Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Thread for human being idiots only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

quote:

Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the Western Post–World War II baby boom. Demographers, historians and commentators use birth dates ranging from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.[27][28][29] The term has also been used in different times and places for a number of different subcultures or countercultures since the 1950s.[30]

Millennials, also known as the Millennial Generation,[31] or Generation Y, is the demographic cohort following Generation X. Commentators use birth dates ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.[32][33][34]

Generation Z refers to the cohort of people born after the Millennial Generation. There is no agreement on the exact dates of the generation with some sources starting it at the mid or late 1990s[31] or the more widely used period from the mid 2000s[35] to the present day.

there is no in-between to you millennials who are in denial

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
These next two decades are really looking up. Food riots, job riots, riots against police murdering rioters.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Otto von Ruthless posted:

I really don't think people in their early 30s are Gen X

My parents were both born in late '56 which was still considered the "Baby Boomers" and had me in their late 20's. I'm the next generation after the Baby Boomers on a technicality so I'm a Gen Xer who was raised among the Millennials.

Manifest posted:

WHAT UP GEN X FOREVER

THIS IS TABITHA SOREN WITH MTV NEWS

DUN DUN DUN YOU HEAR IT

FIRST

Heheheheh... Tabitha Sorend. Heh heheheheh get it? SORE END?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Yaos posted:

These next two decades are really looking up. Food riots, job riots, riots against police murdering rioters.

Resource wars, can't to kill China men so we can grow almonds in California.

King Vidiot posted:

My parents were both born in late '56 which was still considered the "Baby Boomers" and had me in their late 20's. I'm the next generation after the Baby Boomers on a technicality so I'm a Gen Xer who was raised among the Millennials.

Yeah all my grandparents fought/build poo poo in WW2, my parents are classic baby boomers. I feel like gen x even if I am in my early thirties.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 29, 2015

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
im so hung over again

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
WINONA!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Pastor Perineum posted:

there is no in-between to you millennials who are in denial

or you can base generational differences on shared experiences & cultural touchstones instead of being an idiot & going *beep boop generation x terminate 23:59UTC 12-31-1981*

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I went to high school from 90-94 and it was loving awesome. I work at a school now and everyone there is a human being.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

The Dregs posted:

I went to high school from 90-94 and it was loving awesome. I work at a school now and everyone there is a human being.

I work at a school and everyone thinks I'm a smelly creep faculty and students

It really hurts

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Ow god dammit

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Pretty sure 9/11 was the dividing line between millenial-gen-x 'tweeners. Like if you weren't already so broken, cynical, high and intoxicated on 9/11 like it was just another day, and the impact of the CNN footage didn't resonate with you as such, you're probably just another millenial who should be summarily executed by being banned IRL from your cell phone or being sent to debtor's prison for your imprudent student and car loans.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

subhuman filth posted:

fyi if you're under 34 you're still a millenial sorry
nah that's horseshit

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
pixies and beck are playing on the same bill in boston this year and I'm all psssht I saw them when

:corsair:

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Prettz posted:

nah that's horseshit

If you can't realize that human cultures aren't necessarily broken down in black and white terms, such as birth year, you're probably autistic in which case you fit right in posting on the awful forums.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
1979 represents. Gen X best generation - there is no question.

1990s had the best of everything including the albumn Wu-Tang Forever, and you had to be Gen X to enjoy that poo poo.

e: Millenials are the worst because they're the ones that started the whole "Give me a trophy everytime I don't fall on my face while walking" and when they don't get a trophy they emo blog about how the world is unfair

gently caress them

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 29, 2015

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Marv Albert posted:

If you can't realize that human cultures aren't necessarily broken down in black and white terms, such as birth year, you're probably autistic in which case you fit right in posting on the awful forums.

I get your username, this makes me gen x. Marv Albert spank my rear end mistress, best broadcaster ever.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Giving a poo poo about what people think about our generation is, like, the least Generation X thing you can do.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Finally, a place to discuss my favorite made-for-tv movie based off a comic from the 90's.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

texaholic posted:

I get your username, this makes me gen x. Marv Albert spank my rear end mistress, best broadcaster ever.

