Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Let's force GBS into the headlines by donating an absurd amount of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

dog buttz posted:

Let's force GBS into the headlines by donating an absurd amount of money.

that would b way better than being in the headlines for inspiring teen on teen murders lmbo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

les fleurs du mall posted:

that would b way better than being in the headlines for inspiring teen on teen murders lmbo

they'd probably bring both up

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

dog buttz posted:

they'd probably bring both up

yea still better

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

yea still better

I agree

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
got a few other artist pals who were interested in helping out, we're gonna try for a little auction at either a local café or a local record store (owners of both are interested, if we can get enough artists/donations maybe we can do events at both places) and we all agreed that the money will go to médecins sans frontières because they seem like great dudes

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i still am unsure if this is a sarcastic thread to point out how hosed up everyone is or if you were serious with your encouragement to help and simply tempered it in dumb gbs stuff to make it more palatable for the aforementioned hosed up people (both are admirable) but i'd like to thank you anyway because it is cool to help people

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Doobies Dogs ruined gbs charity, gl in your quest

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Mercy Corps (http://www.mercycorps.org/) is another good organization, they've done a lot of disaster work. 83% of contributions go to their relief work. Can we get them added to the OP?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I sent some money to Doctors without Borders. It's good to help people.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Gatekeeper posted:

got a few other artist pals who were interested in helping out, we're gonna try for a little auction at either a local café or a local record store (owners of both are interested, if we can get enough artists/donations maybe we can do events at both places) and we all agreed that the money will go to médecins sans frontières because they seem like great dudes

That's really cool please post some photos of the stuff being auctioned?

Gatekeeper posted:

i still am unsure if this is a sarcastic thread to point out how hosed up everyone is or if you were serious with your encouragement to help and simply tempered it in dumb gbs stuff to make it more palatable for the aforementioned hosed up people (both are admirable) but i'd like to thank you anyway because it is cool to help people

its an honest to god serious thread, i don't think i've talked about being hungry to suck a dick once yet in it so far

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gatekeeper posted:

People in GBS donated to every single international disaster without prompting every single time. Encroaching the donation thread in some sort of moronic deconstruction of gbs ethos is just par for the course for the tryhard OP.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Hobohemian posted:

People in GBS donated to every single international disaster without prompting every single time. Encroaching the donation thread in some sort of moronic deconstruction of gbs ethos is just par for the course for the tryhard OP.

gj for donating then if you did

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

That's really cool please post some photos of the stuff being auctioned?

definitely, some of my pals are really talented so there is sure to be some cool stuff. some musicians have expressed interest too, and a pal who co-owns a cool neighborhood club with an attached café said he would love to have us use the place, meaning we could do a little benefit show and charity auction if we wanted. might turn out to be a cool little thing :)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Gatekeeper posted:

definitely, some of my pals are really talented so there is sure to be some cool stuff. some musicians have expressed interest too, and a pal who co-owns a cool neighborhood club with an attached café said he would love to have us use the place, meaning we could do a little benefit show and charity auction if we wanted. might turn out to be a cool little thing :)

this loving rules

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

this loving rules

he's fakepoistng. haha owned bitch.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

coldplay chiptunes posted:

he's fakepoistng. haha owned bitch.

thx got any more?

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I asked people to donate on Facebook. That's the best I can do for now, sadly. I'm kind of broke at the moment, but I'll see if I can scrounge up 5 or 10 bucks to send over.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Scratch-O posted:

I asked people to donate on Facebook. That's the best I can do for now, sadly. I'm kind of broke at the moment, but I'll see if I can scrounge up 5 or 10 bucks to send over.

old school moomin av havers are always good

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Yes Op, GBS could
Do something nice for people in the Nepal

But it won't

Let other sjws shine

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Last time we did a fundraiser it didn't turn out to well... the past couple times actually.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

Mercy Corps (http://www.mercycorps.org/) is another good organization, they've done a lot of disaster work. 83% of contributions go to their relief work. Can we get them added to the OP?

yeah mercy corps is good. good call

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
oh didn't see that one, yea adding

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

I sent some money to Doctors without Borders. It's good to help people.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

isnt nepal communist? im gonna assume they are and say gently caress them

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is there like a group-donation link so it says "goons have given $420" or whatever

also how can i donate and make sure none of my money goes to rescue rich white people on K2/everest

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

PleasureKevin posted:

is there like a group-donation link so it says "goons have given $420" or whatever

also how can i donate and make sure none of my money goes to rescue rich white people on K2/everest

i dunno how to do that but if someone can do it gimme the link i'll put it in the OP for sure

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Confirming médecins sans frontières/doctors without borders is a great charity choice in terms of using funds fairly and where aid is needed most. My family donates per paycheck and we're doing an additional donation for Nepal.

Thanks for this thread OP. I'm grateful for your empathy in a place where there's precious little.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Confirming médecins sans frontières/doctors without borders is a great charity choice in terms of using funds fairly and where aid is needed most. My family donates per paycheck and we're doing an additional donation for Nepal.

Thanks for this thread OP. I'm grateful for your empathy in a place where there's precious little.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
GBS owns....the goonmunity rises to the occasion once again :dukedog:

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I donated. Let's help each other, it's cool

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Stoic Commie posted:

because caring about things in a place thousands of miles away instead of the suffering next door is loving retarded, and ignorant. especially when that money probably won't even make it all the way to the place with the hip name on the other side of the world you're trying to send it to. the less we help ourselves the less we can help anyone else

Yeah I only want to donate to international disaster relief purely because of how cool I will appear :downs:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
MSF already has some teams on the ground in Nepal. Plus 87% of your money goes to actual programs and services instead of fundraising and administration. They got my money. Helping is nice.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

vortmax posted:

MSF already has some teams on the ground in Nepal. Plus 87% of your money goes to actual programs and services instead of fundraising and administration. They got my money. Helping is nice.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Those people got owned by nature lol

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Nooner posted:

Those people got owned by nature lol
your next bitch.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

TheMostFrench posted:

Yeah I only want to donate to international disaster relief purely because of how cool I will appear :downs:

why then

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

coldplay chiptunes posted:

your next bitch.

:ohdear:

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

I did a good thing. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I did a good thing. :unsmith:
I spent $50 buying a lovely avatar for a bunch of QCS goons. Owned.

• Locked thread