Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
What type of careers are available that do not drug test? I'm a college student right now with great grades, so I can pretty much go into whatever field I want. I'm not really interested in any career, but I know I want to earn a nice about of money, no less than $50,000 a year. I love drugs and would not give them up for a job, unless I was earning $80,000+ a year, and I would only do that for a few years to save up and get ahead. I'm definitely not addicted to anything and can easily refrain from drugs for any amount of time, but I find that using them responsibly really enhances my quality of life and I would not give up that part of my life for a career. Passing a drug test to get a job is no problem. So what types of careers do you guys know of that do not drug test regularly? Your answers will greatly help by providing direction. I need to know what kinds of careers to investigate. Thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
something awful, llc

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
"real jobs" generally dont drug test

so uh, good luck?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

do caramel macciattos count as a drug :v:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

do caramel macciattos count as a drug :v:

how do you live with yourself

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dog miner

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's well known that your mom doesn't get tested for anything, that's why shes so cheap, so maybe ask her?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

drug dealer

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I had a conversation with our ceo and a partner recently about our times doing lsd and how much fun it all was. I'm also the boss of a guy who just booked a week off to an ayahuasca spiritual retreat where he gets hosed up non stop.
this is in the goon dreaded marketing uh oh.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Basically no job drug tests regularly unless it's some top secret poo poo or something. Just don't smoke for a month before the test and you'll be fine.

As a general rule you'll be made aware of random drug tests early in the hiring process (it's really a small percentage of companies that do this and there's usually a really good reason for it). Just don't get injured on the job and ask for worker's comp because they'll drug test you (total attack on labor imo but anyway) but it seems like you're going to be working at a desk anyway.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Your own start-up.

Then sell it to Google, MS or Yahoo! for $500M-1.5B and sit back and watch it be slowly destroyed and forgotten about and picked apart and threads of it showing up in other products.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dog miners don't get drug tested

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mostly all companies don't drug test regularly OP most do drug test at the start of employment

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
do you get drug tested for jobs with the federal government? i wanna be a postman but also wanna smoke hella weed.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Line cooks

also retard masturbator

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

Basically no job drug tests regularly unless it's some top secret poo poo or something. Just don't smoke for a month before the test and you'll be fine.

Most companies won't give a poo poo if you fail your UT for weed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

do you get drug tested for jobs with the federal government? i wanna be a postman but also wanna smoke hella weed.

yeah undoubtedly. not regularly though.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My job doesn't, but we have a strict no Goons policy though; we can only have one (me).

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

grow magic mushrooms then go to burning man w/ like 2 lbs and make enough money to last until next burning man

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

cubicle gangster posted:

I had a conversation with our ceo and a partner recently about our times doing lsd and how much fun it all was. I'm also the boss of a guy who just booked a week off to an ayahuasca spiritual retreat where he gets hosed up non stop.
this is in the goon dreaded marketing uh oh.

psychedelics are for hipster startup capitalist trash

oval office

e: burning man too

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
bitcoin

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
White house secret service agent
FBI
CIA
MI6
Putin's bodyguard
Obama's personal chef
Anti-drug czar

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
President of the United States

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dog miner

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Otto von Ruthless posted:

"real jobs" generally dont drug test

so uh, good luck?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
the drug factory

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
GS11 2210 Series

:rolleyes:

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
No one drug tests for DEXTROMETHROPHAN HYDROBROMIDE! I advocate it's use by people with social anxiety.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just pass a drug test you pussy addict.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
carnivals

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
they're making a come back

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
5 guys

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
A/V industry. stick to the major cities. you can make that much, and more, within literally 2 years if you arent a total loving incompetent rear end in a top hat.

and they never drug test, the industry would fail. nobody has degrees either.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Be wary, OP. While it is true that many companies don't do random post-employment test (this depends on where you work, the randoms are a lot more common in the midwest / east coast because and illegal in some states) quite a few do hair these days which is a 3 month+ window. Also if you work in any kind of scenario where you could accidentally get hurt on the job, pretty much everybody will test you immediately if there's a reportable incident. This is usually more of a thing for the blue collar guys but anybody who works IT / Engineering / Finance etc. in a manufacturing or similiar environment has a chance.

Also if you're still in school, your grades won't mean poo poo if you don't have experience, which means internships, and they will probably pre-employment screen you for those too.

So realistically your best bet is to stop altogether now and not take it back up until after you get a job.

which probably won't happen because you're a goon which means you most likely lack the social skills to get any kind of a job, plus you make it seem like you don't really know/care what you want to do which means youll be mediocre at best at whatever that thing winds up being.

so if you're not gonna get a job anyway, just keep blazin' and don't worry about it would be my final vote.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

A/V industry. stick to the major cities. you can make that much, and more, within literally 2 years if you arent a total loving incompetent rear end in a top hat.

and they never drug test, the industry would fail. nobody has degrees either.

what is the "a/v industry"? like what kinds of jobs are those? like working in the home theater department at best buy, or...?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
just drink on of those 1 hour detox things, problem solve

or pick up some synthetic urine

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

what is the "a/v industry"? like what kinds of jobs are those? like working in the home theater department at best buy, or...?
for example:

http://www.psav.com/

if you have zero skills you will start as "bitch" who helps put up scaffolding and pushes buttons and sets up monitors and whatever. if you survive a few months, you become a pro bitch. if you arent a retard, you will become a supervisor of sorts, or sometimes lead on certain recurring shows. thats when you start making money, and coincidentally doing a whole lot less work (while assuming actual real responsibility though). as far as what you do you set up the audio and visuals for shows, conferences, and various other venues that require things like that such as schools, some government agencies, etc

(while psav is kind of the ubiquitous a/v company, its better to start at a "smaller" one, think sub 100 million in worth, if you have plans of moving up quickly)

why people wash out: the tolerance for loving up is basically zero. the show has to start, and it has to be on time. this isnt as hard as it sounds but again some people are incompetent. beyond that, its about the hours. the hours are intense, prepare for lots of OT and strange schedules

if you're really down on your luck and ready to make a huge change and want to have guaranteed work for as long as you care to then move to Vegas first then look for A/v. That's a 24/7 AV mecca

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 28, 2015

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

actor

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Realtalk Toys R Us doesn't hope you like kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Saw mills, unless your injured. Enjoy having missing fingers/limbs.

• Locked thread