Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
apple
was better with stebe
should know better than to piss me off
should bring back the iphone 4
is crazy for pricing gold watches over 1k
should make me a sandwich
is doing the best it can
is the worst
checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

neonbregna posted:

Timb may be about to do it again. if me and this female bond over our devotion to apple and I get to her to touch my penis I will tithe to apple every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

on the other hand, having a huge metal rod in the end of my dick? you know it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thats actually the johnonny 290

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

this is an illegal image, Larry

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 1, 2015

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hey larry i had to remove your images. due to the very real presence of severe mental disorders among broken YOSPOS regulars i have banned Suicide Requests in YOSPOS, and I typically probe for them on sight. I understand thats not clearly written in the rules thread whcih i should update so please take heed, and be well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

hey larry i had to remove your images. due to the very real presence of severe mental disorders among broken YOSPOS regulars i have banned Suicide Requests in YOSPOS, and I typically probe for them on sight. I understand thats not clearly written in the rules thread whcih i should update so please take heed, and be well.

i can understand not wanting to be That One IK Who Had Made 8 Yosposers Kill Themselves, but at the same time, nobody will miss the cat thread wierdos.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Skarp posted:

i got these done about 3 months ago ish

sorry for the big image

I've been saying for months that tattoos are trashy, thanks for backing me up.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21054833&postcount=2
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21054864&postcount=4

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
And I'm going to reiterate the reality of what happens when you buy a premium product: You are supposed to get some serious customer care. None of these were prepped from day zero, and Apple should have done a better job communicating that.

Couple that with reports of faulty taptic engines, annoying e-mails of "it's here!", and radio silence that's just unacceptable.

Many folks who are not used to that level of care generally are ok with just saying "oh it's whatever, they don't owe anything".

That, if you haven't figured this out yet, is not acceptable at this price point.

Why do you think things like priority screening and boarding at airports exist? First / Business Classes Exist on flights? Premium Executive / Black Credit cards with personal concierges lines? Business and Executive access to private clubs and events?

Upsizing on your lunch combo meal is not "buying premium stuff". You might be alright with just laying back and just accepting things as they are. Some of us actually put our cash to work, and where we do spend actually does matter.

Atrocious and "moot" your actual point turns out, otherwise you would understand these finer points.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
uh I'm pretty sure you get that with the apple watch edition edition what the hell

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

posting like a touch arcade poster

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Skarp posted:

sorry for the big image

Jesus cmon nsfw and spoiler that poo poo, some of us browse at work dammit

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

maniacdevnull posted:

Jesus cmon nsfw and spoiler that poo poo, some of us browse at work dammit

I didn't see the weird goatee and seriously thought someone posted nudes when I first saw this.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a woman should be allowed to be as shirtless as any man

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Apple Watch **might** be the biggest Failure to Launch from Apple yet. At some point they need to communicate with their customers. All the hype and build up for this watch has mislead people into thinking that they would have received their watches already. The company has placed watches on the wrist of celebrities but has made them out of reach for the majority of people who ordered them. This week we hear from the Wall Street Journal that apple has a problem with the "taptic" engine on the watch. Getting this information second hand has only expounded the frustration from their customer base. Apple should have never launched this product when they did and owe their entire customer base an apology. At the very minimum they should let the customers who have already ordered know what the issues have been. Their customer service department should contact the customers directly as opposed to leaking information through news outlets.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

a woman should be allowed to be as shirtless as any man

ironically it's our very own yosposter a who will report someone for boobies

it's hard to fight for freedom when the people you are fighting against life in your bathroom under the sink

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm considering getting an Apple Watch for my wife. My concern is that she isn't always in close proximity to her iPhone. Men typically keep their iPhones in their pants pocket, so they will always get the full functionality of the Apple Watch whenever they want. It seems that women keep their's in their purse, which could be nearby (bluetooth would work), but other times, it's not (my wife leaves her purse/iPhone in different rooms in the house during the day).

