Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

SkyEnzo posted:

I like it because people donate to me for more gameplay.

Her entire career is pandering to neckbeards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgBMavnaFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

cams posted:

oh man this is that girl

that is loving hilarious. i have a certain kind of respect for someone who completely sells out so successfully. fascinating.

i've said this like 10 times in this thread but kaceytron and girls like her are loving geniuses and deserve some sort of recognition for how brilliant they are at running their businesses.

when i first saw kaceytron's stream, she was just yelling at people in her chat for using sexually abusive language when she played league of legends and i'm like "oh, that's a huge bummer. why would anyone subject themselves to that?"

then a while later, i check it again, exact same thing. when i realized that she does it on purpose and people love her for it. it is mind boggling to me but she is probably pulling in six figures a year by having nerds say terrible things at her while she plays video games. this brilliance needs to be recognized.

I watched Kaceytron's stream yesterday and as soon as I logged on she was crying because people were accusing her of being a "thief" for exploiting nerds for $5 donations. She actually had the offending comments superimposed on the video. She seemed genuinely upset and annoyed and I wondered why she was subjecting herself to it, never mind calling attention to the verbal abuse. I guess the idea is that her fans will donate to cheer her up?

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

What I want to know is where do people like that get the money to keep shoveling it to twitch.tv girls, you'd think they'd be squatting under a bridge with some t-bird yelling about the government

I don't think there are enough Rain Man idiot savants out there to keep this bubble afloat but I've been wrong before

They probably either live with their parents and can afford to spend their entire paycheck on non-necessities, or they have a well-paying IT career.

• Locked thread