Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sylink posted:

Does innocuous poo poo like this work in Online or would I just get rejected/banned immediately somehow ?

The only thing I would risk using is SweetFX. Nobody has ever been banned for using SweetFX. However the mod mentioned in that screenshot does indeed involve file-editing. Also that mod isn't as good at it seems. Yes, it does look incredible, but without the fog suddenly the word feels very small, even though its still very huge. I feel like the fog is designed to mask the ocean, to make it less obvious you are on an island. Usually if you are in Los Santos and look towards the ocean, the fog makes it seem like the city just keeps going and going when in fact there's an ocean like right there. It creates this subtle feeling of being in a coastal city that only has water on one side as opposed to three.

Before anyone says anything, Rockstar has specifically stated that mod policy for this game is the same as GTA 4. This was answered nearly two weeks ago but everyone is still terrified. Very few people are actually getting banned, even for cheating. However there is a group of people out there that love to spread rumors of this nature to every website and forum they can. A similar group of people showed up on the GTA 5 mod scene when some mods were revealed to have malware in them. Now they accuse every mod of having malware and freak out stupid people.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Well I've just been using the enhanced trainer and thats enough really , and with the vehicle speed boost the world felt really small anyway as I flew up a mountain on a jetski.

So good game I think.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm hoping that once some good mods start rolling in, Rockstar starts adding in some of the features. Either that or they will completely ignore the entire modding community and seem completely oblivious to what goes on there. Most likely the latter.

Like, why did they change it so you cant jump out of your car and leave the engine running? Add like 3-5 lines of code in the game and you can do this. Given the level of detail in the game, probably simply because it never occurred to anyone during development that this should be a feature.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 19, 2015

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
There's already a mod or two for the leave-the-engine-running thing, and they're actually pretty decent from what I've tried. All-told, not every mod is complete poo poo right now, though you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, especially since people recently figured out how to replace textures and GTA5-mods.com is getting spammed with boring texture edits. And yes, one of the first mods that came out after this discovery was an "HD overhaul" that just takes some of the vanilla textures and cranks up the sharpness/contrast in Photoshop, which several people prophecized in this very thread months ago.

Though I'm frankly appalled that I'm still waiting on a mod to let me switch between protags while they're hanging out together and hop between them in unscripted cop shootouts, because it's fuckin' criminal that Rockstar didn't include that to begin with.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm hoping that once some good mods start rolling in, Rockstar starts adding in some of the features. Either that or they will completely ignore the entire modding community and seem completely oblivious to what goes on there. Most likely the latter.

Like, why did they change it so you cant jump out of your car and leave the engine running? Add like 3-5 lines of code in the game and you can do this. Given the level of detail in the game, probably simply because it never occurred to anyone during development that this should be a feature.

What's super weird to me here is I've managed to get out of my car a couple of times with the engine still running. Not been able to reliably do it, though :psyduck:

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

I think you actually can get out with the engine still running in the vanilla game, but only while being chased by cops.

because

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Moartoast posted:

I think you actually can get out with the engine still running in the vanilla game, but only while being chased by cops.

because

Whoa whoa, really?? Cause if so that's pretty awesome because that's really the only situation I would use it in. In that case I would like to complain about the lack of people clinging to car doors when they try to steal their car back, and the lack of pedestrians being arrested by cops.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Random people do get chased by cops and you can encounter Random Events of people getting arrested, but I've never followed a non-scripted police chase to see if the driver gets arrested or just run off the road and shot to death.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm not sure if it's only while being chased by the cops or what, but I've definitely managed to somehow get out of the car while leaving the engine running--including one time when I was parking in the driveway at Franklin's second house, when I don't believe the cops were chasing me. It took me a moment to realize what had happened, and then I spent several minutes trying to (unsuccessfully) replicate the scenario.

Of course, after that, I just installed one of those mods that allows you to consistently do it.

King Vidiot posted:

Random people do get chased by cops and you can encounter Random Events of people getting arrested, but I've never followed a non-scripted police chase to see if the driver gets arrested or just run off the road and shot to death.