How have the women out there been faring with their Apple Watches? Has this been a major issue for you?

Thanks.

:biotruths:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

re: the thread title: pretend i ironically posted cremnob's entire post history

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

fart simpson posted:

re: the thread title: pretend i ironically posted cremnob's entire post history

pretend i did this but unironically

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

john gruber, all of it.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
(The digital crown does feel somewhat different than I recall from my hands-on time back in September, but that could be faulty memory on my part. My recollection from September was that it had more of an oily feel, more lubricity.)

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I decided to shower with my Sport model watch this morning. (I Have AppleCare+) As I was showering, the phone rang and I answered it. Had to hold close to my ear due to the sound of the shower. It worked like a charm, no damage whatsoever! Then I placed a call just to try it...worked well.

:pervert:

Romulan Hippie
Aug 23, 2005
that was a fat kid
f

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dirk Pitt posted:

I decided to shower with my Sport model watch this morning. (I Have AppleCare+) As I was showering, the phone rang and I answered it. Had to hold close to my ear due to the sound of the shower. It worked like a charm, no damage whatsoever! Then I placed a call just to try it...worked well.

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

Skarp posted:

sorry for the big image

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
kanye west calling his friends from the shower, cause his lifes so dope

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

nothing says "rebellious" like misquoting a corporate slogan across your forearm.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

somebody once told me

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Dolomite posted:

those are some nice titties

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

its all ogre now

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ultrasonic Cleaning = No more Activate on Wrist Raise? Anybody try this? I did today (took the bands off) and it seems to have worked great! Super clean, it's only submerged in a couple of inches of water for a couple minutes, so absolutely no water damage. But... now the wrist detection does not work AT ALL!? Coincidence? I'm not sure exactly how cleaning could damage that component but maybe it did? I shut the watch down prior to the cleaning of course. Anybody else tried this and had a different result? I'm gonna have to get it replaced I guess. Any ideas on how to reset/fix the motion sensor? What a bummer!

time to get my watch replaced by apple since I decided to use an ultra sonic cleaner on it. :downs:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

time to get my watch replaced by apple since I decided to use an ultra sonic cleaner on it. :downs:

However, some electronic components, notably MEMS devices such as gyroscopes, accelerometers and microphones can become damaged or destroyed by the high intensity vibrations they are subjected to during cleaning. 

hurrr but I use it to clean my other watchers just fine :downs:

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I love how the people in the ultrasonic cleaning thread are like "It should be fine! Ultrasonic cleaners are how they clean watches!" While that is technically true, it's part of the servicing process where the watch and its movement are totally disassembled and the casing along with the individual parts of the movement are all cleaned separately from each other. The worst part with dip shits like this is they just go to the Apple Store and are like "Gee I don't know it just stopped working it's so weird!" which only inevitably causes things to tighten up for people with actual legitimate problems not caused by their own stupidity.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
buying an apple iwatch is a result of stupidity

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Shaggar posted:

buying an apple iwatch is a result of stupidity

Same could be said for any Apple product really.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you can atleast install windows on a mac book so its not as stupid as the iwatch but its still pretty stupid.

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.
Why buy an iPhone

and then an iPad and also a Macbook

and then an iTouch? (Do they even still do those?)

and then also an iWatch

how much personal computing do you need on your person at any given time before the combined vibration of all of your devices upon receiving a notification causes you to explode and shatter into a million glass shards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

GoldenTeeth posted:

Why buy an iPhone

and then an iPad and also a Macbook

and then an iTouch? (Do they even still do those?)

and then also an iWatch

how much personal computing do you need on your person at any given time before the combined vibration of all of your devices upon receiving a notification causes you to explode and shatter into a million glass shards

quite a bit, all of those vibrate less than a lawn mower or leaf blower

also ipods touch are for children that can't be trusted with a more expensive iphone

• Locked thread