Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I thought Fallout 3 had the more interesting game world, atmosphere, story, vaults, quests & soundtrack. New Vegas is really great if you are into recycled FO3 assets, country music & nearly every NPCs telling you their life stories for no goddamn reason, it's like Flavor Text the Game.

The modding is a lot more rewarding in NV though. But I don't think I could play NV without mods at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBSB9HBofQ

DicktheCat posted:

I want Fallout 4 to be set in either Atlanta or Detroit.

Detroit, because it obviously won't look much different. Also, it would be hilarious if Detroit was like a bastion of civility and humanity in the nuclear wastes. That'd be a great turn-around.

Atlanta because it would be the first time you are REQUIRED to have a vehicle in the game. Can you see what that road system would look like at the end of the world? Hilarious.

Detroit would be great because there would probably be more cars to chain explode, which is a pretty big selling point for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I think it's going to be in Baltimore.

naem
May 29, 2011

New Vegas was an absolutely fantastic "being poor in the desert" simulator, which I'm not as into

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

naem posted:

New Vegas was an absolutely fantastic "being poor in the desert" simulator, which I'm not as into

if you weren't the richest motherfucker in the mojave by 1/3 of the way through that game you're real fuckin bad at it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nefarious posted:

if you weren't the richest motherfucker in the mojave by 1/3 of the way through that game you're real fuckin bad at it

Once you reach Vegas you can farm fiend weapons for some easy cash. Or hunt super mutants at black mountain if you haven't finished the quest.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Once you reach Vegas you can farm fiend weapons for some easy cash. Or hunt super mutants at black mountain if you haven't finished the quest.

Or play blackjack

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

they don't let poors in Vegas

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Well the fiends are outside in the surrounding area at any rate.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Universe Master posted:

atomic wrangler

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
Right off the hop I use a stealth boy and rob the silver rush blind

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Ratslayer was the best gun.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
I liked the survivalist rifle

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
anti material rifle with hand loaded rounds or bust

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Nefarious posted:

anti material rifle with hand loaded rounds or bust

Not everything is a deathclaw.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Or play blackjack

Anybody who doesn't set their Luck to 9 is playing NV wrong

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

NadaTooma posted:

Anybody who doesn't set their Luck to 9 is playing NV wrong

set it to 8 and get the naughty nightwear (+1 to luck) imho

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Universe Master posted:

I love how once you get to Vegas they put in a loading screen every 100 yards with no fast travel into the Strip, great optimization there.

Universe Master posted:

Not everything is a deathclaw.

Unless you have the mod: "Everything is a deathclaw" installed.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I love how once you get to Vegas they put in a loading screen every 100 yards with no fast travel into the Strip, great optimization there.

I know but last gen consoles

Someday they will optimize games for the master race

naem
May 29, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Unless you have the mod: "Everything is a deathclaw" installed.

:stare:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Universe Master posted:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I thought Fallout 3 had the more interesting story

:laffo:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
the best part of 3 was the virtual cul de sac hell
pretty much it

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Me & my dad Liam Neeson ran all the way across the Wasteland together after escaping the Occulus Rift vault and he fist fought a bunch of molerats & a Deathclaw, he punched an entire gang of bandits to death and then stole a flame thrower & burned some mutants up & then we finally made it to safety & he told me he was proud of me & then he loving died. If that's not good storytelling then I don't even know.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

If I can only have one it's Gobi even post nerf.

Wicker Man posted:

You can still farm them if you finish the quest, their locations change but it's just as good.

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

set it to 8 and get the naughty nightwear (+1 to luck) imho

More like set it to 9 and buy the luck implant. Best stat by far.

raton fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 27, 2015

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

obsidian doesn't have the money for celebrities that Bethesda does.

obsidian had go to with loving Chandler

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Universe Master posted:

On the plus side they got Dave Foley and Danny Trejo on the cheap

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious posted:

No money playthrough best playthrough though

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
hey baby I'm the courier don't you want me to handle your big package :bigtran:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Me & my dad Liam Neeson ran all the way across the Wasteland together after escaping the Occulus Rift vault and he fist fought a bunch of molerats & a Deathclaw, he punched an entire gang of bandits to death and then stole a flame thrower & burned some mutants up & then we finally made it to safety & he told me he was proud of me & then he loving died. If that's not good storytelling then I don't even know.

If you find him before you go to the memorial he tells you he just wanted to keep you safe in the vault and then ten minutes later he stands outside with his scientist friends and asks you to please go kill the horde of super mutants alone

EDIT: also :fuckoff: if you didn't choose every "no, gently caress YOU dad" option the game gave you

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

anyone who says F3 is the better game needs to be shot and fed to the fiends

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I pretty much just stealth suited past mutants and the liek in F3 at high levels because they were so loving bullet spongy.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
albino radscopion lol

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Wolfsheim posted:

If you find him before you go to the memorial he tells you he just wanted to keep you safe in the vault and then ten minutes later he stands outside with his scientist friends and asks you to please go kill the horde of super mutants alone

EDIT: also :fuckoff: if you didn't choose every "no, gently caress YOU dad" option the game gave you

In all fairness, at that point it was obvious that his baby became lord death of murder mountain, so they were the best one to go in.

Universe Master posted:

I pretty much just stealth suited past mutants and the liek in F3 at high levels because they were so loving bullet spongy.

This right here. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why I don't like to go back to FO3. Especially in the DLC, dear god. And the inferior repair system.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Universe Master posted:

instead we got even better voice actors who just weren't as famous. yes man alone trumps every single character in fo3, as does mr. house.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cubey posted:

instead we got even better voice actors who just weren't as famous. yes man alone trumps every single character in fo3, as does mr. house.

odo was pretty great

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
the cowboy robot was pretty great

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I imagine roboshit talking with Victor's voice in every post.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Yes Man, Mr. Odo & Robot Cowboy were all great but let's be honest, Danny Trejo & Chandler were not.

Also, New Vegas radio was painful without mods.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Why have the radio on at all though?

I murder drug-ed up freaks in complete silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Universe Master posted:

Why have the radio on at all though?

because if you don't have it on how are you going to listen to big iron

• Locked thread