Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Yeah that is that lovely avatar. Don't feel bad though most everyone here has lovely avatars, even the tall guys.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im only 6'2" but i can assure you it owns and is the perfect height cause i almost never bump my head on low hanging walls and ceilings n things like freakishly tall 6'5"+ folks

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

thathonkey posted:

Im only 6'2" but i can assure you it owns and is the perfect height cause i almost never bump my head on low hanging walls and ceilings n things like freakishly tall 6'5"+ folks

So you don't know what being 6'5" or taller is like. Thanks for helping us stay on topic.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i think you may have a brain problem and i say this out of lvoe

Liquideraser
Oct 21, 2008
Being tall sucks rear end.

You hit your head on everything:
tree branches
fans
doorways
car doors
stairwells
goalposts
signs
clotheslines
You don't fit into anything:
cars
airplanes
buses
trains
watercraft
chairs
pants
jackets
shirts
hiding places
and because you can't fit anywhere, give up on falling asleep in any of those places. I have never been comfortable enough to sleep in any of those places.
It takes 2x as much food for a tall person to gain weight than a short person.
Your limbs are longer which means you need more strength to do anything.
Your long limbs means weaker ligaments are cartilage which means more injuries.
You run slow as poo poo because moving your legs is like dragging giant tree trunks around
Lots of tall people have heart problems because their limbs are so far away from their heart their heart has to work extra hard.
Good luck having warm hands or feet ever because by the time the blood gets out there its cold as poo poo.
You're incredibly easy to notice in a crowd.
People are often intimidated by you ( which I guess is a good thing if you're into being a patronizing smug self-assured piece of poo poo)
People say dumb poo poo to you about being so tall all the time.
Your dick is the same size as everyone else's but since you're twice as tall as eveyone else your dick looks half as big
lovely girls who only care about how tall you are try and get in your poo poo
Having sex in the shower? Not possible.
Having sex anywhere that isn't a bed or the floor? Good luck

So maybe you should shut the gently caress up and stop hating yourself because of your body that you can't change and start hating yourself for being too afraid to ask your dad for some goddman respect.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Actually, it's good.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My friend is that tall. He hits his head a lot.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Apthous posted:

Another tall tale.

No, it's true. Being a tall man in a group is like being a moderately hot girl in a group of dorks; you get special status just for existing and another one of you entering the group threatens that. It's good for shorter people though, because we're way more willing to fetch things from the most naaaaaasty, hard to reach places once our position is under threat. Remember when I refused to get that coffee can of washers from the top shelf for you, because it was all dark and cobwebby? Oooh baby, I'll get all bit up by brown recluses for you now. Just don't forget who your gangly rear end friend is.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
This poo poo gay thread has reminded me I'm flying to Dublin tomorrow on a poo poo day budget airline I'm going to feel The Pain when the oval office in front of me puts his seat back.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
The cool thing about being taller than all tall girls is calling them shorty, they melt

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I looked up Tom Cruise because I thought he literally was a midget and apparently he's actually 5'7". He's still hilariously short though.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

britishbornandbread posted:

This poo poo gay thread has reminded me I'm flying to Dublin tomorrow on a poo poo day budget airline I'm going to feel The Pain when the oval office in front of me puts his seat back.

This poo poo gay post has reminded me that society wants me dead or in prison like I was black because I am short.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
fine i guess i can get down with some short shaming

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Liquideraser posted:

Being tall sucks rear end.
:words:

What? Are you high? (lol)

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tonsured posted:

There are far more unobtainable masculine traits people could be pining for other than height: wide shoulders, a barrel chest, a strong jaw, a honey soaked lion's voice with an infrasound resonance capable of instilling both fear and somehow trust in those around you. If we dig a little deeper I'm sure everyone can feel equally inadequate compared to me

other than the voice, those things are not universally liked among women the way height is

same way some guys like huge, huge comical tits and others like normal ones or don't really care about tits, because as they'll tell you it's really about the bass

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I looked up Tom Cruise because I thought he literally was a midget and apparently he's actually 5'7".

