give up things. It's his allergy and the rest of the world will not be able to conform to your needs. Sad but true.

this happened back when MYCHILDMANIA only extended to rapey neighbors, fwiw

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Quote this if u miss The Before Time

cr05580n35
Mar 24, 2015
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. At my kids school they are not even allowed to eat peanut butter for breakfast before class. It's super annoying but I guess people are like dying so whatever. I don't know if the kids have changed or the food has changed but something is hosed here.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

After he had the story all sketched out, he realized it was too much for one movie. So, he broke it down, and it ended up to be 9 movies. Back in those days you could not be sure all the movies would get made. If the first one failed the rest would not get made. He then decided that the middle part made for the most exciting story. He was able to get the first movie made. The rest is history. The final trilogy will probably never be made.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we followed the safest advice of not exposing our children to anything with nuts until they were 5 years old and they all turned out to be allergic to nuts
at least the pollen index is acceptable in winter but thats when their immune systems are weakest

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Lucas and company made. Lucas decided to get to work on Star Wars.

As for Solo to die but not discouraged Lucas start in Hollywood so he story to attack his Star Wars story that the script and came back to the one of Luke and realized things stand again in ep VI was now bears ago was more to know just start in the scripts for ep VI. Lucas continued to make good reason for them that there was to changed thinking Leia the rise of them that he had a definite ended up seeing on the movie Star Wars Saga

Sorry for the long winded rant ... I tend to ramble a little after 3:00AM ... lol ...

May The Force Be With You

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cr05580n35 posted:

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. At my kids school they are not even allowed to eat peanut butter for breakfast before class. It's super annoying but I guess people are like dying so whatever. I don't know if the kids have changed or the food has changed but something is hosed here.

Wait, like, they say you can't eat peanut butter at home before coming to school? How is something like that even enforced and what makes them think they have the authority/jurisdiction to even implement such a rule?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I've known quite a few people who are allergic but have no visible symptoms and only have a reaction when they know they ingested peanuts. I also know a girl who has almost suffocated from ingesting peanut oil.

I don't think not being able to bring peanut butter is that big of a deal since there's several nut butters)that taste the same.

Moridin920 posted:

Wait, like, they say you can't eat peanut butter at home before coming to school? How is something like that even enforced and what makes them think they have the authority/jurisdiction to even implement such a rule?

I would bring my breakfast and eat it in the cafeteria before my first class. I bet that's what he meant. My son can bring peanut butter to school but his teacher has to be informed and he has to sit one seat away from anyone with an allergy.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 24, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Brother was always allergic to nuts, but back when we were kids it was just 'don't eat nuts and check the ingredients on everything'.
There was none of the bullshit listed here going on.

Also he nearly died when he went to a country fair, asked a dessert seller if this had nuts at least 5 times.
Even told the guy one nut and hes dead, and the seller swore up and down it was nut free.
loving thing was called Almond Swirl or some poo poo, lucky the hospital was 5 mins away.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Stop reversing darwinism you PC fucks! :argh:

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

happyhippy posted:

loving thing was called Almond Swirl or some poo poo, lucky the hospital was 5 mins away.

well then hes pretty loving dumb. not like him choking for 10 minutes will kill any brain cells

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if I'd get charged with something if I went to an elementary school with a duffel bag full of peanut butter sandwiches and started throwing them like frisbees

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if I'd get charged with something if I went to an elementary school with a duffel bag full of peanut butter sandwiches and started throwing them like frisbees

reckless endangerment

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

ask the kids if they'd like to taste your nuts first

e: they're nice and salty

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
it may be a side effect of modern medicine where every child that wouldn't make it to age 5 before now thrive

the meek shall inherit the earth indeed

Aug 4, 2010

the following is a TRUE STORY and it may shock you:

I was on a plane this year, and some whiny oval office in front of me said to the air hostess that she had a peanut allergies, next thing i hear is an annocement that due to this ONE person none of us were allowed peanuts during the flight. was not impressed

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
guys i need you all to know that im gluten intolerant

i can't

i can't eat that i'm sorry

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

www posted:

I was on a plane this year, and some whiny oval office in front of me said to the air hostess that she had a peanut allergies, next thing i hear is an annocement that due to this ONE person none of us were allowed peanuts during the flight. was not impressed

Whiny oval office has one weird trick to force' food choices on people - other passengers hate her.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Teachers around my high school have "This classroom is peanut free" signs posted outside their doors. I have sort of a peanut safe haven if you will. You want to eat a peanut butter sandwich and mill some aluminum or eat Reese cups and build a water rocket? Sure thing!

