Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Remember when Modest Mouse was good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CH1Tu9-oSU

post about how much modest mouse sucks now and how great their first few albums were itt

or how about how they always sucked idk I'm not your dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Isaac Brock raped and killed a girl in 93.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
She's still alive actually

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

Isaac Brock raped and killed a girl in 93.

I could see that being a thing actually

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do any of you guys like to listen to ska?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
bought myself a truckers atlas

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is he still a huge alcoholic? Does Johnny Marr still play with him?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is he still a huge alcoholic? Does Johnny Marr still play with him?

no, don't think so

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nooner posted:

Do any of you guys like to listen to ska?

I like less than Jake and mustard plug and the aqua bats even though they are weirdo Mormons

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

My firend Ian has a dance called 'The Grandpa Dance'. He only does it to 'Tiny Cities Made of Ashes'. I was with him and trevor and almost got in a fight with small mexican guys on the floor of a Modest Mouse show but I just stared down the main dude (small guy) and they went away and then we lost our car and ended up eating at Pete's Kitchen in Denver. That's my story thanks fellows

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

HoboZero posted:

My firend Ian has a dance called 'The Grandpa Dance'. He only does it to 'Tiny Cities Made of Ashes'. I was with him and trevor and almost got in a fight with small mexican guys on the floor of a Modest Mouse show but I just stared down the main dude (small guy) and they went away and then we lost our car and ended up eating at Pete's Kitchen in Denver. That's my story thanks fellows

tell us more about trevor

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'll go against the grain and say that modest mouse are, in fact, still good and that we were dead was a really good album that was badly under-appreciated and that johnny marr's guitar work on it was brilliant.

i mean they won't ever top lonesome crowded west or the moon and antarctica, but making music that isn't as phenomenal as those two doesn't mean they aren't still making great music

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Modest Mouse are still good AND I listen to ska.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
I saw them play last summer and it was good. Isaac Brock told stories about the poo poo in his basement and made bad jokes about whale blubber between sets. Looking forward to seeing than again this summer.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
aaa crasht inteh a caap caa

thee aaaatha daa

nnnnhe juss draava shooshoo ggabbahey

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I'm a huge modest mouse fan and I love most of their stuff but this one track off the new album confuses and offends me.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Also this video of the kidz bop cover of float on is hilariously bad.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
God if I have to die you will have to die

God if I have to die you will have to die

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

memy posted:

No.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

hey does anyone remember mars volta? man they were sure something

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Omelette du Fromage posted:

hey does anyone remember mars volta? man they were sure something

they were until pridgen left. then they became poo poo.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

How do you do the grandpa dance

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
heard their new single and it sounded exactly like Float On and I was sad

like musician is prolly one of the most miserable careers ever since you either suck or achieve brief notoriety, which can only be prolonged if you mimic what got you notoriety in the 1st place

Al Nipper fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 27, 2015

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TvH6twZClM

it's hard to remain successful as an artist when the primary themes that your art depends on involve your life and setting being lovely

edit: ^

and I saw them this fall and the songs from their last three albums are better in person than recorded, for what it's worth

PTSDeedly Do fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 27, 2015

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

it ok posted:

tell us more about trevor

He knows more people than anyone else I know and also has a rad dragon tattoo even though he's not, like, a buff dude that you'd picture having a dragon tattoo. It's legit Japanesey. He likes VWs and has that gene that makes you get in relationships with utterly crazy girls. His head is eggplant-shaped and he went to Columbine high school but just before the shootings. We lived together in a townhouse and one sunday I thought he was super hungover because he didn't come down to the TV room until like 2pm, but it turns out that his cat tried to jump off his dresser to his bed but hosed it up and landed on its weird little neck and died, so he was up there crying with his dead cat for like three hours until coming down to get a trash bag to put it in. So there's this one townhouse in Aurora with a dead cat in a bag like six inches under the ground in the middle of the lovely little yard. That is a trevor sunday and I hope it quenched your thirst, poster it ok.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I believe the cat's name was Java, if that helps. I used to feed it boogers when I was high which I thought was just the funniest goddamn thing but in retrospect was a bit off. If you have any more questions I'll try to help

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ferroque posted:

Also this video of the kidz bop cover of float on is hilariously bad.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wrong song, but yes.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

they were until pridgen left. then they became poo poo.

Bedlam in Goliath is sick dope nasty to the max

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
Modest Mouse was always good to my knowledge. I think 'Lonesome Crowded West' was the best, but everything before and after was still good. I think 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank' is a good album with good songs.

I haven't listened to the new album yet. Those who have, as someone who likes all the Modest Mouse, do you think I'll like it?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Pringleton posted:

I haven't listened to the new album yet. Those who have, as someone who likes all the Modest Mouse, do you think I'll like it?

yes it is a very good album especially if you liked we were dead. a lot of the pretentious fuckheads in NMD didn't like it but it's probably because they are the type of people who use phrases like "x raped my childhood" with a completely straight face.

eating snowflakes with plastic forks

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

memy posted:

no

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Nooner posted:

I like less than Jake and mustard plug and the aqua bats even though they are weirdo Mormons

those names dont sound like theyre from 60s jamaica and therefore are bad

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the 9/11 reference in the thread title is really lame and a great example of how memes get run into the ground

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I like this band too op.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

memy posted:

That never happened.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
realtalk at my old job I used to have to meet with Brock like twice a year.

ama.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

realtalk at my old job I used to have to meet with Brock like twice a year.

ama.

he comes off equal parts as a cool down to earth dude and a pompous douchebag. which of these is more accurate to how he really is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cubey posted:

he comes off equal parts as a cool down to earth dude and a pompous douchebag. which of these is more accurate to how he really is.

when he isn't recording he's nice but kinda spacey and add, just kinda lost his train of thought a lot. when they were recording he was insufferable and seemed high out of his mind the few times I dealt with him. he had a guy he called his "accountant" who basically told him what he should and shouldn't spend money on, that guy hated me and was a huge dick all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

bensnotacat posted:

it's hard to remain successful as an artist when the primary themes that your art depends on involve your life and setting being lovely

Exactly.

• Locked thread