I have a compulsion to follow and help the fine police force catch their criminal, but every single time I get involved, I somehow get the police chasing me. Then I have to help Franklin kill the police.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crossposting for posterity, my entry for the Wavves thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btb1uk31RHo&hd=1

It's awfully difficult to find a suitable "Washing a car" animation. Guess it's no wonder the customer reacted the way he did!

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

In that case I would like to complain about the lack of people clinging to car doors when they try to steal their car back

Still happens, just has a smaller/different time window for when you need to accelerate, they also cling on for a shorter time/can be shook free easier, because Rockstar.

I also got to see a cop cling to the edge of a bridge after being thrown off by an explosion. They even grabbed hold of another ledge after slipping off the first one, before finally falling to their death. Of course, I couldn't capture a clip of this, because Action Replay was off because I forgot to hit F2 when I started the game/switched character/died/alt-tabbed because unlike IV there's no option to just have that on by default and every little thing deactivates it without telling you, because Rockstar.

and the lack of pedestrians being arrested by cops.

They arrest them with bullets.

But yeah I miss the foot chases and actual arrests from IV, you could even knock down either the officer or the criminal, and the other person would thank you for it :3:

Songbearer posted:

Crossposting for posterity, my entry for the Wavves thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btb1uk31RHo&hd=1

It's awfully difficult to find a suitable "Washing a car" animation. Guess it's no wonder the customer reacted the way he did!

I kind of love the idea of someone washing a car like they're scratching the gently caress out of a record.

If I were to criticize anything in the video, I'd say the camera movements are a bit stiff. I think part of it is that it looks like near every shot is eased both ways, which works more for some shots than it does for others. Also, it's typically better to follow targets with a well-blended free camera, rather than the Move With or Look At Target functions, especially if you're going to blend into a free camera shot anyways. If I were being harsh, I'd say the camera looks robotic and unnatural, but it's not actually that bad, it just needs a bit of polish to look less video-game-editor-y. Otherwise, I dig it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Moartoast posted:

I also got to see a cop cling to the edge of a bridge after being thrown off by an explosion. They even grabbed hold of another ledge after slipping off the first one, before finally falling to their death.

:stare: I must see this.

Moartoast posted:

But yeah I miss the foot chases and actual arrests from IV, you could even knock down either the officer or the criminal, and the other person would thank you for it :3:

I actually had this happen once. Both the cop and the criminal were flashing like they were a random event so I took down the cop by running him over and the guy said something like "well thats one way to evade the cops!"

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 20, 2015

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Baby's first video: Micheal's Minigun Madness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDK9l9V6-U

In real life miniguns have only one drive motor. In GTA5 Rockstar used two so it looks like a giant cock and balls. :mmmhmm:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I installed the following mods to work together:

Gang Town 1.3 Total Takeover; in gang hoods 80-100% of peds are gangsters.
Better Gang Loadouts with the compatability patch (included) to give them micro smg, AK, sawed-off
Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement Makes the cops and gangsters less accurate for huge shootouts. Also fun stuff like crimes needing to be witnessed AND phoned in before you get any stars. Wanted response behavior is also heavily tweaked.

Good stuff. If I could crank the # of peds without killing all my graphics options, I would.

It's cool to roll into Grove Street with an armored kuruma or ATV+turret and 3-5 gangster bodyguards. Cue immense shootout with 20 Ballas, then the cops show up. If only they could get gangs to reinforce inside their hoods, it would be nuts.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 21, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Okay, right after posting that I discovered a mod that makes all the gangs and police hate each other (except Chamberlain and strawberry Families) for Gang Town.

This is cooler than it sounds, with the above mods. I wish I had been recording. Holy poo poo!

Load in at the Grove garage, where I have an APC with turret saved. Spawned up Lamar, OG Boss, set them to invincible, then 3 more Chamberlain peds. Gave them all Micro SMGs for the car and Combat MGs.

Went down into Grove Street Balla territory, which had about two dozen Ballas who aggroed on sight now. Fought my way down into Grove, cleared out all the Ballas. By this point the first cops had shown up and gotten shot, so cops were showing up in force. I hid behind a house and spawned about 8 Chops, which proceeded to take out a number of cops before getting shot.

