Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mill Village posted:

David Vonderhaar has been dropping some tidbits about this game on his twitter. He is emphasizing that the multiplayer is in Pre-Pre-Alpha, so these things are subject to change (especially the perks).

-Ghost will again only hide you from UAVs while you are moving.
-A Scorestreak like the VSAT is returning. He emphasized the like part, so its probably another version of the Advanced UAV from MW3.
-Wall-running is on set lines and you cannot change your elevation.
-Scorestreaks cannot be assigned by class. He says it encourages risk/reward.
-Melee attacks are a 2 hit kill unless you equip the Knife.
-There will be fall damage
-Flak Jacket is back and it currently works like it did in BLOPS 2.
-No toughness
-Scavenger is back (no details beyond that)
-C4 cannot be detonated until they land.
-:siren:You can see your feet.:siren:

These are all good! Hopefully it turns out good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Stux posted:

these are all terrible. 2 hit melee? jesus christ :cripes:

2 hit melee only applies to panic knifing, it's still a OHK when the knife is equipped.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Javes posted:

2 hit melee only applies to panic knifing, it's still a OHK when the knife is equipped.

i know, and its awful

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

If the knife mechanics function the same as they did in Blops2, I hope its possible to pistol-whip someone using a knife if they gently caress up and miss. That has prime death mic potential.

#BlackOpsMatter

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Mill Village posted:

Game ruined before it's even released.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Lmao david wonderhair still making teenage angst shooters

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Game ruined before it's even released.

C4 comes with a prox sensor, which should make for some fun moments.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

C4 change is good, there was no other reason to use any other equipment. 2 hit melee is amazing. No toughness is good (crutch perks are dumb). Now if only goons would play a CoD for more than a month :(

I played Blops 2 all the way through and I played Ghosts for a long long while. poo poo I played for about a month after the last map pack released before I finally just got sick of it and sold it off. Advanced Warfare is the first one that just caused me to not want to play.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I actually gave up ghosts about 6 months in, but the clan tag was pretty barren even then. Then again Ghosts was absolute poo poo. I think AW just came at a bad time and I need a break from shootyman games for a bit. I'm excited for Zombies though even though I'm terrible at them. I'm glad it's going to be a new story since I've missed most of the last Blops zombies maps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do we really care about another Call of Duty without Kevin Spacey in it?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

David Vonderhaar has been dropping some tidbits about this game on his twitter. He is emphasizing that the multiplayer is in Pre-Pre-Alpha, so these things are subject to change (especially the perks).

-Ghost will again only hide you from UAVs while you are moving.
-A Scorestreak like the VSAT is returning. He emphasized the like part, so its probably another version of the Advanced UAV from MW3.
-Wall-running is on set lines and you cannot change your elevation.
-Scorestreaks cannot be assigned by class. He says it encourages risk/reward.
-Melee attacks are a 2 hit kill unless you equip the Knife.
-There will be fall damage
-Flak Jacket is back and it currently works like it did in BLOPS 2.
-No toughness
-Scavenger is back (no details beyond that)
-:siren:You can see your feet.:siren:

gently caress wall running. If there's boost jumping, I may rethink my plan to buy this game. That's Titanfall, not Call of Duty. Also, gently caress that C4 change. I suppose I should feel grateful that they're bringing it back at all, but I don't like super nerfing it so the MLG pubbies will quit their bitching. And there's nothing wrong with the VSAT, don't fix it if it isn't broken.

Other than that, those all sound good. I don't know why seeing your feet is so loving essential, but fine. Maybe we can convince pubbies that there's a secret achievement for shooting yourself in the foot.

Javes posted:

Now if only goons would play a CoD for more than a month :(

Several of us (me, Ty, Knight, Mill, Moose, venutolo to a lesser extent, etc.) played Black Ops 2 from when it came out up through the first two months after Advanced Warfare was released. I think Ghosts broke all of us by being so awful, and AW was more of a Halo game than a COD game with all of the exo poo poo, which turned off the entire BLOPS 2 crew I played with. And even if you enjoyed AW, the idiotic thing they do with the DLC where you can only play it in its own playlist until the next DLC is released has kept multiplayer from staying interesting. Maybe if they release a COD game that actually plays more like COD and keep it interesting with new multiplayer maps that you can play instantly in all playlists, everyone will stick around a bit longer. I have some faith because Treyarch has historically made good COD games, but it seems like they're taking the series in a direction that makes it less like the COD we remember and all got hooked on and more like Titanfall, Halo, etc.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Very few of us actually care about playing Call of Duty, we just want to hang out and chat with our CoD bros while coincidental shootymans happens in the background.

That coincidental shootymans just has to be fun, otherwise we don't sign on to chat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i care about cod and AW is great

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lets rank cod games from best to worst ok go:

mw2
mw3
AW
mw1
blops2
blops1
WaW
ghosts

1-3 not included because who cares about them at all

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Stux posted:

Why is it that all your opinions are dumb?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Black Ops 1 is my favorite.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Stux posted:

lets rank cod games from best to worst ok go:

Hey man thats a real cool list, here's my list

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

insert venutolo_speedtest.png

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Gordon Shumway posted:

gently caress wall running. If there's boost jumping, I may rethink my plan to buy this game. That's Titanfall, not Call of Duty. Also, gently caress that C4 change. I suppose I should feel grateful that they're bringing it back at all, but I don't like super nerfing it so the MLG pubbies will quit their bitching. And there's nothing wrong with the VSAT, don't fix it if it isn't broken.

