Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I wish there were more cats in the Mojave Wastes...

Even if they were 7 feet tall and full of rage.

I think Bethesda should add more cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pretty sure Bethesda is going to announce Fallout 4 at E3.

I hope they at least played many hours of Obsidians work and took lessons from it.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

:lol:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Universe Master posted:

I hope they at least played many hours of Obsidians work and took lessons from it.

Fallout 4: Hollywood Radroach Patrol

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Universe Master posted:

:laffo:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

lol at both of those statements

psyopmonkey posted:

I wish there were more cats in the Mojave Wastes...

I'm sure you can mod in khajiit somehow

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hosed the annoying rear end mage in Dragon Age 2 and he ended up being evil and the game seemed like it was setting up to some showdown with my ex lover but then it just ended cause i guess they ran out of money to make more game or something

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I never liked the way that New Vegas dealt with people who did lots of side quests before finishing the game. "poo poo this guy is level 99 and can kill 3 roving bands of Caesar's men without breaking a sweat. . . let's make this deathclaw require 1200 rounds of ammo from the sniper rifle to kill". Meanwhile I can slaughter everyone on Hoover drat without even needing to take a stimpack.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

wasn't there some goon who got really mad in the vegas thread or some thread when he found out it made you gay

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
in unpatched new vegas taking confirmed bachelor got you free repairs from an npc. cool stuff

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Blistex posted:

I never liked the way that New Vegas dealt with people who did lots of side quests before finishing the game. "poo poo this guy is level 99 and can kill 3 roving bands of Caesar's men without breaking a sweat. . . let's make this deathclaw require 1200 rounds of ammo from the sniper rifle to kill". Meanwhile I can slaughter everyone on Hoover drat without even needing to take a stimpack.

That kind of stuff is why I can never finish these types of games. I remember playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion and I did all the thieves guild poo poo first because I like to steal stuff, but when I tried the main quest line after it was all but impossible.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

nevermind i found it http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358074&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=210#post383908590

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 26, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Taking Logan's Loophole makes you immune to addiction and doubles the duration of all chems, but sets your level cap at 30.

The secret is that having a level cap that low is a good thing and keeps you from having to deal with stupid late-game health pools

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Bye Johnny :smith:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Blistex posted:

New Vegas had DT. You need a big gun to break through a deathclaws.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Killing deathclaws is really stupid and the only reason I hoard explosive 50 cal rounds.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
boring game. games are boring. grow up ppl

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

New Vegas was the best game when are they going to remake new veygass with next gen consoles

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Commie NedFlanders posted:

New Vegas was the best game when are they going to remake new veygass with next gen consoles

con...sole

oh dear...

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Universe Master posted:

They made Skyrim. That entire game was testament to the fact that they never played new vegas.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ilustforponydeath posted:

They made Skyrim. That entire game was testament to the fact that they never played new vegas.

They started on Skyrim waaaaaaaaay before NV was released.

naem
May 29, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

new vegas sucked it was the fallout 2 disney land attraction poo poo with a cowboy town a ninja town a frank sinatra town blah blah it was all tedious and unfunny

fallout 3 was an actual wasteland and people complained it was too empty, what the gently caress do you expect a wasteland to be

Fallout 3 was better

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I never worried about ammo because I maxed out the energy weapons skill and used the regenerating ammo lasers like 90% of the time.

The only complaint I had about New Vegas were the missions you could end up being shut out of if you did things in the wrong order. I don't like to use walkthroughs the first time I play a game, and there was a mission that is only available if you get the sniper guy as an NPC and then finish certain missions with him as your sidekick. I put in enough hours past that it wasn't much of an option to reload an old save point to salvage it.

Maybe I'll replay the game at some point, but it is so huge and long that I haven't really felt the compulsion to do so.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Top tip. Start dead money with high unarmed skill, light step and rawr's hand in your inventory (it's a quest item so you won't lose it on entry). Find a workbench to assemble that fucker and you become the loving angel of death. It makes a genuine challenge on first playthrough into an adorable walk in the park.

I love new vegas and all it's dlc.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
how do you ever get that powder gang or whatever to like you they just start shooting the poo poo out of me right away. I didn't even know they could be anything but enemeies

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Only played Dead Money once.

Old World Blues is loving amazing, though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

new vegas is an incredible game that everyone should play at least once, probably more than once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also there's a loving games forum for a loving reason you loving dumb loving fucker learn how to loving use a loving webforum in 2015.

gently caress.:fuckthis:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Also there's a loving games forum for a loving reason you loving dumb loving fucker learn how to loving use a loving webforum in 2015.

i don't want to post there

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

this guy sounds like an always sunny character. "Just looking for a fit bro to talk about cool man stuff. Gotta have muscles. Not gay btw"

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Shinjobi posted:

They actually talk about videogames there though.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Every character I make in rpg's are pansexual.

I'm pretty sure I made my character have sex with every possible NPC in New Vegas. Ghoul, chick, dude, robot, and the chick who ran the fighting arena. Those are the ones coming to mind, at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aesop Poprock posted:

i don't want to post there

Hobohemian posted:

They actually talk about videogames there though.

loving gently caress.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Universe Master posted:

They started on Skyrim waaaaaaaaay before NV was released.

They had a goddamned year to fix the interface atleast?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm pretty sure I made my character have sex with every possible NPC in New Vegas. Ghoul, chick, dude, robot, and the chick who ran the fighting arena. Those are the ones coming to mind, at least.

being able to be a literal robosexual was probably the peak of my gaming career

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

being able to be a literal robosexual was probably the peak of my gaming career

also the peak of your masturbatory session last night

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

Cubey posted:

new vegas is an incredible game that everyone should play at least once, probably more than once.

I liked lonesome hearts or whatever

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I want Fallout 4 to be set in either Atlanta or Detroit.

Detroit, because it obviously won't look much different. Also, it would be hilarious if Detroit was like a bastion of civility and humanity in the nuclear wastes. That'd be a great turn-around.

Atlanta because it would be the first time you are REQUIRED to have a vehicle in the game. Can you see what that road system would look like at the end of the world? Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

any game set in detroit is a fallout game :rimshot:

• Locked thread