Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/ordering-your-steak-well-done-can-impact-your-brain-health

You're killing yourself slightly faster if you like well done steak. Discuss the pros and cons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

there is no pro for well done steak. unless you're a good who wants it well done and slathered in ketchup.

5-HT fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 25, 2015

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

bradzilla posted:

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/ordering-your-steak-well-done-can-impact-your-brain-health

You're killing yourself slightly faster if you like well done steak. Discuss the pros and cons.

I eat extremely expensive Kobe beef filets charred to a crisp and then smothered in a combination of A1 and Heinz 57. If you don't, well gently caress off.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
lol you read vice

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
good going, steak

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed. good job

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
correlation between ordering well-done steak and stupidity
tell me more

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

les fleurs du mall posted:

good going, steak

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

agreed. good job

I'm impressed, never knew you had it in you, steak.

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

I think there's something wrong with your brain to begin with if you prefer your steak well done.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
if you're requesting steak well-done, your brain is already fried. it is too late. rip. no one will be at your funeral because no one ever respected you.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
that isnt even a picture of well done steak

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

diabeetz posted:

if you're requesting steak well-done, your brain is already fried. it is too late. rip. no one will be at your funeral because no one ever respected you.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
I get steak Well Done, and take pains to say "Really well done, I mean it, I don't want to see any pink".

Because I'm not an animal who eats raw meat :shrug:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

tumblr.txt posted:

I get steak Well Done, and take pains to say "Really well done, I mean it, I don't want to see any pink".

woa you must love the taste of chef saliva

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

lol if you dont eat raw flesh

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
don't get me wrong I am always very polite to people who bring me food, I omitted the pleasantries for brevity.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LegoPirateNinja posted:

that isnt even a picture of well done steak

it's a picture of how you should cook your steak

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

tumblr.txt posted:

what sort of animal eats food only after it's been completely destroyed and all of the precious nutrients and chi essences have been burned away?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

bradzilla posted:

You're killing yourself slightly faster if you like well done steak.

Good. Less of them around to ruin good meat.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
Well-done steaks taste better anyway, particularly when you drown it in mushroom sauce anyway like I do.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Same old war, new ammunition.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
greetings, I am the op, of this thread. I still read vice in 2015 and show the articles to other people. I think other people would like to read the articles as well.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tumblr.txt posted:

Well-done steaks taste better anyway, particularly when you drown it in mushroom sauce anyway like I do.

I too like my meat to be a dried husk devoid of flavor

you should try some ketchup on that

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
One of man's first, and most important discoveries was fire. Using fire to cook food was a major step forward for humanity. In honor of this important evolutionary leap, I always get my steaks well done. Getting a steak less than well done is a tacit agreement with creationism.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My grandfather missed my aunt's wedding rehersal because he went to an expensive restaurant and ordered steak, but he kept sending it back asking the chef to cook it more, refusing to eat anything until it was cooked the way he wanted it, until the chef sent the waiter out to tell him he wouldn't cook it anymore and while the waiter was telling my grandfather that the chef came out and yelled at him, which resulted in an arguement.

Haha

Aug 4, 2010

im still gonna get well done, burn all the taste out of it my good chef

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
asking a chef to cook a steak well done is like asking mozart to play bah bah black sheep

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I like my steak right on the cusp of 'now it's just raw'.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Is crispy bacon OK, OP?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

good job, steak

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
steak is buying drinks for the boys

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

Is crispy bacon OK, OP?

is there any other way to eat bacon? don't tell me you like it wet and floppy

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
lol why should a restaurant give a customer what they want? thats like asking [famous person] to [do something]!

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
i just want to eat carpaccio until i puke

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
didn't click but is their food poo poo really called "munchies.vice.com" lol

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

unironically restauraunts should not make doneness of steak an option and leave it medium rare for everyone

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

thathonkey posted:

didn't click but is their food poo poo really called "munchies.vice.com" lol
vice jumped the shark about a year ago its sad really

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

bradzilla posted:

is there any other way to eat bacon? don't tell me you like it wet and floppy

I like my bacon like I likes my dicks, thick cut and barely firm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU