Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
so like why was scott shelby pretending to investigate the origami killer when in fact he was the origami killer
was he just followin up on his old victims' families or something
also why did the dads keep disappearing

namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og
SHAUN

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
All video games are terrible.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just finished sex with OP's mom (spoilers)

it was bad my poor garbage dick could not satisfy her ):

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
The canon reason is because he was trying to get rid of all the evidence he sent to each victim's family.

The meta reason is because it's a game with a twist ending.

I dunno about the Dads. I guess it's implied they either failed and died at various stages or failed and ran away in shame.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

unlimited shrimp posted:

so like why was scott shelby pretending to investigate the origami killer when in fact he was the origami killer
was he just followin up on his old victims' families or something
also why did the dads keep disappearing

namaste

nobody cares, gently caress off

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
You know they call that poo poo movies

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Zeike posted:

nobody cares, gently caress off

is this, is this the holy grail of bad posting???

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The point was to satisfy David Cage's need for creepy voyeur video game boobs hth

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
How did he set up all the broken glass in the Butterfly trial when he was way too fat to fit in that tiny space?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hadaka Apron posted:

How did he set up all the broken glass in the Butterfly trial when he was way too fat to fit in that tiny space?

how did he kill the guy in 2 seconds without the girl in the next room knowing???

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also dads die in the challenges, you can find the dead dad of the mom who tries to kill her kid op

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAUN

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is that the movie where those New York cops go to Japan and show them how it's done?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Davincie posted:

also dads die in the challenges, you can find the dead dad of the mom who tries to kill her kid op

explain

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
David Cage explicitly hates videogames but somehow has a career in them

he's the cinematic equivalent of Tommy Wiseau but in VG terms that still makes him better than most

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Al Nipper posted:

David Cage explicitly hates videogames but somehow has a career in them

he's the cinematic equivalent of Tommy Wiseau but in VG terms that still makes him better than most

Press A to insert tampon

Press B to not get raped

WOW A REAL FEMALE EXPERIENCE

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

I just finished sex with OP's mom (spoilers)

it was bad my poor garbage dick could not satisfy her ):

Same....

Was like throwing a welly up a train tunnel.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

heavy rain is an absolutely miserable gameplay experience wrapped around a really loving terrible story. at least indigo prophecy was ridiculous in its stupidity, in a kinda funny b-movie sort of way, so you could laugh at it.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP30WYgYiUI

Mega64 nailed Heavy Rain perfectly.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I thought the twist was pretty good. People are just mad because the game outsmarted them.

Uhh, except for the whole thing with Ethan waking up on the street the killer came from without any explanation because they cut out the subplot about a supernatural psychic link because it would have been real dumb, but then they forgot to patch up that partickler plot hole...

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

isn't this the game where one the main characters travels to the future to see his shrink?

ExtraCheese
Apr 16, 2014
David Cage is a nightmarish version of auteur theory, his creative vision shines through but you really wish it wouldn't.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Things I learned from Heavy Rain:

It's okay for news anchors to call crime suspects "dangerous lunatics."

Psychiatrists can't tell anyone about anything their patients say, even if they think that their patient is a serial killer.

Schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder are the same thing.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
PRESS X TO PAY YOUR RESPECTS TO JASON

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
SHAUN!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The twist is bad because in order to make the twist they had to reveal that previous gameplay interactions and cutscenes were in fact lies with no clues that they were lies at all. All the while, the dad guy was totally set up as having a split personality who is killing these kids and having to try and outsmart himself which is actually neat and interesting. What I am saying is we all got Cage'd

Edit: Also all the kids are french.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Give Pat a Job posted:

All video games are terrible.

You'll be happy to know that Heavy Rain isn't a video game then.

Press X to Jason.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
SHAUN

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Why are they called quicktime events

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

fyodor posted:

Why are they called quicktime events

i dunno but "press O to cut off your finger" was a good one

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
My favorite David Cage story is how he got obsessed with Ellen Page, collected pictures of her childhood to adulthood, and then wrote a 2000 page fanfic about her.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Philadelphia posted:

My favorite David Cage story is how he got obsessed with Ellen Page, collected pictures of her childhood to adulthood, and then wrote a 2000 page fanfic about her.

:yikes:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

If you fully explore the tunnels with the broken glass, you can find the dead body of one of the other fathers who couldn't make it through. There might be another body somewhere else I'm forgetting.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is all I know about Heavy Rain:

SHAAAAAAAUN

SHAAAAAAAAAAUN

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN

SHAAAAAAAAAUN

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Is this the game where Shelby manages to kill someone in another room, while being locked in a bathroom, while the player was controlling him?

Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Heavy Rain has like 5 endings. You didn't finish it until you get all of them.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Cheryl?

CHERYYYYYL!

oops sorry wrong game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Philadelphia posted:

my favorite is how he modeled the main female character in indigo prophecy on his cousin and then had her in a topless sex scene.

• Locked thread