As was previously said, C4 was getting to the point that it entirely outclassed any other explosive equipment. There is no way that something like that was going to get by a proper balancing without a nerf of some kind. IMO taking away air bursting but increasing the default explosive damage/range and adding a proximity sensor is a pretty fair trade. Then again I wasn't the biggest user of C4, so I'm probably biased.

Gordon Shumway posted:

I have some faith because Treyarch has historically made good COD games, but it seems like they're taking the series in a direction that makes it less like the COD we remember and all got hooked on and more like Titanfall, Halo, etc.

But then if they don't change anything they get complaints about it being the exact same game. At this point it's almost impossible to not alienate some part of the fanbase. If it makes you feel any better what I've been hearing is that it does still feel pretty much like BO2 with a flatter, three-lane design and the new movement stuff is mostly just gimmicks that aren't essential to doing well (i.e. the ziplines from BO1).

Gordon Shumway posted:

Several of us (me, Ty, Knight, Mill, Moose, venutolo to a lesser extent, etc.) played Black Ops 2 from when it came out up through the first two months after Advanced Warfare was released. I think Ghosts broke all of us by being so awful, and AW was more of a Halo game than a COD game with all of the exo poo poo, which turned off the entire BLOPS 2 crew I played with.

I'm still hoping to get the entire nightly HC crew back together someday as those were probably my favorite CoD sessions to date. Here's hoping BO3 HC modes have teamkilling! :commissar:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

JetpackJeezus posted:

As was previously said, C4 was getting to the point that it entirely outclassed any other explosive equipment. There is no way that something like that was going to get by a proper balancing without a nerf of some kind. IMO taking away air bursting but increasing the default explosive damage/range and adding a proximity sensor is a pretty fair trade. Then again I wasn't the biggest user of C4, so I'm probably biased.

But then if they don't change anything they get complaints about it being the exact same game. At this point it's almost impossible to not alienate some part of the fanbase. If it makes you feel any better what I've been hearing is that it does still feel pretty much like BO2 with a flatter, three-lane design and the new movement stuff is mostly just gimmicks that aren't essential to doing well (i.e. the ziplines from BO1).

I'm still hoping to get the entire nightly HC crew back together someday as those were probably my favorite CoD sessions to date. Here's hoping BO3 HC modes have teamkilling! :commissar:

Ziplines owned. They were the best feature of Kowloon.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

JetpackJeezus posted:

I miss that poo poo. I usually prefer HC these days.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wazzit posted:

:pwn:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Now that we're on internet/speedtest chat: My town is getting gigabit internet next month, I'm tempted to switch over. $99/month with a two year contract, which is over twice what I'm paying now. I have now idea how much gigabit internet usually costs in the U.S., is that reasonable?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
"Pistols cost a point and I think they need to be as viable as anything else that cost a point." After two years of garbage pistols, this is so refreshing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:jerkbag:

Somehow I doubt they'll be as good as an LMG or assault rifle...

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Any word on blowing up your teammates with explosive barrels? That was one of the best things about Blops

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

I doubt that too, but in Blops 2 I could have fun/do OK running one of the semi-auto pistols as a primary, and I missed that in Ghosts/AW.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Actually,

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'll admit, I would love to have my CZ75 back. Jack Bauer'ing like a badass :twentyfour: motherfucker

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 4, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Wazzit posted:

Hey brother man :(:hf::(

Oh, also, AT&T has a 150GB monthly cap and if you go over it, it's $10 per 50GB "data pack". I sure am glad we're in a new console generation so all the download sizes are skyrocketing.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I'd love to have good pistols because we all know the 14 year olds will be upset if you keep owning them with one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CoD4 on the silo map was the only time I've ever been (verbally) accused of using a modded controller with a pistol.

Those were the days. :allears:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I got that a lot in MW2 with the FAL, I think it was. Silenced with the ACOG I could put four shots in a dude from across the map before they realized they were getting shot.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
you should try it with the holo sight bro

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That might be what I meant. Is that the one that had the glitch that boosted its damage? MW2 was forever ago so I barely remember.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Javes posted:

Now that we're on internet/speedtest chat: My town is getting gigabit internet next month, I'm tempted to switch over. $99/month with a two year contract, which is over twice what I'm paying now. I have now idea how much gigabit internet usually costs in the U.S., is that reasonable?

Google Fiber is $70 a month for gigabit with no contract, but that's google. I don't think there is any other real comparison from any other company on residential gigiabit.

Also, gently caress you.

That's all.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nighthand posted:

That might be what I meant. Is that the one that had the glitch that boosted its damage? MW2 was forever ago so I barely remember.

The holo sight made the FAL a two shot kill at close range.
The ACOG was for the M40 sniper rifle in CoD4. Boosted the damage to one hit anywhere on the body.

Quickscopers never had it so good since.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Are we going to play BLOPS 2 again or is everyone just taking a break until BLOPS 3 comes out?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Are we going to play BLOPS 2 again or is everyone just taking a break until BLOPS 3 comes out?

Pick a time and date bro, I don't go in for blind guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I will play Blops 2 again, I'll even play Blops 1 or Modern Warfare 3.

• Locked thread