Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this the best thing ever?
Yes
gently caress yes
It's up there
I'm gay
View Results

• Locked thread
LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Joey McChrist posted:

get that man a psychic call-in hotline stat

99% of the call responses are "you're gonna cry yourself to sleep tonight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Did this one get posted yet?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Joey McChrist posted:

get that man a psychic call-in hotline stat

He'd fit right in because pyramid schemes are based on triangles.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
He should have been DQed in every one of his fights for eyepoking

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I agree, Lord Waffle Beard.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at everything.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

quote:

Tixier told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that felonies and misdemeanors are not put on the same charging document in New Mexico. Jones is currently being charged with a felony: leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury. He was arrested Monday night and will be arraigned Tuesday afternoon with regards to that charge. Any marijuana possession charge would be a misdemeanor, Tixier said. The thinking behind the state precedent, Tixier said, is that it doesn't give the defendant the ability to just take a plea deal for the misdemeanor. Jones is facing the felony charge right now and the marijuana possession charge could be revisited later, either by law enforcement, the prosecution or if the felony case goes to a grand jury.

Sounds like he'll actually be prosecuted twice and, I'm not a lawyer, but he might have trouble getting a plea deal?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm pretty sure you can just about always get a plea deal, it just becomes a worse deal the more evidence they have against you. Generally prosecutor's don't like going to trial due to the time, expense, and possibility of a not guilty verdict. The only exception I can think of is when a prosecutor is seeking the death penalty, which can obviously only be obtained from a guilty trial verdict.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

He should have been DQed in every one of his fights for eyepoking

we're thinking it and you're saying it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
http://youtubedoubler.com/fgvF

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

colonel_korn posted:

Did this one get posted yet?

yeah but it's not like i'm getting tired of it

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I don't know why Jones doesn't just own the fact that he's a horrible human being and find peace with himself. His holier than thou facade has been shattered a long rear end time ago.

Has anyone made a Saint Row reenactment yet? He could even do the crouch chop before he leaves the scene.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
You lost your spot when your drug test popped
Snortin blow, now you're pissing hot
But da game been good to me

You wrecked your car, confined to your house
Now your ocelot's pissing all over your couch

First title fight short notice and you won that gold
Fuckin up your life, coke whiter than Michelle Ould
Rent a lot of cars, wreck 'em and those hos
Say you lost your Nike deal, bitch they don't make MMA clothes

Get disrespected everywhere you go
Greg Jackson ain't say hit and run was one of your nodes
They already know you got poo poo on your name
Herb, they gonna take your belt, take your fame
Take your cats, Snowball King sash, just you watch
You playin' good Christian boy, bitch you need to stop

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Holy smokes

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So he's totally boned, right?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
How much money does a popular guy like him make per UFC fight? I know it's not F You money like Floyd Maywether makes, but it has to be enough that you should never have to be driving yourself around a New Mexican shithole, right?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

natetimm posted:

How much money does a popular guy like him make per UFC fight? I know it's not F You money like Floyd Maywether makes, but it has to be enough that you should never have to be driving yourself around a New Mexican shithole, right?

UFC fighter pay is incredibly opaque, but Jones is was almost certainly making low 7 figures.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

You lost your spot when your drug test popped
Snortin blow, now you're pissing hot

You wrecked your car, confined to your house
Now your ocelot's pissing all over your couch

First title fight short notice and you won that gold
Fuckin up your life, coke whiter than Michelle Ould
Rent a lot of cars, wreck 'em and those hos
Say you lost your Nike deal, bitch they don't make MMA clothes

Get disrespected everywhere you go
Greg Jackson ain't say hit and run was one of your nodes
They already know you got poo poo on your name
Herb, they gonna take your belt, take your fame
Take your cats, Snowball King sash, just you watch
You playin' good Christian boy, bitch you need to stop

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

natetimm posted:

After bonuses and backstage pay I've heard anywhere from 3-5 million.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

eric posted:

After bonuses and backstage pay I've heard anywhere from 3-5 million.

