Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i was on morphine for a week but i was in so much pain i never noticed it feeling "good," just less horrible so i could sleep

i had no withdrawal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Pouring at least a 2-liter of Mountain Dew or other caffeinated beverage into my fat maw every day over here, but I can quit any time I want, I just don't want to. It tastes good and is good for you.

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Luvcow posted:

Undoubtedly most GBS posters have been addicted to something, and most still probably are.

Ten years ago I was in an icu for a month on a morphine drip, little button I could press would dose me up but then I'd have to wait five minutes before I could press it again. The day the morphine doc came in and said I'd be taken off early I feebly swore at him and threatened to attack him if he took my morphine away. Several days later it was Christmas and I was writhing in my bed going through withdrawls. It was terrible but thankfully I was too sick/weak to do anything about it and in a controlled environment I was weened off of it.

How hosed up are you and what addictions have you kicked or are trying to kick? To what depths have you fallen to feed your addictions? Pictures if you have them please.

:ohdear:

You're really lucky he took you off.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Suboxone and methadone are the real miserable withdrawals, nowhere near any of the other opiates.

Morphine withdrawal is absolutely nothing compared to benzos, alcohol SSRI/N, and psych meds

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Foid One posted:

You're really lucky he took you off.

He left me on a few more days but yes it was lucky it was in a controlled environment because if I'd been an addict outside of a hospital I'm not sure I'd have ever stopped it.

stringball posted:

Suboxone and methadone are the real miserable withdrawals, nowhere near any of the other opiates.

Morphine withdrawal is absolutely nothing compared to benzos, alcohol SSRI/N, and psych meds

can't really compare to those as I don't know, except for alcohol and cigarettes, but the feeling of withdrawals was worse than the cancer or the procedures so for me it was the worst. Please share your experiences with benzos, alcohol SSRI/N and psych meds if you feel comfortable enough to do so.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Stoic Commie posted:

that means you already had bad circulation. how fat are you?

does it actually mean that? i thought everyone got dizzy from their first few cigarettes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for turning someone on, whatever that means. No one turned me on.

An inclination is something you just want to do.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
lean & xanax

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Zeluth posted:

I feel bad for turning someone on, whatever that means. No one turned me on.

An inclination is something you just want to do.

scratch that patch raw though

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEI3ygPsKX8

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

The only time I've gotten legitimately physically hooked on a drug is when I was taking oxycodone for kidney stones. The first time I took the drug I only took one pill and it helped with the pain but it was nothing special. A couple times later and I tried two pills and I felt this amazing warm feeling go throughout my body. After that I was popping them as much as I could. Eventually when swallowing them wasn't enough I began snorting them (It was the kind of oxycodone without Tylenol in it) and that was an even bigger buzz.

I took two to six pills every day for about a month. I must have gotten the prescription refilled two or three times before I peed out the stone. Eventually one night I ended up taking the last of the pills a dozing off. All I remember is waking up in a cold sweat and running to the bathroom because I had to poo poo really bad. Imagine having a terrible cold/fever combined with depression. I was in withdrawal and it was hell. You can't sleep, you can't eat and you feel like crying your eyes out for no reason. The worst of the withdrawals lasted for three or four days but I didn't get back to normal for a couple weeks. I can't imagine what heroin withdrawal is like, it must be like dieing

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i love getting head op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Luvcow posted:

. Please share your experiences with benzos, alcohol SSRI/N and psych meds if you feel comfortable enough to do so.

I have never gone through alcohol or benzo, but it's common knowledge that these can kill you in severe cases.

SSRI withdrawal (zoloft in my case) lasts for literal months and must be done slowly or else you will probably not be able to function.

Risperidal was the other I got completely off, also done slowly. Shaking constantly, brain zaps (feels like short electrical shocks going through your body, hard to explain if you haven't felt it), very difficult to sleep.

You won't have any control of your emotions, and there's a huge list of other things that may or may not happen

• Locked thread