Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here to balance out the awfulness that is jakep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

what he means is I will post enough for the both of us and he wont

yes, that is what I meant

that your posts are awful

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

God bless jakep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

We were doing a production of 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee!

You have done that before!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

Who is crying? I will comfort you.

It's me, I'm crying

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I came to see if this game got serious yet. But it hasn't.

I applaud Quid for trying though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't understand what you people are doing...

I just was travelling for the last few days, it is hard to post while driving and/or being on a plane.

And I will always buddy up to Quid, we are buddies. We started mafiaing at the same time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

razorrozar posted:

##unvote fair enough.

I haven't really got a read on anyone yet. I feel like Quid is probably town but it's pure gut feeling, no evidence either way.

It's pretty tough to get any reads since we really just came out of jokephase here. JakeP probably voted in earnest I feel ok about him. Gulag is unreadable as usual. Imgay probably looks the worst out of the people voting me (it would have been you, but you unvoted).

Other than people voting me... everything seems to be a joke.

##vote Rurea those jokes seem the least natural and I am never a fan of people declaring themselves "not scum" when there isn't a case on them, even in joke phase. Feels self-conscious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I won't vote for my best buddy Hal.

I will not vote for Asiina either.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

Because Asiina is your scum buddy?

##vote imgay upon reflection a much worse poster than rurea

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Razor does not seem like scum. Someone said he was flailing but it doesn't feel like flailing at all to me. Yes, he's changed his vote around a lot but it seems like he does so after considering responses. His only flaw is being too quick to be influenced by other people's cases and I think he's new so that makes sense.

FV I'm more neutral on but I would vote to avoid a NL.

imgay seems super scummy to me, all I see are sniping posts and just bullshit cases that have no actual content. We should all be voting imgay today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

FV made a really awkward vote on imgay

It was only awkward because it was made by reading out of context, but who among us hasn't clicked the "?" and made a case from some post that looked bad out of context regardless of alignment? I think the way fv responded to the case against her wasn't all that scummy. Just isn't a lot to go on there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

Could see FV imgay scumteam, it would explain the awkward fv vote on imgay

Hrm maybe

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote FV it is then

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

Thats right, but I'm town.

Why JakeP?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kleedrac posted:

Translation: Kleedrac is trying to scumhunt and is admitting he's not wrong - classic vote-for-not-me.

Yeah that was a really weak case. Not liking that post at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

razorrozar posted:

I don't know what to make of imgay's claim at all.

Yeah I dunno. I haven't liked imgay at all and if not for the claim that is where my vote would be.

It would be very weird to claim the kill as scum on D1 unless you were were real sure you had been seen somehow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

What reason would scum imgay have to announce that he did the kill?

On the off chance that there is a tracker who saw him? Well that would most certainly draw a tracker to him N2 to make sure he doesn't move again. He can't pull the same thing twice.

Also he's risking getting counterclaimed by a real vig. It'd be such a crazy risky move for scum with no real payoff beyond this day.

Yeah that is pretty much what is holding me back. Outside of that claim he looks really bad though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

What makes me look bad outside of my claim?

Mostly the way you never offer any real reads and instead just post snarky poo poo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Stop being such a loving quidnose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

razorrozar posted:

Leaving aside his case against you for the moment, Quid seems pretty town to me, he's posted reads of everyone and seems reasonably suspicious of everyone. It could be a scum deflection ploy but it's convincing to me. I also feel pretty good about Jedit for similar reasons.

Gulag is unreadable and an ok lynch for lack of meaningful contributions. Rurea and Asiina are probably going to get modkilled for not posting so they're irrelevant atm. Hal, Mithross and Opo are iffy but they've at least been here and I'm giving them the botd for now, there's no real case for them but no real case against them either. imgay's claim makes him too risky a lynch for the time being.

I am happy quidnose posted a whole bushel of content but I disagree that posting reads of everyone and being suspicious of half the game is particularly townie. It's not all that hard to run down the player list and then find something to say about them, and if anything it's the opposite of constructive. To be honest I haven't even read all of it yet, but the bits I saw aren't very compelling, they look like a series of surface reads.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mithross posted:

For example.

