Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

gen Xers are too old to know how to use the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

nonazis posted:

The hipsters will be picking that up in like, fifteen minutes, so don't worry.

Writing my ITT we're radical neon skate hipsters thread OP right now.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
GenX is all like "Yo doc, while you're checking my prostate, could you tattoo 'Poe Dog Pondering' in there?" Millennials are all like "What's health insurance? I drink industrial cum and write code 24/7 in a Google ball pit, so I'm not up on the latest meatspace trends."

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
As an Xer, try to explain the concept of a Slacker to someone whos lived though the post 2008 economy.

If you go by cryptofacist generation thory you should remember there was a generation between the 'greatists' and the boomers. That generation will be remembered because sonic youth and nirvana where not and will never be as culturally important as The Naked Lunch.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

mysterious frankie posted:

GenX is all like "Yo doc, while you're checking my prostate, could you tattoo 'Poe Dog Pondering' in there?" Millennials are all like "What's health insurance? I drink industrial cum and write code 24/7 in a Google ball pit, so I'm not up on the latest meatspace trends."

hosed up and true.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

when the first genxer dies i will feel super old!

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
AMA selling a broken Atari to some idiot millennial who thought that playing a lovely console from 30 years ago would be a good idea.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
if you've never been drilling a loved one and unironically whispered "radical" right after you came, you're probably not GenX, and that's a problem.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

ghlbtsk posted:

If you are unable to recollect bits of Reality Bites or Singles without a tiny tear of nostalgia for your lost youth leaking from your eye, you are not a Gen-Xer.

I actually didn't realize that was Ben Stiller in that movie until years later. And all I really remember is Winona Ryder getting pissed off that Ethan Hawke was singing about why you can only buy screws in packs and not individually.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

subhuman filth posted:

fyi if you're under 34 you're still a millenial sorry

I turn 34 in 4 days. Please tell me I still get to be a gen-x-er :saddowns:

Oh! I get it.

Remember the Pepsi ads, you know, Generation neXt?

And Jelly shoes?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

ProfessorBooty posted:

I turn 34 in 4 days. Please tell me I still get to be a gen-x-er :saddowns:

Oh! I get it.

Remember the Pepsi ads, you know, Generation neXt?

And Jelly shoes?

No, those things were for your generation. Remember Coke II?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Remember the black choker necklaces that looked like lace?

The stretchy ones?

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

My Q-Face posted:

No, those things were for your generation. Remember Coke II?

Y...Yes..?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

If you go by cryptofacist generation thory you should remember there was a generation between the 'greatists' and the boomers. That generation will be remembered because sonic youth and nirvana where not and will never be as culturally important as The Naked Lunch.

Aww yes the lost generation, hippies and the unlucky fucks who got sent to Vietnam. They have the most mental issues from excessive LSD use or PTSD from the nam; sometimes both.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

mysterious frankie posted:

if you've never been drilling a loved one and unironically whispered "radical" right after you came, you're probably not GenX, and that's a problem.

I do this but I like the term "gnarly" instead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hate being 32. I don't belong in any loving group.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

theres a big void between gen x and millenial that isn't really accounted for in pop culture; folks who identify a little with each. like, i remember life without cellphones, social media wasn't a thing til college, i had a facebook when it was college-only, i remember kurt cobain's death & the tail end of MTV being MTV, etc

people ages ~27 to ~34 know what im talking about

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Xers got to graduate college and enter the job market during the biggest economic boom in history, there's your void

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJwefAFRiY

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

texaholic posted:

Aww yes the lost generation, hippies and the unlucky fucks who got sent to Vietnam. They have the most mental issues from excessive LSD use or PTSD from the nam; sometimes both.

that's not the Lost Generation you nitwit

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

texaholic posted:

he's talking about beatniks and poo poo, lost generation was after ww1, hemingway poo poo

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
gen x gay

gen gay x

x gen gay

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I've still got my flannels and ripped jeans.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so far it seems like most (all?) of the generations suck. :(

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
op tell us about the pussification of america

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

OMGVBFLOL posted:

theres a big void between gen x and millenial that isn't really accounted for in pop culture; folks who identify a little with each. like, i remember life without cellphones, social media wasn't a thing til college, i had a facebook when it was college-only, i remember kurt cobain's death & the tail end of MTV being MTV, etc

people ages ~27 to ~34 know what im talking about

Yeah I fall into this group

Boner Zone posted:

op tell us about the pussification of america

the youngins are all loving retards like MRA, SJW, Tumblr and other stupid poo poo. When I was in high school the internet was shocked by goatse.cx and everyone played a half-life mod called counter-strike.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I remember a time before anime... (Actually I don't)

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

texaholic posted:

Yeah I fall into this group

the youngins are all loving retards like MRA, SJW, Tumblr and other stupid poo poo. When I was in high school the internet was shocked by goatse.cx and everyone played a half-life mod called counter-strike.

the direct successors to counterstrike, team fortress, and a starcraft UMS are the most popular games in the world rn lol

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Archer666 posted:

I remember a time before anime... (Actually I don't)

It's called Japanimation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12OBlcHx9E

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
WHAT UP GEN X FOREVER

THIS IS TABITHA SOREN WITH MTV NEWS

DUN DUN DUN YOU HEAR IT

FIRST

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm in the age range but my mom always used to say I was gen Y and it made me so mad that's not even a cool letter and she doesnt even "get" me

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Manifest posted:

WHAT UP GEN X FOREVER

THIS IS TABITHA SOREN WITH MTV NEWS

DUN DUN DUN YOU HEAR IT

FIRST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwknFJpjl9g

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

subhuman filth posted:

fyi if you're under 34 you're still a millenial sorry

* waived for those who have a career, are productive members of society, pay taxes, etc.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I watched the Challenger explode, and then went back to watching Heathcliff.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Xers got to graduate college and enter the job market during the biggest economic boom in history, there's your void

yeah in that respect i very much identify with millenials. Tuition tripled in the time i was in school and I graduated in spring 2009 with a hotel management degree just as domestic tourism was in a total freefall

ActionJacksonATL
Nov 9, 2006

I didn't give a poo poo when Kurt Cobain shot himself but I didn't like it when Adam Yauch died so do I count as a Gen Xer?

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Mr. Popo posted:

but it was a schoolday...

or were you in a special class lol

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

FordCQC posted:

but it was a schoolday...

or were you in a special class lol

Kindergarten at my elementary school back then was a half day thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Popo posted:

I missed a bunch of Garfield & Friends because of Tienanmen Square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Ethan Hawke is my hero and he invented the goatee

• Locked thread