Ran up to the garage and loaded up in my APC with Lamar at the turret. Cue cross-city chase with all windows blaring smg fire and Lamar opening up on the turret. Show up to a clearing in the industrial area, hop out, spawn an attack Buzzard Helicopter. OG Boss and Lamar hop in and bust out the combat MGs as door gunners.

We shot down so many goddamn helos, up to and including Coast Guard gunships and eventually Army Hydras. Highlight: Lamar guns down a Coast Guard door gunner, quips "Appreciate it, pimpin'" as I loose a missile; that missile connects with the falling corpse (!) This rocks the Coast Guard gunship enough for me to finish it off.

Now there's a ton of Barracks and cop cars lining one street in an area. I did a missile run, and killed all the peds. All of a sudden I'm off-radar despite being 5 stars. I flew out over the country and coastline and lost wanted completely.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 21, 2015

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

My favorite part of the gta v mod community is going to a forum post for a mod and all it has is the name of the mod, something vague like "GTA 5 Enterprising Orchids Emu Vandebelator" and then a download link with no description.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
And it's an ASI with no scan. Not a virus, just someone without a clue.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

So that crime rebalance mod is pretty cool, but I didn't like the changes to evasion, it was too easy.

I wanted more cops and took it the other direction, but maybe too far...

This is with 2 stars :stare:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Yeah, I like it overall, but evasion is fairly easy. They may fix that, but if you have an edited version of the file that's not ridiculous amounts of cops, I'd like to see it. For me, it's not worth ditching the other features in the mod for.

I mainly like that your crimes must be witnessed AND phoned in. And it has the army built right in without another mod. Let me know how your tinkering comes along!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I actually like it with the aggressive setting, if you shoot a cop expect the cavalry really.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Is it possible to change the # of peds walking around at a time? I want to push my hardware a bit and see just how far I can go but when I mucked with the files myself, nothing changed.

Sad 2 Da Bone
Feb 13, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Is it possible to change the # of peds walking around at a time? I want to push my hardware a bit and see just how far I can go but when I mucked with the files myself, nothing changed.

There's a mod I've been using that let's you crank up the number of peds and cars: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/more-pedestrians-and-traffic

3x of each is a sweet spot for me, any more and my game starts crashing.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I like the regular number of cars and 4x peds, it works great with the GangTown setup. I'm editing a bunch of that stuff (gang combat behavior, loadouts, number of gang spawns, friend or foe stuff) and trying to get permission to bundle it all up. Hopefully I can use that as a base for gang warfare and add features.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So, one of my all time favorite music videos is Bad Motherfucker by Biting Elbows. Basically, a guy who can do parkour straps on a go pro and they do a russian mafia crime thing. Watch it, it's amazing: https://vimeo.com/62092214

Anyway, I was wondering if you could replicate the idea with the Rockstar editor, so I tried to ape the style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvJrA87JY4

Spoiler alert: mine is not very good. It was hard for me to get the camera where I wanted and hard to find interesting things to do that look good from that camera angle.

The only reason I'm posting it is because I'm secretly hoping Songbearer and the other editor pros in the thread might get some inspiration and do it properly. Also, if there's a better place or scenario I can activate to have more interesting content in a video of this type, let me know.

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 23, 2015

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Made another video: Duke Pukem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBo3dAgngA

Franklin has a moment of clarity and ascends to a higher plane of existence. :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Like some other people, I also found that 1- and 2-star ratings were way too easy to evade in the Crime and Police Rebalance mod. You need somebody to "report" the crime, and the first star responder is a single cruiser, which will likely take longer to spawn, and will spawn further away. I actually really like the extra response time, but I ended up readjusting the cruiser to spawn closer to vanilla distance--mainly because I'm also using a mod that beefs up collision damage, and the cruisers spawning further away gave the AI too much time to crash/cripple their vehicles long before they ever arrived at the crime scene. I can't count how many times I was testing response times and saw the first vehicle crawling down the road at 15 MPH with a hobbled tire on the verge of bursting.

Then I added a third cruiser to the second star, just to sort of bulk up the initial response. Nothing crazy. It's still not too hard to escape the police if you're quick enough, but it occasionally creates a more interesting challenge.

I agree with a lot of people, though: The shorter evasion times really didn't make sense, especially when combined with the slower (and initially smaller) responses. I ended up bulking those up to greater than vanilla levels. I think it takes between 45 seconds and 2 minutes to escape the police now, depending on the rating.