No, he's not--he's really 5'3".

If you're an actor under 6'0" you can bet your publicist will fudge your height by usually around 2-3", unless you have a legitimate athletic background like say The Rock where your real stats are already recorded.

Somebody post that picture of that midget Bono wearing 5 inch platform shoes hidden out of frame. I think he's listed as 5'7" too :jerkbag:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You know what women like more than height? Confidence.

Guess what short guys also lack?

Height Supremacists!

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Tall people rule.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Being 6'7" is pretty awesome now, but kinda sucked growing up in a house with 6' doorframes. The first time I got shloshed on tequila, I woke up sick, tried to charge to the bathroom, smashed the gently caress out of my head on the bathroom doorframe and puked all over the hallway. My mother was not amused the next morning.

Other than that, the only drawbacks are not being able to sneak away from my desk when all the cubicle walls are shoulder-height, and having to be mindful of my posture since desks and tables are all made for short people and I don't want to be a hunchback by the time I'm 50.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm 6'7", it's OK. I've never really thought about it as a good or bad thing but I have a short wife and she is convinced we get preferential treatment in certain situations when I'm present vs. when I'm not.
I think people definitely treat me one way at work where I'm sitting at a desk and another way in a situation where everybody's standing up, like a bar. It's not always better per se, it's just noticeably different.
Buying clothes is a difficult but the current fashion for long tshirts is pretty helpful, buying suits is not as difficult as you would think.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Tall people rule.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I didn't know they stacked poo poo that high!!!

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Shiki Dan posted:

Somebody post that picture of that midget Bono wearing 5 inch platform shoes hidden out of frame. I think he's listed as 5'7" too :jerkbag:

Even a German chancellor can look more charismatic than this gremlin.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
LMAO Bruno Mars

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
wow bruno mars is really short

Like a child

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Case in point...Bruno Mars is listed as 5'5".

Taylor Swift is 5'10" and with heels probably around 6'2".
Drop the hat, and she's an entire head and torso taller.

So yeah...he's "5'5" when you count his hat and shoe lifts.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im 3 stories tall

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

mysterious frankie posted:

No, it's true. Being a tall man in a group is like being a moderately hot girl in a group of dorks; you get special status just for existing and another one of you entering the group threatens that. It's good for shorter people though, because we're way more willing to fetch things from the most naaaaaasty, hard to reach places once our position is under threat. Remember when I refused to get that coffee can of washers from the top shelf for you, because it was all dark and cobwebby? Oooh baby, I'll get all bit up by brown recluses for you now. Just don't forget who your gangly rear end friend is.

Haha yeah, like the tall guy in a group of nerds isn't the most awkward out of the gang most of the time. Case in point, the proportionally high percentage of seemingly tall/freakish tall guys on SA.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Apthous posted:

6'3" is still midget territory. Better luck next lifetime.

hang on a decade ago 6'1"-6'3" was considered perfect

what the hell happened when did everyone on the planet get together and decide to raise it to 6'5"? 6'2" is taller than 99.999% of the women on the planet...

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

its cool

but then sometimes, like, your sister asks you to drive her car for whatever reason and then you have to try to jam yourself into some loving mitsubishi made for tiny japanese people

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
people either hate me or worship me as a god

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
statistics show that most really tall people are very depressed and sad in the brains

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Most people you meet will tell you "Wow you're really tall!" with a big stupid smile on their face and if you don't humor them for their keen observation they act offended.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

statistics show that most really tall people are very depressed and sad in the brains

well there is a strong correlation between altitude and depression

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Whole Internet posted:

also between flyover status and suicide

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

How do that many people live in Ohio and not kill themselves? It makes no loving sense.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

they have more high stuff to jump off, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

How do that many people live in Ohio and not kill themselves? It makes no loving sense.

The cost of living is low so less stress about food, clothing, shelter, everyone can afford cable tv and huge fattening delicious meals, and everyone else is dumpy and fat too so you feel fine

• Locked thread