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Hobo Siege posted:

guys i need you all to know that im gluten intolerant

i can't

i can't eat that i'm sorry

Have it anyway

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I get kids having peanut allergies but at the same time the whole 'don't eat peanuts at home, don't touch peanuts, this is a peanut free zone' makes the anti-authoritarian side of me twitch and if I were a kid I'd bring peanuts in and hide them in various locations around the room just to be contrary

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol #gaydogs

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

happyhippy posted:

Brother was always allergic to nuts, but back when we were kids it was just 'don't eat nuts and check the ingredients on everything'.
There was none of the bullshit listed here going on.

Also he nearly died when he went to a country fair, asked a dessert seller if this had nuts at least 5 times.
Even told the guy one nut and hes dead, and the seller swore up and down it was nut free.

Almonds aren't nuts so he wasn't lying

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

the empire is getting decadent and corrupt, OP

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Slap them in the face with it. My friend is a teacher and one day when the kids got lunches, she said they all just started slapping each other in the face with the sandwiches.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

do ur kids even like peanut butter has anyone asked
do ur kids give a gently caress????

i mean i love freedom as much as the next ron paul-wall, but you don't have to go in and eat the lunch.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

cr05580n35 posted:

How the gently caress does that even work? Are they afraid that some kids might eat peanut butter and then later burp near them and kill them? So what happens to these people if they were outside and a stray snickers wrapper starts to blow towards them, is it like a apocalypse level event?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

flavor posted:

I will never understand this poo poo. Kids can't eat peanuts. They're autistic. What the gently caress. Our mothers smoke and drank and hosed like whores while we were inutero and we came out fine. What is going on?

TBH, there were a lot of "miscarriages".

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

www posted:

In all likelihood she had no idea that was going to happen and was asking for an alternate snack. It probably humiliated her.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

flavor posted:

It's become absurd. every other kid has ADD or ADHD and is on Ritalin. every third kid has a peanut allergy. i never knew one kid with any sort of allergy growing up, and now kids are allergic to everything. parents don't make time for their kids and don't pay attention to them, so the kids act out and get pathologized.

it's actually the fault of the medical establishment that peanut allergy rates have risen to nearly ten percent in the US

the recommendation to parents was not to serve peanuts to children until a few years of age, turns out the earlier the exposure the better the chance they don't develop an allergy

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/02/23/388450621/feeding-babies-foods-with-peanuts-appears-to-prevent-allergies

"What we found was a very great reduction in the rate of peanut allergy," Lack says. About 17 percent of the kids who avoided peanuts developed peanut allergies, compared with only 3.2 percent of the kids who ate peanuts, the researchers reported.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

There is a movement starting up that says peanut bans are bullshit because if you kid has the allergy they need to learn how to avoid it not live in a bubble until they go off to college and keel over the first time they pick their own food. They also state the best safety tool is training the staff what a reaction looks like and having epipens on hand.

I chalk the whole thing up to chernobyl

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

If you cant eat peanuts, you dont deserve to live. Why? Because peanuts are that tasty.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

donkey salami posted:

Is this a white kid thing?

nah there's a shitload of people from india & south america at my local elementary with peanut allergies. they've had them banned for at least 5-10 years now. for whatever reason there's just a lot more kids allergic to peanuts these days. weird, because it was about as common as being left handed or having a botched circumcision when i was growing up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A little peanut, now and then, makes for pleasant dreams
a lot of peanut in the end makes for a pleasant death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
chemtrails, fluoride, antibiotics, antibiotics in meat, pesticides, urethral sounding rods, cold war eugenics, hospital birth conspiracy, infant paleo diet

• Locked thread