Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
You know princesses. Anime is full of them! Long hair curled into luxuriant tresses, fancy hoity-toity way of speaking, sits there and looks winsome a lot. The works. Well, dear comrades of ADTRW, the question I want to pose to you today is: Of them all, who is the BEST anime princess? Let's find out through reasonable discourse and civilized parley the likes for which ADTRW is well known.

I submit that the best anime princess is Dianna Soriel/Kihel Heim from the well-beloved Turn-A Gundam. Why?

Well, for one thing she's not just there to sit around and look winsome! In fact, she's an awesome active character who starts out as your typical sort of naive idol-like princess and gradually learns about the real-world consequences of her idealistic plan to resettle the Moonrace on Earth. Next, she's not afraid to order the death sentence on unruly subjects like Corin Nander. She's got steel in her! Finally, it's hilarious how quick she is to grab the nearest gun or rifle and try to shoot someone, even if they're riding in a dozens of meters-tall mecha!

That's why I think Dianna Soriel is the best anime princess. How about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This season's prettiest princess is Arslan from The Heroic Legend Of Arslan

e;fb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
yona

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

This season's prettiest princess is Arslan from The Heroic Legend Of Arslan

e;fb

I need to watch this show! Or maybe read the manga, Hiromu Arakawa's mangas are always fun.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

I need to watch this show! Or maybe read the manga, Hiromu Arakawa's mangas are always fun.

It's great so far because as an adaptation of a book by the Legend of the Galactic Heroes guy you can totally take it seriously and it's full of DEEP THOUGHTS about gods and kings or whatever, and/or you can get excited about the pretty people and Arslan's growing harem. Ether way is totally valid!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this isnt really a gif focused on yona but it's a good gif

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

should I watch yona if i'm not a big fan of harem stuff, reverse or otherwise?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

should I watch yona if i'm not a big fan of harem stuff, reverse or otherwise?
it's a fun series and yona gets a good amount of development. the comedy is great. there's actually a decent amount of talk about politics.

but it's pretty reverse harem yeah. the 4 dragons are literally bound by a centuries old curse to love her and never betray her, hak has it bad for her, and yoon is a tsundere.

that said hak and jeaha give her a lot of poo poo and tease her, so it isn't complete worshiping of her like a lot of harem series fall into.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's me. I'm the best anime princess.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yona definitely. And re: harem stuff she's not obnoxious and useless like an otome heroine which helps a lot. I hate most harem things as well but it didn't bother me at all as an element of the show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mononoke. Topic locked.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She wasn't even a princess.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's me. I'm the best anime princess.

How can it be you if it's actually me? :mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's clearly Princess Kushana from the Nausicaa manga.
what in the heck?

a kitten posted:

Manga Kushana is one of my all time favorite characters.

I wanted to do a big effort post about her and how well-realised she is and then I remembered that I'm not very good at actually articulating things like that.

So have a bunch of kick-rear end pictures instead.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 28, 2015

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

jellyfish

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

It's clearly Princess Kushana from the Nausicaa manga.
what in the heck?

This is a very sound answer that would be difficult to refute.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That would be true if she didn't decide to rule as regent till the end of her days and then pass over the crown of Torumekia to ??? That means she gives up her official royal claim!! :haw:

It's true, however, that it's rather hard to beat something like this

It's pretty much the best "Princess speech" ever. :allears: :black101:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DrSunshine posted:

You know princesses. Anime is full of them! Long hair curled into luxuriant tresses, fancy hoity-toity way of speaking, sits there and looks winsome a lot. The works. Well, dear comrades of ADTRW, the question I want to pose to you today is: Of them all, who is the BEST anime princess? Let's find out through reasonable discourse and civilized parley the likes for which ADTRW is well known.

I submit that the best anime princess is Dianna Soriel/Kihel Heim from the well-beloved Turn-A Gundam. Why?

Well, for one thing she's not just there to sit around and look winsome! In fact, she's an awesome active character who starts out as your typical sort of naive idol-like princess and gradually learns about the real-world consequences of her idealistic plan to resettle the Moonrace on Earth. Next, she's not afraid to order the death sentence on unruly subjects like Corin Nander. She's got steel in her! Finally, it's hilarious how quick she is to grab the nearest gun or rifle and try to shoot someone, even if they're riding in a dozens of meters-tall mecha!

That's why I think Dianna Soriel is the best anime princess. How about you?

I expected a crossdressing Loran joke but you had to ruin it by using a completely different Turn A character.

I'm very disappointed.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

the euphinator is also a classic

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

the euphinator is also a classic

I'm more of a Cornelia man, myself.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Would.

Would.

Would.

Would.

Would.

Would.

Would.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i likde this one the best

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's actually Luke from Tales of the Abyss.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also acceptable:

Princess Samidare from Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

She is dainty

Has reasonable goals

and a lovely smile

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Lum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Lum a princess?

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Is Samidare a princess?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

who is the best princess?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iHFGxZblOo

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

who is the best princess?
video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiHWHLCjtU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

advokat posted:

Is Samidare a princess?

yes :colbert:
Maybe the answer is actually Chaika tho.

There's actually a lot of good anime princesses!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 29, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's a terrible shame for me to admit this, but I've never watched Revolutionary Girl Utena. I really should, if only for my own edification as an anime watcher. Is Anthy a good anime princess?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anthy is the worst anime princess. Utena is the best anime prince though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
anthy is the worst anime princess but that's kind of the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Is Lum a princess?

She's the daughter of the Oni king.

• Locked thread