Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
shame he missed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Demon Of The Fall posted:

so my stupid roommate was cleaning a gun the other day and it went off and traveled through our wall, narrowly missing my head before going through another wall and missing my other friend by a couple feet while he was playing video games. the week before I mentioned to him that guns are more likely to kill a family member or a friend than an intruder, that would have been kinda funny if he shot me. well, not for me at least. should I try and shoot him as payback?

I was sleeping on the brown pillow, if my gf had been next to me she would be dead.

guns are bad and people who own them are dumb

Nice nail hole you hosed up making.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

dMastri posted:

What kind of beta are you letting this gun nut off with a casual laugh

I know it's seriously insane.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
*starts to hammer wall*

WTF why did the nail go through the drywall? The guy at home depot said this was load bearing, where will I hang my low clearance mounts for my minecraft 3d art I purchased at an inner city comic book convention?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Beat the loving poo poo out of that idiot.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If the op actually had been shot his best friend and roomate seems like thr kind of guy that would blame him for being in bed when he was cleaning his guns and would tell people he was set up

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Wait what did the cops say

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
your roommate is just a loving moron hth

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm against getting a gun or having a gun in my house because I'm impulsive and struggle with depression so that would give me an easy way to blow my brains out.

But seriously gunhavers are dumb and part of why America is so violent and nasty

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Sorry about almost murdering you in your sleep, roomie. Hey, I've got an idea! Let's go camping in a secluded forest and forget it all ever happened

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
hey remember when that goon's roommate died and she let him rot in his room for a week because she was too lazy to check on him?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

hey remember when that goon's roommate died and she let him rot in his room for a week because she was too lazy to check on him?

:stonk:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

A misanthrope posted:

holy loving poo poo, how do you not notice the smell of dead person

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

holy loving poo poo, how do you not notice the smell of dead person

if you are a goon in a goon home the smell of decay is an old friend

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
your roommate is a loving idiot. the reason gun control is a good idea is because people like your roommate are too stupid to handle the responsibility of owning a gun without putting other lives in danger.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Here's to hoping his aim improves? I dunno what you want me to say, OP

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

has your roommate thought about enlisting

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

this is a good thread

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

well he says he thought it was empty. don't they always say that before someone gets shot in the face?

Step one of cleaning a gun is to clear it to make sure that it's empty. In fact, step one of touching a gun at all is to check to make sure that it's not loaded.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no step one of touching a gun is to have hands

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I like to touch it with my penis!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

JB50 posted:

What kind of gun was it?

Rifle? Pistol? Make? Model?

I have no idea. A pistol, I really don't know a lot about guns.

dMastri posted:

What kind of beta are you letting this gun nut off with a casual laugh

He was really shook up and was crying and shaking so I figured that was punishment enough to know he almost killed his friend. He's not allowed to clean them in the house anymore. I was moving out when my lease is up after the summer anyway so until then I'm kinda stuck.

Free Cheese posted:

Wait what did the cops say

They didn't care since no one was injured.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's to hoping his aim improves? I dunno what you want me to say, OP

Thanks friend

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

I blamed both the gun and my stupid friend for him almost shooting me, I think that's pretty fair. One can't work without the other.

Maybe he could keep his gun at a local range or gun club instead of some place you might be located?

Also, is he a professional drug dealer? Because why the hell else would you carry a loaded weapon or be storing your ammo with the gun so that exactly this poo poo could happen?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

He's not allowed to clean them in the house anymore.

As a gun-haver, I am on the fence about this. They don't need to be cleaned all the time unless you're in the desert or a jungle, but no cleaning in the house at all might be too strict.

Having said that, if he's keeping it in the house at all, it should be a rule that it be unloaded at all times. In a hypothetical rapist is coming through the window situation, the half second it takes to load the pistol isn't going to make or break anything considering that he's going to have to run to dig it out of wherever it is.

Libertarian Gun-havers are always like "If it's not loaded, what's the point of having it?", as if it's some big hassle to pull the slide back. Literally the only case where that half second might make a difference is if a gun-having rapist is already through the door in your living-room with a gun pointed at you and your gun is already in your lap because you've been stroking it all night.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Saga posted:

Also, is he a professional drug dealer? Because why the hell else would you carry a loaded weapon or be storing your ammo with the gun so that exactly this poo poo could happen?

Pretty sure he had been to a range with our other friend he almost shot either that day or a few days prior, hence it being loaded and needing cleaning?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
despite what the LieBral mediurrr wants you to believe, accidental discharges are exceedingly rare compared to the number of guns being cleaned. per capita, if you will

so your best friend is an exceedingly stupid person OP

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

if your fat libertarian friend ever touched a vagina, he'd have an accidental discharge.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seriously if you pick up a gun (any/every gun) and the first thing you do isnt to check and make sure it isnt loaded before doing anything else then youre a loving moron

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

death to america

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Wall Balls posted:

death to america

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Sue him, i am not joking. Do as much damage to his purse or his freetime as you can. That could save lifes in the future. This guy is so stupid, he is a danger for everyone around him and the sooner you start dropping the law on him the sooner he will learn. Talk to a lawyer, tell him what happened and do this as fast as possible or it will be hard to show the judge that you are really serious about it and not just trying to grab money.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

FunkyFlashman posted:

Sue him, i am not joking. Do as much damage to his purse or his freetime as you can. That could save lifes in the future. This guy is so stupid, he is a danger for everyone around him and the sooner you start dropping the law on him the sooner he will learn. Talk to a lawyer, tell him what happened and do this as fast as possible or it will be hard to show the judge that you are really serious about it and not just trying to grab money.

Shut the gently caress up

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FunkyFlashman posted:

Sue him anyways. Kick his rear end out. Seriously, I wouldn't let this person stay in the same place as me. Uses "libtard" unironically and accidentally shoots off guns? Yeah pretty much human garbage.

What state and or region is this in?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SD87 posted:

Nice glory hole f*g

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gun goons are the most bitch-made pussybois ever loving looool

"mah gunz!!"
:qqsay:

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

imho you should wrapped a brick in a sock and dashed his dumb idiot brains out

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

fyodor posted:

"mah gunz!!"

+1

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

fyodor posted:

"mah gunz!!"

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Pretty sure he had been to a range with our other friend he almost shot either that day or a few days prior, hence it being loaded and needing cleaning?

So your saying he either: One, brought a loaded weapon from the range into your home or, two, he loaded the weapon prior to cleaning it and forgot.

I think I can make a sure bet here this wasn't and accidental discharge while he was cleaning it. He polished the outside, and so proud he was of his work that he cocked it back to dry fire it without ever realizing he never removed the mag. That's why the bullet went through several walls: He was sitting down, holding the weapon straight out from him.

That would make it more of, "I'm a loving idiot who should not own a firearm," than "The pistol accidentally discharged while I was cleaning it loaded." Occam's razor applies here.

He's your longtime friend? Ok. Tell him he can't keep a weapon in the house unless he gets firearms training. Until then he either gives it to someone he can trust to hold onto it or to you. I would demand this, as the bare minimum, for having created such a dangerous situation in your home; the one place where there is supposed to be safety.

Trust me on this, have him sign up for a class and make sure he goes. When it comes to guns, you do not learn through trial and error. The next "accident" could get somebody killed, or him in jail.

E: Tell me what model pistol it was, so I can tell you with 100% certainty that his story is bullshit.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Whatever happened to the Jackel

• Locked thread