YEEESSSSSS

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm just glad there was no internet when I was a teenager. I watched this today for the first time and it really took me back to those days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfd9AMG_VaY

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Marv Albert posted:

Pretty sure 9/11 was the dividing line between millenial-gen-x 'tweeners. Like if you weren't already so broken, cynical, high and intoxicated on 9/11 like it was just another day, and the impact of the CNN footage didn't resonate with you as such, you're probably just another millenial who should be summarily executed by being banned IRL from your cell phone or being sent to debtor's prison for your imprudent student and car loans.

What if I was three, and didn't understand what was happening? Can I be in your faggy club then?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
we really need to raise the age limit in here

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

we really need to raise the age limit in here
i've been posting here since i was like 14

that should not be allowed

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

cams posted:

i've been posting here since i was like 14

that should not be allowed

agreed

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't know if you should dog on millenials, they have it pretty rough

So they keep telling us.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

PotatoManJack posted:

1979 represents. Gen X best generation - there is no question.

1990s had the best of everything including the albumn Wu-Tang Forever, and you had to be Gen X to enjoy that poo poo.

e: Millenials are the worst because they're the ones that started the whole "Give me a trophy everytime I don't fall on my face while walking" and when they don't get a trophy they emo blog about how the world is unfair

gently caress them

Wouldn't the dumb parents start the "trophy for everyone" bit, not the actual kids??

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Wouldn't the dumb parents start the "trophy for everyone" bit, not the actual kids??

I wish that I had that gif of the black dudes freaking out over that super slam.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Borrowed Ladder posted:

That's why the smart ones of our generation never had kids

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Marv Albert posted:

i didn't "get" why everyone was so freaked out over some people dying cause i was 11

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i didn't "get" why everyone was so freaked out over some people dying cause i was 11

and I was driving to work

still didn't really care tho

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Sounds like a fun birthday party

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

subhuman filth posted:

fyi if you're under 34 you're still a millenial sorry

Yeah nah, every year retards extend what counts as a millenial but I'm 29 and I think actual millenials are dumb whiny entitled babies and I literally have nothing in common with someone 10 years younger than me.

I didn't grow up having the internet or a cell phone or anything so nah, not one of them babbys

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Yeah, that's true, but it has resulted in the Millenials being whiny emo babies who can't ever be critisized without throwing a hissy fit. Parents to blame, but it;s the generation that is poo poo.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

What I find mildly baffling is that I, a card-carrying member of Generation X, seem more at ease with technology than both the generation before and the generation after me. It's like I'm surrounded by idiots or something.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What I find mildly baffling is that I, a card-carrying member of Generation X, seem more at ease with technology than both the generation before and the generation after me. It's like I'm surrounded by idiots or something.

I agree with this. Previous generation has an excuse because they just never had computers, but next generation are poo poo because they never had to learn DOS or figure out how to fix lovely rear end early windows when it broke all the time. Everything they had is so user friendly that when something doesn't work, all they know how to do is go onto Google Play and leave a 1 star barely understandable review which says something like "fix you poo poo so i can play"

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

PotatoManJack posted:

Yeah, that's true, but it has resulted in the Millenials being whiny emo babies who can't ever be critisized without throwing a hissy fit. Parents to blame, but it;s the generation that is poo poo.

And genX parents overprotected their little babies because they didn't understand that kids need a little bit of adversity to develop into adults. The only real men were the (rightfully named) Greatest Generation, ranging from 1901-1924. All of you pussies are nothing compared to those badass monsters of people.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

nonazis posted:

And genX parents overprotected their little babies because they didn't understand that kids need a little bit of adversity to develop into adults. The only real men were the (rightfully named) Greatest Generation, ranging from 1901-1924. All of you pussies are nothing compared to those badass monsters of people.

hahah thank you Tom Brokaw

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

hahah thank you Tom Brokaw

Please, that motherfucker is straight silent-gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

nonazis posted:

gently caress you man I still don't bike with a helmet

• Locked thread