Yeah well he does that a lot. Makes him very hard to read.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen is considered a shitposter who never says anything? This is news to me!

I fell asleep for a bit there, but now I am all caught up.

Quidnose posted:

Hal coming in to dismiss my points that he then states he hasn't read is shady and lazy.

That is a bit of a misrepresentation. I said that posting a million posts that just summarize thoughts on every player isn't necessarily town as Razor claimed. I also said that the parts I HAD read I did not particularly like but admitted I should read them closer. Which I have, and it did not change my opinion on them. Your reads so far are kind of empty and I found your back-and-forth with Kleedrac a bit forced.

However, you aren't nearly as bad as Opop after a reread. It's not his laziness, which as I said is typical, but normally I expect him to "go along" with cases that are at least well developed. His "looks good to me" vote on Kleedrac is really bad because I can't see how he was reading the ongoing conversation between Kleedrac and Quidnose and come to that conclusion. It looks like he isn't even reading the thread and just saw the mood and hopped on. ##vote Opop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh hi everyone who agrees

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know we aren't voting imgay today, but

imgay posted:

I thought jake was acting too towny to be town. I didn't like fv but i don't remember why.

come ON, this guy continues to make no sense, and I have seen better play from imgay in the past. I continue to be pinged hard and I'm not all that satisfied about the vig claim to just dismiss my gut.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Wow, way to "me too" Hal.

Listen I thought of it first, I am just slow at typing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow there are a lot of people voting for Gulag seemingly based entirely on "I don't like his posting style"

You people need to get a broader sense of humor or at least give a decent reason why you think he's scum and not just annoying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I don't like this. It says a whole lot of absolutely nothing while appearing to be kicking off the game. The buddying up to Razor for unvoting Hal is super loving weird because there's no way that that looks town to me - it looks like Razor is all over the goddamned place. Why Hal dismisses Razor as town for this action is beyond me.

Why is Gulag even mentioned here? Did Gulag vote for Hal? This post is weird.

Also, going backwards a bit here... yes, Razor looked townie because, as I said, he was jumping all over the place, but the way he was doing so it was kind of obvious that he was constantly re-analyzing based on new content and not just jumping on bandwagons. He was making his own points and then reconsidering them in a very natural way.

And YES, Gulag WAS voting me which is why he was in a list of reads on people who had voted me after jakep had made the original case on me. It's stuff like that that makes me feel like your page of reads on everyone was just surface stuff and not actual in-depth analysis like you are making it out to be.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

He's a stupid bitch

No doubt, but does that make him scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

##unvote Hal I'm not even clear on what you're accusing me of

Bandwagon voting without reading

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

This is a really hard game for me to read. So many people are low content posters.

I will try and follow your lead and really offer some constructive and well thought out opinions.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have something important to say about these votes on gulag

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have something important to say about these votes on gulag

hang on it's coming

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

hang on it's coming

almost there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok here goes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:nexus:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

we've been examining razor's play for multiple days. he's town outside of the investigation. kleedrac being scum would mean that somehow he knew there was no cop in the game.

there's absolutely notjhing about his claim that is more likely town. that's not how probability works.

I mean there could be a godfather or whatever but yeah his play has been totally town

We should all ##vote imgay

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Razor could easily be a godfather, so examining his play is totally valid. There's also always the possibility that Kleedrac is lying. You're taking it at fave value that all of this is true and Razor is town without looking at and considering play.

Meanwhile, Imgay's content is crap, but his play action of outing his kill immediately is more likely a town action than a scum action. You're ignoring this and pushing him is a viable vote option, when it would be weird as poo poo to have done that.

Henceforth, you're being scummy.

imgay/quidnose scumteam

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

So I realized that scum probably also killed jakep that night, so I think gulags and hals reactions are super scummy for that.

Please elaborate please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was a good post Gulag.

I still think we should vote imgay and definitely not vote the confirmed masons.

Also Quid this is the best game!

• Locked thread