Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crossposting from Online. Sports!

https://youtu.be/I3U8GrYL-GY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Anybody know the ETA for when the new single player trainers are coming out since the latest patch?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
WHY CANT I HUG LESTER :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2HPSFis0o4

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Haven't been able to upload poo poo out of the Editor tonight, everything just sits at "Uploading" and never changes. There's been a video in "processing" on my channel for like 2 hours now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A couple of weeks ago we did a GTA race on the golfcourse. I swear to god I had a ton more clips but in the end there were only one or two :smith:

I edited them out of spite regardless, but man it's rare I forget to record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4RAUm5hqc

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Ceci n'est pas un flip arrière.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3whu9VL_E

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 3, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

xergm posted:

People are making some magical things with director mode so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbYn8pHpuY

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

xergm posted:

People are making some magical things with director mode so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbYn8pHpuY
Yeah I accidentally skipped this one. How is this looking so different from other stuff? Is it the DOF and motion blur or am I missing something?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The Iron Rose posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

I'm seriously considering buying the game just because of that video despite having an old video card. I linked it to a friend with the description of "Neil Blomkamp's Saints Row."

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

DaveKap posted:

Yeah I accidentally skipped this one. How is this looking so different from other stuff? Is it the DOF and motion blur or am I missing something?

The decent use of DOF, FOV and (edited-in) motion blur certainly lend something to it, but I think it's mainly that they were clever enough to direct/edit/render in a letterboxed widescreen aspect ratio. I'm uninformed as hell on that subject so I don't know if it's specifically 21:9 or whatever, but it's definitely a clever cinematic touch, and for once I can use "cinematic" to refer to a video game thing without vomiting profusely.

fake edit: Also deserves credit for good use of musical cues, which can be a real pain with how limited the in-game editor is on that front. Thanks for letting us put all the copyrighted music in the world on Self Radio but not a single custom track in the editor, Rockstar!

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 2, 2015

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I don't know why you need a PedRiot mod when the drat AI does this by itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRciO0M2DfI
Some pointers for those of you struggling with cameras in Director Mode
- You can Blend from Looking at something to Looking at something else
- Always use Rig Attach when you want Dashboard footage
- Autofocus Depth of Field generally sucks
- Up until the latest patch I could Blend my focus modes but something about the latest patch killed that. Don't know why it doesn't work anymore.

Moartoast posted:

fake edit: Also deserves credit for good use of musical cues, which can be a real pain with how limited the in-game editor is on that front. Thanks for letting us put all the copyrighted music in the world on Self Radio but not a single custom track in the editor, Rockstar!

I hate the fading that it does. It gives you the option to have cue music in at certain points, but what good is it if it's going to take five seconds to fade in. I wanted to do a joke cut-off for one scene but if I couldn't using the in game editor.
If I want it to appear on Social Club it has to be using that drat thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDd-BjXDvg

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 2, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Moartoast posted:

They probably do that for your own benefit since they have an "Upload Straight to YouTube" option. I can't confirm, but I'm sure that all of the tracks from the game that you're allowed to use are tracks that have already been cleared for use on YouTube without getting your video flagged, muted, taken down or your entire account locked. It saves you the trial-and-error of editing in your own music only to have your whole video muted or deleted after you put all that work into it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Moartoast posted:

The decent use of DOF, FOV and (edited-in) motion blur certainly lend something to it, but I think it's mainly that they were clever enough to direct/edit/render in a letterboxed widescreen aspect ratio. I'm uninformed as hell on that subject so I don't know if it's specifically 21:9 or whatever, but it's definitely a clever cinematic touch, and for once I can use "cinematic" to refer to a video game thing without vomiting profusely.

It's all depth of field that makes it cinematic, yes, combined with zoom (not FOV). Zoom up to anything higher than 1.5x, apply DOF, get cinematic. You'll always get a better picture by zooming the lens and backing the camera up.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The editor is the best thing about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiEE3onPYEM&hd=1

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

It's all depth of field that makes it cinematic, yes, combined with zoom (not FOV). Zoom up to anything higher than 1.5x, apply DOF, get cinematic. You'll always get a better picture by zooming the lens and backing the camera up.

Yeah, I still refer to it as FOV, since it's effectively the same thing with a different (MORE CINEMATIC) name. GTA IV's editor straight-up called it FOV as well, so I'm gonna remain stubborn about it :colbert:

It is a really important part of direction, though. Choosing between a wide shot or a tight one can make the difference between beautiful framing and stilted gamey-rear end framing. Also don't overdo DOF, but don't skimp on it/rely entirely on the janky autofocus.

