Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
chili con carne (hereafter called 'chili') is powdered chili peppers, meat, and beans. unless you want terrible chili, you add other things like a sauce, spices, vegetables or maybe rice. if you take out the beans, you have created a stew. it's okay to make and enjoy stew, but it's not chili.

i found this image on wikipedia described as 'texas-style chili without beans.'

this is beef stew, why texas should succeed from the union and why you never trust wikipedia. discuss chili and beverages consumed with chili. a good brew like stone brewery co. ipa, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Agreed OP. The gently caress is this poo poo?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Chili with beans is also a stew.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Agreed OP. The gently caress is this poo poo?

i think no matter what side you stand on, canned stew or chili is disgusting :barf:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

notZaar posted:

Chili with beans is also a stew.

there's no need to type beans, because chili can't exist without them. the beans are part of chili. technically all chili's are stews but chili without beans is only a sad stew, not chili.

i hope i've clarified this properly.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

chili con carne (hereafter called 'chili') is powdered chili peppers, meat, and beans. unless you want terrible chili, you add other things like a sauce, spices, vegetables or maybe rice. if you take out the beans, you have created a stew. it's okay to make and enjoy stew, but it's not chili.

i found this image on wikipedia described as 'texas-style chili without beans.'

this is beef stew, why texas should succeed from the union and why you never trust wikipedia. discuss chili and beverages consumed with chili. a good brew like stone brewery co. ipa, for example.

gently caress off. Chili with beans is just faux chili for poor people. Beans loving suck, leave them out of my delicious chili. Kill yourself. Die. Motherfucker. I am so goddamn mad right now. loving pro-bean propaganda. Take that poo poo to fark.com

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What's the difference between a stew and a soup?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

What's the difference between a stew and a soup?
consistency.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

:ullerrm: (pretend it's an image of chili in the yellow box)

hemophilia posted:

gently caress off. Chili with beans is just faux chili for poor people. Beans loving suck, leave them out of my delicious chili. Kill yourself. Die. Motherfucker. I am so goddamn mad right now. loving pro-bean propaganda. Take that poo poo to fark.com

actually you'll find that all stews were invented by poors as a dish that makes use of otherwise rotting meat. chili is a superior subset of this idea that includes beans and chili peppers.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

:ullerrm: (pretend it's an image of chili in the yellow box)

actually you'll find that all stews were invented by poors as a dish that makes use of otherwise rotting meat. chili is a superior subset of this idea that includes beans and chili peppers.

die

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Non-verde chilis are hardly chili at all.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
You got yourself a stew!

lmbo arrested development reference i bet you haven't seen that show (BUT I HAVE)

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

hemophilia posted:

literally lmao at how stupid you are

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Non-verde chilis are hardly chili at all.

:agreed: but let's focus on crossing one bridge at a time, friend

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so does anyone without autism care what a food is called? oh no, the rest of the world doesnt adhere to what i grew up with, time to have a panic attack and post a thread about it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

so does anyone without autism care what a food is called? oh no, the rest of the world doesnt adhere to what i grew up with, time to have a panic attack and post a thread about it.

lmbo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pop or soda?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

beans are really good so i like to add them to things

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Soda pop.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

beans are really good so i like to add them to things

Saem.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

hmmm, pretty divisive topic. i recommend you post a thread to state your side of the issue.

it's all coke

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Lets just say you're ... Aut-numbered , friend .

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

always answer coke, even if you arent from the south. it aggravates the idiots who think there is a definitive answer.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I don't give a gently caress I just want to eat.

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
i agree OP its important to make distinctions

lets save "sandwiches" for another day though

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love beans.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
my cheeks are full of chili

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Smellbound posted:

i agree OP its important to make distinctions

lets save "sandwiches" for another day though

that day could be today though! posting is a god given right, just like making chili properly :justpost:

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Making chili tonight. Beans are one of the ingredients and it will be delicious as gently caress like always.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nefarious posted:

my cheeks are full of chili

my cheeks are full of dick

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

drunkb posted:

Making chili tonight. Beans are one of the ingredients and it will be delicious as gently caress like always.

:yum::hf::yum:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

I said come in! posted:

my cheeks are full of dick

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Blazing Zero posted:

that day could be today though! posting is a god given right, just like making chili properly :justpost:
let me give you the short of it

if you tell 100 people to get a sandwich and someone comes back with a taco they are fired

words are only useful in their utility

on second though i kinda have to flip flop and say that texas style chili is still chili

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
mmm mmm wish i had chili with beans right now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Smellbound posted:

let me give you the short of it

if you tell 100 people to get a sandwich and someone comes back with a taco they are fired

words are only useful in their utility

on second though i kinda have to flip flop and say that texas style chili is still chili

actually, you should promote that go-getter. after 99 sandwiches a taco would be nice for a change of pace.

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

actually, you should promote that go-getter. after 99 sandwiches a taco would be nice for a change of pace.
if someone came back with a taco and that excuse he or she would be promoted for their quick thinking

still doesnt make a taco a sandwich though but i do appreciate the comment

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Smellbound posted:

if someone came back with a taco and that excuse he or she would be promoted for their quick thinking

still doesnt make a taco a sandwich though but i do appreciate the comment

if i asked an employee to get me a bowl of chili and he came back with stew, he got me a food item with less ingredients. it's just... not chili and i was counting on those beans.

seems like an unreliable hire in my mind.

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

yah waiter just bring me some food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Blazing Zero posted:

if i asked an employee to get me a bowl of chili and he came back with stew, he got me a food item with less ingredients. it's just... not chili and i was counting on those beans.

seems like an unreliable hire in my mind.
again i agree that a texas style chili without beans not as good but i have to say if its primary goal is to have chili peppers and something else its still a chili

• Locked thread