Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
settling in to watch THE trilogy, extended version, will be updating as the marathon continues

If you wanna join, im starting in 20 minutes after this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
please livepost the exact moment you realize this was a mistake

pig slut lisa

irl is good

tao of lmao

i'm totally in let me just cue up the first movie and then let-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

saboten

thank u bacalou

Ace of Baes
yall dont understand

----------------

Ace of Baes
Fellowship started

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

bog pixie

let me know when the dumbass hobbits fall in the lava and die

saboten

bog pixie posted:

let me know when the dumbass hobbits fall in the lava and die

lol

thank u bacalou

joke_explainer

its super unrealistic anyway. heat rises. the air temp just like 100 feet above a pit of lava would be like, 2000 degrees celsius minimum. the infrared radiation alone would burn you. they would basically be unable to approach the opening into the caldera. apparently mt doom gets even hotter than it is possible to heat things anyway, or they could have just built a specialized smelter to replicate temperatures of mt doom, so its even more hosed up imo

ron color
its a magic mountain.....greg you didnt text me back......now youre watchin movies......dam

verily carefree

joke_explainer posted:

its super unrealistic anyway. heat rises. the air temp just like 100 feet above a pit of lava would be like, 2000 degrees celsius minimum. the infrared radiation alone would burn you. they would basically be unable to approach the opening into the caldera. apparently mt doom gets even hotter than it is possible to heat things anyway, or they could have just built a specialized smelter to replicate temperatures of mt doom, so its even more hosed up imo

also theres no such thing as hobbits

ron color
stoof up by greg.....poo poo man

joke_explainer

it ok posted:

also theres no such thing as hobbits

actually there are, but they didn't really look anything like the movie hobbits. they were probably pretty much like cave men:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

but again, the movie fails us as they went extinct at least 12,000 years ago. :confused:

other problems:

birds can't get that feasibly big due to the constraints of biology and the concentration of oxygen in our air today

'mordor' 'baradur' and 'rivendale' seem to be completely made up places

Gandalf is a 'wizard', but magic isn't real

verily carefree

joke_explainer posted:

actually there are, but they didn't really look anything like the movie hobbits. they were probably pretty much like cave men:

but again, the movie fails us as they went extinct at least 12,000 years ago. :confused:

other problems:

birds can't get that feasibly big due to the constraints of biology and the concentration of oxygen in our air today

thanks joke_disprover

Ace of Baes

ron color posted:

its a magic mountain.....greg you didnt text me back......now youre watchin movies......dam

sorry my old phone is off. ..

----------------

Salmiakki

the only part of the movei i like is when the woman goes i am no man and the knight no face man collapses in on himself

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

lol

the unabonger

joke_explainer posted:

other problems:

uhhh, magic is definitel real. how else do you think they get the tiny people to work in the tv?

Ace of Baes

suicide bi cop posted:

sorry my old phone is off. ..

its back on

----------------

Swizzbutt

loving love LOTR

Ace of Baes
the aragorn elvish chick side plot is the worst

----------------

Bwee

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
everyone who thinks this is a gr8 idea never actually completes it

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

how many friends did you corral to this thing? I think our record was 5....2 by the end.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill posted:

how many friends did you corral to this thing? I think our record was 5....2 by the end.

I was one of the 3 who left to play some board games instead.

i am he

ron color posted:

stoof up by greg.....poo poo man

pogi

Salmiakki posted:

the only part of the movei i like is when the woman goes i am no man and the knight no face man collapses in on himself

Yeah that was badass

Ace of Baes

Chill la Chill posted:

me my wife and my wifes cat...her and the cat fell asleep already...were still on fellowship..ron...text me

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

Also, lava its usually to dense to really sink into

GEExCEE

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

suicide bi cop posted:

me my wife and my wifes cat...her and the cat fell asleep already...were still on fellowship..ron...text me

nice. last time we did it we made chili and gumbo and had it slow cooking while we watched. it's funny to do an activity that takes longer than cooking gumbo

bwatts

there are a lot of people hating on parts of lord of the rings, which is loving stupid, because its perfect

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

vice.com op-ed posted:

there are a lot of people hating on parts of lord of the rings, which is loving stupid, because its perfect

they still haven't made a tom bombadil short movie :|

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was ok with lord of the rings until I saw the Hobbit and now I hate all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
The hobbit book was made for children and it comes out in the movie.

----------------

• Locked thread