King Vidiot posted:

They probably do that for your own benefit since they have an "Upload Straight to YouTube" option. I can't confirm, but I'm sure that all of the tracks from the game that you're allowed to use are tracks that have already been cleared for use on YouTube without getting your video flagged, muted, taken down or your entire account locked. It saves you the trial-and-error of editing in your own music only to have your whole video muted or deleted after you put all that work into it.

I actually figured it had to do with Social Club uploads/RSC's branding on the videos causing legal worries about all that. Otherwise, I can't see a reason not to just give a warning for custom music and let you go hog wild. Then again, this is Rockstar we're talking about, so there could be no good reason beyond the "you will only have fun the way we permit you to" design philosophy of GTA V.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I hate the fading that it does. It gives you the option to have cue music in at certain points, but what good is it if it's going to take five seconds to fade in. I wanted to do a joke cut-off for one scene but if I couldn't using the in game editor.
If I want it to appear on Social Club it has to be using that drat thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDd-BjXDvg

Ditto. I had a similar problem with the last (and still only) video I made in the editor, namely this garbage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23elFommRDA

I wanted Lock & Load to abruptly cut in as the train hits, but even with cheesing it by starting the music track a few seconds before and just muting it with markers (then making it play at double volume when it hits), it still fades in noticeably. Also, the score fadeout as it approaches was completely unintentional, and I couldn't get it to not fade out no matter what I tried.

If you just want to cut off a track for comedic effect, it seems like just placing/editing a marker with 0 music volume does the trick. For example, I didn't actually cut the music off in the the last bit, the starting marker for the clip just had music set to nil.

Honestly, with this editor, you practically need to "make your own precision", if that makes any sense. The tools are lacking just enough to make it frustrating to use when you get into micromanaging/polishing, but just functional enough that you can gently caress around and exploit the weird quirks in the editor to ultimately get what you want out of it.

I mean, gently caress, for all the QoL improvements they made to the editor directly from IV, they still haven't implemented a fuckin' undo button, that speaks volumes, I tell ya, volumes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

King Vidiot posted:

They should have used a more consumer rights oriented service than loving Youtube, that shuts down videos the instant some garbage company with money claims something in the video is theirs. How they also get away with region restricted videos from everyday people boggles the mind.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 2, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Scalding Coffee posted:

They should have used a more consumer rights oriented service than loving Youtube, that shuts down videos the instant some garbage company with money claims something in the video is theirs. How they also get away with region restricted videos from everyday people boggles the mind.

Whatever your opinions on YouTube, they're pretty much synonymous with gameplay videos now despite the fact that lots of games now have licensed music tracks and it's a pain in the rear end to dance around the stupid auto-detection poo poo as well as the chucklefucks serving up uncontested DMCA claims on stuff they don't even really own.

Also there's nothing preventing you from exporting your video and uploading it to something other than YouTube, or even editing your own music in with a proper video editor. But yeah, I guess they should've just made it easier for people to do that rather than making the music choice limited and only letting you directly upload to YouTube.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 2, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Moartoast posted:

Honestly, with this editor, you practically need to "make your own precision", if that makes any sense. The tools are lacking just enough to make it frustrating to use when you get into micromanaging/polishing, but just functional enough that you can gently caress around and exploit the weird quirks in the editor to ultimately get what you want out of it.

The best examples of videos made using the Editor so far aren't even cut in the Editor, they're cut using some other NLE. "Super Clown" up there entirely breaks all the limitations of the editor because it was very obviously cut together using Premiere or Final Cut.

Which makes for awesome videos, no doubt, but it's not at all indicative of how skilled you can get with the Editor. At that point the Editor is just your camera department. I have a running project right now in Premiere which will take me forever to do, but in the meantime, I'm all about making these 30 to 60-second videos to learn to push the Editor's capability.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Seems like ScriptHook is working again, although now it closes the game if you try to go online with it active.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
If you take trainers and hooks online you will get banned don't do it.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Seems like ScriptHook is working again, although now it closes the game if you try to go online with it active.

For all of the thirty minutes it will take for people from various cheating forums to crack it again and turn Online into the wild west... again. Then we get another patch to break all mods and a banwave that hits anyone using a .dll to turn the FOV up one whole degree in singleplayer because Rockstar.

They could just force people with any detectable mods to join cheater lobbies, lobbies that have been in place since the last-gen versions, then properly ban anyone who tries to circumvent that and play with legit players, but gently caress that let's get all draconian and make the early days of Punkbuster look like modern-day VAC! Hooray for foresight!

Slim Killington posted:

The best examples of videos made using the Editor so far aren't even cut in the Editor, they're cut using some other NLE. "Super Clown" up there entirely breaks all the limitations of the editor because it was very obviously cut together using Premiere or Final Cut.

