Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I believe in the man and his crazy dream. He has never made a bad movie and isn't like Michael Bay where he makes 5 movies of the same franchise in a row and all of them are bad and can never make a good one.

He wants to make some sort of ultra 3d/4d/5d/Double D movie veiwing experience that exceeds the original avatar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i look forward to enjoying Clit Vision

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Imagine the first anime and comicbook movie to gross over 5 billion dollars.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

The Taint Reaper posted:

He has never made a bad movie

What the gently caress are you smoking and where can I get some?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like theres a lot of levitaiotn and bug eyes in the context of pedowonder

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Frankenstyle posted:

What the gently caress are you smoking and where can I get some?

Aliens, terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic, Howard The Duck. All not bad movies and certainly not terrible to sit through.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Aliens, terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic, Howard The Duck. All not bad movies and certainly not terrible to sit through.

Howard the Duck was Lucas, though I suspect you already knew that.

If James Cameron had Howard the Duck on his resume he might have hung himself.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

triump of the will, terminator cys, lincoln: the show is over, harry potter and the sorcers stone

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Does anyone still give a gently caress about an avatar 2? I mean the window for our short attention spans is like maybe 9 months to put out your sequel.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Most loving depressing quote

quote:

“It was a coin toss at that point, but I see the good the ‘Avatar’ franchise could do in terms of keeping a world audience cognizant of our relationship with nature, but in an entertainment context. So, ultimately, I feel there is more good to be done there than with ‘Battle Angel’, [which is] just a great, kickass story.”

Is he loving serious, he's depriving us of a "kickass story" with the director that made Cyborgs mainstream for more be at one with nature crap? What the gently caress.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Does anyone still give a gently caress about an avatar 2? I mean the window for our short attention spans is like maybe 9 months to put out your sequel.

It will bring back 3d movies, only this time it won't just be a passing fad like the first, second, and third time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It had better be the good Battle Angel Alita where she is fighting crazy cyborgs in junktown, and not the bad Battle Angel: Last Order which sucks and is lame.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
he sucks and so do his movies

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nefarious posted:

he sucks and so do his movies

they used to be good. pre-titanic you had the terminators, aliens, abyss, true lies.

abyss is one of my favs but im afraid that is where he got his water obsession and everything went to poo poo

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
t2 rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

:rock: :roboluv:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

The Taint Reaper posted:

He wants to make some sort of ultra 3d/4d/5d/Double D movie veiwing experience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWX4GUYGQXQ&t=30s

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
titanic was loving horrible

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Concerned Citizen posted:

titanic was loving horrible

Titanic was so loving horrible. It was the movie where he decided that depth and respect for your audience's intelligence were for faggots. So he turned into Michael Bay and started making stupid, lovely, noisy, glitzy cartoons.

His next movie will be a dumb piece of poo poo that everyone will regret having seen

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hes still better htan riddley scott

holy poo poo what a fall to embarrasing mediocrity at best

:rip:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000631/#director

sad

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 28, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
some dumb girls sitting in front of me got mad at me in the titanic movie because I mentioned the boat sinking while we were waiting for the movie to start

I was like dude how do you not know the titanic sinks and that just made them more butthurt about spoilers.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Avatar wasn't a very good movie. It looked nice though.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Avatar 2 is him scamming the movie company to give him billions of dollars to play with his submarines and that is great.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
avatar looked like a halo videogame

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on Alita, a cyborg who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg martial art Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey."

+ James Cameron

= im sold

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Dis gay

Op gay

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also; Avatar wasn't a great movie I agree but I also don't think it was bad. It was a solid theatre experience imo nothing more nothing less

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

Also; Avatar wasn't a great movie I agree but I also don't think it was bad.

that's because you're a dumb baby hth

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Moridin920 posted:

some dumb girls sitting in front of me got mad at me in the titanic movie because I mentioned the boat sinking while we were waiting for the movie to start

I was like dude how do you not know the titanic sinks and that just made them more butthurt about spoilers.

Even if you're so goddamn oblivious to not know the history of the Titanic, they show the drat boat sinking right in the loving trailer, wtf

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

By the time Cameron gets to Alita, Hollywood will be nearing the end of strip-mining Japanese anime properties following Dreamworks' Ghost In The Shell adaptation starting off the boom.

Seriously, that's the next trend after superheroes have been played out and Cameron's Alita going to be like that loving JLA film Snyder's directing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Pacific Rim 2 delayed so del Toro can make live action Gundam Wing adaptation.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Okay guys, check it: Akira is this unkillable super-terrorist built by Muslim scientists and Kaneda and Tetsuo are the patriotic CIA agents sent to capture him. Ka-ching!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
flan is destiny

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Xaris posted:

hes still better htan riddley scott

holy poo poo what a fall to embarrasing mediocrity at best

:rip:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000631/#director

sad

uuuhhhhhhhh i believe if you check in with forums.somethingawful.com's experts at cinema disgusto, you'll find that in fact prometheus was the most brilliant movie ever written, as it is a perfect and gutbustingly hilarious satire of sci-fi

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Panzer Kunst uh more like Panda oval office amirite

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

"The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on Alita, a cyborg who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg martial art Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey."

sorry what?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moola posted:

sorry what?

hello?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i remember one thing clearly from titanic. it's when the boat goes all the way vertical and some guy hanging from the deck railing falls, gets his leg smashed on like a piece of the deck and somersaults down to his death. that was epic!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Moola posted:

sorry what?

It clearly is what it states. Panzer Kunst = "Armor Art". I think all the cyborg martial arts have German names because they come from German-dominated Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Just a reminder that the blue people in Avatar beat the futuristic version of Paul Blart and not the actual army. Once the real army finds out those blue cat people are space islams they're toast and there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

• Locked thread