Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Tangra posted:

Cls: I gots no jerbs

I want to do art instead

Can I make a living?! It's for research

i do it but move somewhere real cheap and slash your spending to nothing. medical guinea pigging and freelance work help

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

is it a ~*premium deluxe*~ service to bilk teh rich? i've known a few dog walkers who made good bank by soliciting to moneyed neighborhoods

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

hail this page

page 219 at 2:19pm

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

making moves to go to Toronto and Montreal for two days each once my passport gets back, what are the yospos-suggested activities?

i can suggest a bunch of things but it depends on what you're into and what neighborhoods you're visiting. what dates are you here for?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

dates are fluid, depending on when my passport gets in

I'm big into music, so I'd like to check out the scene in either city, cool shops, food, anything really. it's only four nights so I can't imagine burning out on either too quickly

I also have a trip on the back burner that involves going from Chicago to Seattle by train (<48 hours and $200) with a stop in glacier park mt

cool! i'll pm you with a bunch of info

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if you're in mtl between the 27th to the 1st definitely check out MUTEK. otherwise there are good events going on constantly and my suggestions will differ depending on the dates you decide on. i will sned a sperg list to you in a bit. skip smokes poutine imo it's a national chain (not that that's a bad thing it's just not amazing. ) stereotypical montreal poutine suggestion would be to hit up la banquise and hang out in Parc Lafontaine, but i usually go to a local greasy spoon. i have too many resto suggestions. for upper tier maybe "obvious" suggestions Parc in westmount is amazing, Joe Beef around there is also excellent and st. henri is in gentrification mode so there are a cute shops cropping up. i usually frequent the Little Italy / Parc Extension / Mile End area. o lol a yospos suggestion, hit up the Cat Cafe.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it's good. speaking of ny the super cheap hasidic bus from montreal to new york has stopped serving gentiles :(

o pointers sedmikrasky was v. good t.hanks for the suggestion

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

pointers posted:

If you are young enough to wanna be surrounded by hipsters drum circles and larpers smoking pot and are in Montreal on a Sunday go to tam tams

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

my wife and i were talking about it and we think that (morbidly obese levels of) fat acceptance and dadbod are extremely lovely reactions to bad aspects of our culture

two wrongs don't make a right or something like that

slovenly ≈ lovely son :confused:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wish McDonald's delivered.

this signals the end of times

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

i personally don't like mcdonalds v much because they use too much salt

mcdonalds fries make my lips burn lol

ask for salt-less fries and then salt them yourself. one weird trick for fresh fries

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

paypal is terrible, take this as on opportunity to never use their services again

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Bad Sneakers posted:

the small asian grocery around here is the only place i can find mochi ice cream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iisOssAvc6c :iamafag:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Bad Sneakers posted:

last night when i got up to use the bathroom my eyes were so swollen from pollen allergies i could barely open them

yet i am still looking forward to being able to get a cat, which i am also allergic to

this is me. i've grown a bit of a tolerance to the cat allergies living with one, it's not as bad as it was.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol brain amoebas

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

pineapple on pizza is good, especially when combined with ham or sausage

its true

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

As a Millennial I posted:

how the hell does somebody become like that person

goons

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

I live in Turku and work in wholesale so I never buy alcohol from Alko. It's all from a boat or corruption.

But loving bars... 6.90e for a small pint gently caress my life.

jerry drink the Kilju

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

-some- of the crazy potential side effects are what was experienced while some individual was on the drugs, and could be from issues unrelated to the drug itself or some strange contradiction, but still has to be listed

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

To a large degree, I think that our parents' generation is so hosed up because they eschewed the things that make for a happy life (other people, a rich community) and opted instead for isolation, more belongings, and the "luxury" of more room than the next guy even if they didn't fill it with anything.

i had a few conversations with extended family, where they couldn't comprehend "community" or "culture" as real things or reasons to move away from home

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

0.3 to 0.4 l

i knew some punks from finland who would just brew their own kilju for cheap booze if they weren't bringing poo poo back from estonia, what is your experience with this finnish delicacy

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

Tusken Takk took a picture of himself molesting a dog in a kennel and posted it here.

horse mans hosed him in that very kennel

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

maniacdevnull posted:

Separation of church and state means take your church out of the state because I'm smarter than religion havers and god cannot possibly be real so gently caress you

^ lol
solution: turn churches into condos

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

She's pissing her life away on having a new truck. lmao

the dying in debt strategy

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

but then how will God know you were a Real Man

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:quig:

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 13, 2015

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

is there a reason we're concerned about sagebrush and not just assuming he's not posting for some reason?

last posts were about motorcycling + multiple other yosdeaths

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:quig:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

don't
use
javascript

javascript is Good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:420:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Chorrax posted:

a woman I work with has ", B.A." after her name in her email sig

my license plate has "bmed" on it. i've been unironically asked a few times if it meant "bachelors of medicine"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

next week on dr phil - some woman that stat raped a 15 yo boy

i'm confused why do these horrible people go on tv?

narcissism?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Nash Regex posted:

cat was def. the hardest thing to move from my apartments. good luck.

i have to transport my cat 5,000km. i don't know how that's going to happen.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

maybe. it hates car travel and will have a panic attack and mess heself. it also hates airplanes and will flip the gently caress out and you can't give them kitty-xanax or it's heart will stop in the air for whatever reason . last 1300km trip it destroyed a carrier within 30 minutes.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

kwinkles posted:

i took two cats between austin and philly for waifu's grad school. valium is to cat travel as the flux capacitor is to time travel, it makes cat travel possible.

ty. perhaps i was given bad information wrt benzos + cats + airplanes

Graff posted:

a duck ate my weed once when i was in holland

haa. a friendly bird flew off with my joint one time

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba3M6PQ4Yf4

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

prefect posted:

gently caress that; you don't want to accidentally give these people a good time :mad:

(the above statement is sarcastic/mocking)

well, in some places in america, the death cocktail is large doses of barbiturates + hydromorphone (dilauded). if you have a tolerance to these things i imagine it would be pretty sweet before they get the dosage right and actually kill you

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

I had a bizarre dream that my farts were in a museum and you could get a guided tour of them. what the hell

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sniep posted:

both at the same time ?

death erection

• Locked thread