He defended his belt what, 8 times? So even lowballing it and not counting any of his pre-champ fights he's worth at least 20 mil on fights alone not counting endorsements? This is why rappers and football players have posses. Jon Jones needs a posse.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think Jon Jones knows he could pay someone to drive him around. Jon Jones enjoys driving while high and drunk because every time he gets away with it he feels good. He feels good so he does more drugs, then drives more places, and he does this for months and months until he hits something.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
For 20 mil he could be doing way better things than driving drunk like paying midgets to fight to the death while doing lines of dessicated baby foreskin in Thailand. Or something.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

natetimm posted:

Jones has two brothers who are both NFL players with pay in the low millions and they've openly said he makes more than them combined.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
The real question is how much money does Jones have after taxes and cocaine are taken out.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Jack Anderson posted:

So he's totally boned, right?

he's probably going to get a misdemeanor and have a civil suit with the woman he hit. he's not going to jail or anything.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The real question is how much money does Jones have after taxes and cocaine are taken out.

After taxes? Probably closer to 1.8 mil per fight

After cocaine? The clothes he's presently wearing and half of his cat

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

taxes go out, cocaine goes in. jeeze

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

-Atom- posted:

he's probably going to get a misdemeanor and have a civil suit with the woman he hit. he's not going to jail or anything.

You actually don't have the slightest clue what's gonna happen

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
He has a history of drug use, a felony at least upcoming, and is an easy mark for a prosecutor looking to make a name. He also injured someone. He could end up doing anything from a year to nothing depending on the DA.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
she just broke her arm guys. it wasn't serious bodily injury or death so if you're expecting Jon to get a felony or anything along those lines you're kind of kidding yourselves

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I would say that a broken arm would, yes, qualify as serious bodily injury.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jones lost a ton of fans back when he bragged about being a snitch, how perfect that he went down for not only drugs but being a general piece of poo poo as well. he's finally exposed. still i feel bad for enjoying someone's suffering so much. it would have been way cooler if AJ just knocked him out instead.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

she just broke her arm guys. it wasn't serious bodily injury or death so if you're expecting Jon to get a felony or anything along those lines you're kind of kidding yourselves

If he just ran from the accident, it would be a misdemeanor. New Mexico law specifically states that it becomes a felony once someone is injured in the hit and run. Doesn't matter how bad the injury is, it is still a felony. From what I understand, the broken arm means it is like a grade-3 felony, so it's not as serious if she would have died, but it is still a felony.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

tesilential posted:

jones lost a ton of fans back when he bragged about being a snitch,

I think it's time we all admit Jon Jones never snitched on anybody. There was only one boy who hid weed in his textbook at his school, and that boy was Jon Jones, and he went home and smoked it. Years later in an interview he fabricated the whole story for his image.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Anecdotal, but here in CA, I had a co-worker get a DUI in a bad bike crash where he hurt himself significantly. They counted his own injuries against him and made it a felony. He got a year but he had at least 1 previous DUI and will probably only do 6 months.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

fwiw Anderson made about 6 million for the Nick Diaz fight and I've heard GSP net worth is in the 20-30 million range, though GSP doesn't seem like a guy who blows lots of money on stupid poo poo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

I think it's time we all admit Jon Jones never snitched on anybody. There was only one boy who hid weed in his textbook at his school, and that boy was Jon Jones, and he went home and smoked it. Years later in an interview he fabricated the whole story for his image.

He was probably smoking pcp and hallucinated the whole thing.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Who gives a poo poo if she just broke her arm? He's a retard who ran a red light and ploughed his car into a pregnant woman. He's crazy lucky she didn't miscarry or worse.

Real talk, the apologetic poo poo ain't really that funny anyway, but it's doubly so when you're trying to spin him being a oval office to this degree into something that's not so bad.

He's also pretty lucky he's Jon Jones because if it were my family, I'd go beat the long streak of piss into a wheelchair for the rest of his days. I guess I'd take around 5 baseball bats and try to do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Aurain posted:

Who gives a poo poo if she just broke her arm? He's a retard who ran a red light and ploughed his car into a pregnant woman. He's crazy lucky she didn't miscarry or worse.

Real talk, the apologetic poo poo ain't really that funny anyway, but it's doubly so when you're trying to spin him being a oval office to this degree into something that's not so bad.

He's also pretty lucky he's Jon Jones because if it were my family, I'd go beat the long streak of piss into a wheelchair for the rest of his days. I guess I'd take around 5 baseball bats and try to do it anyway.

Having a colleague who lost his wife and spent 5 months in a coma last year after a drunk driver hit them puts this into perspective for me.

Jones is a POS regardless of the injuries he caused this time, and should at the very least get a lifetime ban from driving, year in jail and get sued.

If I was that rich I'd have a driver on call regardless of whether I'm drunk or not.

2nd point, have any of you heard the rumours that Malki Kawa is a former drug dealer and may still dabble in sourcing the good stuff for his friends?

• Locked thread