Which makes for awesome videos, no doubt, but it's not at all indicative of how skilled you can get with the Editor. At that point the Editor is just your camera department. I have a running project right now in Premiere which will take me forever to do, but in the meantime, I'm all about making these 30 to 60-second videos to learn to push the Editor's capability.

Oh, I entirely agree, my point is that you shouldn't really need to resort to other editors as much as you do just to get basic functionality. And no video editor can make it less tedious to fix that one camera marker you accidentally hosed up which also hosed up the blend it was in the middle of and now you can't unfuck it without manually placing it where you think it was before and argleblargle

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Added GTA V Mod Manager, Fuel Script, Deadly Car Doors, Gravity Gun, Lamar Gunner and some more links to mod sites.

VarXX posted:

If you take trainers and hooks online you will get banned don't do it.

Used to be the hook just disabled itself if you used the original version and went online, but the latest patch changed some things and the dev accomodated that by making it shut down the game, probably precisely so you don't get banned.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 2, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

It's stupid because you have to attribute the music available from the game anyway.

Slim Killington posted:

Same here and that's a nice way of putting it - that the editor is just your camera. I've just been putting together huge clips of action each having multiple camera points and I figure I'll edit them in FC later which I can do in 1/4 of the time as R*'s editor.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody have any opinions on which is the best improvement on the native trainer?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Concerning the inability to put custom music into the Director so you can make better synced cuts, allow me to give you an idea that would take a lot of effort.
If I had the time, patience, and give-a-fuckness, I would draw up a spreadsheet listing the BPM of every song available in the game. Then, when you already know what song you're going to use, you find out the BPM of it and get the song from in-game that matches the beat. If none do, you're hosed, but if any do, you've got yourself a perfectly fine scaffold for setting up the cuts you need.

That said, once OpenIV actually lets you inject data it will be super easy to just replace music in the game (I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even require a replacement, I bet the list of music is programatically generated) and use it in the editor with proper attribution no less. Once that starts happening, I'll be curious to see if R* starts issuing takedowns due to the videos being within their closed garden.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I did another thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7sop6_tTw&hd=1

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crush! Kill! Inconvenience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkX-qzBulMA&hd=1

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 3, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: whoops this is not the normal thread this is the modding thread

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 3, 2015

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

He supposedly did it in 24 FPS for a cinematic feel, too.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqMoqNgGMc

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 3, 2015

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are there bombers in this game?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Added:

ScriptHook Delphi
PC Trainer V (animations!)
Player/Ped Ragdoll Mod
Flying Mod
Ped Suicide
Fling Mod
Manual Transmission
Limo Mod
Train Driver Mod
Realistic Vehicle Controls
Light Mod
Immersive HUD
Simple Health Bar
Simple On-Foot Radio
Mod Loader V
Mod Manager V

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Huh, seems to be several mods about being able to use turn signals in cars. Are people really desperate to obey traffic laws in a GTA game?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

nexus6 posted:

Huh, seems to be several mods about being able to use turn signals in cars. Are people really desperate to obey traffic laws in a GTA game?

It can add that little extra touch to your movies, I guess.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
Holy cow, there are some great videos in this thread. This rules.

Anyway, might as well crosspost my videos I've posted in the V thread since they tend to get buried between arguments about immersion and superstitious solutions to performance issues:

a love story between two men and a dump truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKPf41MJ20

possible paranormal and divorced life form comes to earth to search for its pet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKGcsyTDKY

daver blane, the good magician, is now mature and an action hero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tarDtpGAYAk

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

nexus6 posted:

I think it's more about completeness - all the cars in the game have turn signal functionality but they're not given to the player by default.

If I'm wrong and it's more like what you said though, I have to believe they're probably the same type of people who try to make themselves look all "serious" and "cool" in GTA Online. I just don't get that poo poo.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hard Clumping posted:

I think it's more about completeness - all the cars in the game have turn signal functionality but they're not given to the player by default.

If I'm wrong and it's more like what you said though, I have to believe they're probably the same type of people who try to make themselves look all "serious" and "cool" in GTA Online. I just don't get that poo poo.

I've seen more cars use turn signals in single player. Not so much online, but I'm usually blowing stuff up.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody know if ReShade/SweetFX are affected by the bannings? As in, confirmed? Or was it just the ScriptHook in Online?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Has anyone in here got the flying mod working? I have scripthook and the native trainer works, but I put the asi from this one into the root directory, and follow the instructions, and get nothing. The jump is just a normal jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rockstar-changes-eula-can-ban-players-for-modding-gta-v.html

:rip:

• Locked thread