Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

there's morethan one type of mead you know

I think you meant to say there's morethan one type of mead you know DOOFUS.

And no there isn't. Thread fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

mead was invented here, i live on top of a loving viking settlement we don't necessarily use honey any type of sugar will do you ignorant americans

those dead vikings must be pissed about you

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sima_(mead)

Sima was originally mead, an alcoholic beverage produced by brewing a solution of honey and water. Nowadays the honey is usually replaced mostly or entirely by different kinds of sugar and there is only a very low alcohol content due to limited fermentation.

Sima's ingredients include lemon, active dry yeast, and raisins. Sugar is added as brown sugar, white sugar, honey or some combination of them. Hops are also called for in some recipes. The concoction of water and the lemon and sugars are mixed, boiled, and cooled to room temperature. The yeast is added and the mixture left to stand overnight. Then it is carefully decanted into bottles and a few raisins are added to each bottle.

we've been drinking mead for thousands of years which is why the recipe has some variation.

I can piss in an empty corona bottle and call it beer but that doesn't mean it's beer. You could get a thousand other people in a city built over viking ruins to all call it beer, but it STILL won't be beer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

i was talking about mead though?

No you weren't, because mead is made with honey.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mange Mite posted:

im sure the vikings would approve of the general principle of getting trashed cheaply. its just a translation issue to call it mead

no idea actually what the english term is for a drink made primarily from sugar syrup. undistilled rum? hooch i guess

someone post a picture of a can of Sprite and title it, "Formerly mead."

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

we also make mead without honey, deal with it.

No you don't.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

we do though, it's considered the same drink

Hey here's a glass of Sprite but it's actually Coke but we call it Sprite so it's Sprite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Does yeast even count as a beer ingredient? It's like the outside agent of fermentation. As soon as it is done eating the sugar it settles to the bottom and/or gets filtered out.

• Locked thread