The last thing I ended up doing was toning down the later levels (there are a ton of cruisers on 4 and 5 stars) so they were closer to vanilla numbers. Basically, it ends up so that I wound up keeping what I thought were the cooler parts of the mod--the response time, witnesses to crimes, less proficient police/longer firefights, greater police + roadblock variety--and ditching some of the other stuff. Glad it's easy enough to modify mods, though.

EDIT: In the course of editing the mod, I found entries in the "crimeinformation" .meta for things like "Crime_Reckless_Driving", "Crime_Run_Redlight", and "Crime_Possession_Gun". I know that GTA IV has at least a couple of mods that make it a "crime" to run red lights and drive down the wrong side of the road, so it's interesting that it already seems that pieces are in place for this sort of thing in GTA V. I just have no idea how to implement them.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 24, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Crossposting from the Online thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cQv2AMoTvY

I'm not super great with the editor but I'm a fairly competent pilot so i've been dabbling about with making some stunt flying videos. I need to find someone who's good with the editor to team up and follow me in a chase plane so they can film it and I don't have to make terribly hacked together stuff like this :v:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Do any good mod-managers exist yet?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Jon Do posted:

Okay, right after posting that I discovered a mod that makes all the gangs and police hate each other (except Chamberlain and strawberry Families) for Gang Town.

This is cooler than it sounds, with the above mods. I wish I had been recording. Holy poo poo!

Load in at the Grove garage, where I have an APC with turret saved. Spawned up Lamar, OG Boss, set them to invincible, then 3 more Chamberlain peds. Gave them all Micro SMGs for the car and Combat MGs.

Went down into Grove Street Balla territory, which had about two dozen Ballas who aggroed on sight now. Fought my way down into Grove, cleared out all the Ballas. By this point the first cops had shown up and gotten shot, so cops were showing up in force. I hid behind a house and spawned about 8 Chops, which proceeded to take out a number of cops before getting shot.

Ran up to the garage and loaded up in my APC with Lamar at the turret. Cue cross-city chase with all windows blaring smg fire and Lamar opening up on the turret. Show up to a clearing in the industrial area, hop out, spawn an attack Buzzard Helicopter. OG Boss and Lamar hop in and bust out the combat MGs as door gunners.

We shot down so many goddamn helos, up to and including Coast Guard gunships and eventually Army Hydras. Highlight: Lamar guns down a Coast Guard door gunner, quips "Appreciate it, pimpin'" as I loose a missile; that missile connects with the falling corpse (!) This rocks the Coast Guard gunship enough for me to finish it off.

Now there's a ton of Barracks and cop cars lining one street in an area. I did a missile run, and killed all the peds. All of a sudden I'm off-radar despite being 5 stars. I flew out over the country and coastline and lost wanted completely.

What mod are you using that makes hydras show up as part of the army response ?

Mindbomber
May 12, 2004
That IS.......a tasty burger
There seems to be an overwhelming number of mods and scripts. Can someone point me in a more specific direction if I want to use them online? I want the power anonymously to blow up annoying voicechat pubbies, take away their weapons, or turn them into other objects along with the ability to give loads of cash to people I like.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

So you want the power to be banned extra quick by Rockstar?

Mindbomber
May 12, 2004
That IS.......a tasty burger

Fayez Butts posted:

So you want the power to be banned extra quick by Rockstar?

stop spreading misinformation

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RIP Mindbomber's Social Club account

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The harrowing story of the only male performer in a gentleman's night club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Tp6w79ayw

Or maybe it was just me dicking around with trainers and getting... ideas.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

The harrowing story of the only male performer in a gentleman's night club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Tp6w79ayw

Or maybe it was just me dicking around with trainers and getting... ideas.

This has reminded me that I unironically want a mod that opens Pitchers and has all of the features of the straight strip club. Including Wade always being there and flanked by two strippers.

That dancer needs some practice tho, that pole's gettin' cold from so little lovin'. [sub]I'd say I'm sorry but I'd be lying./sub]

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I dont know why rockstar doesn't just make a weird version of gta that is basically saints row with super heroes or something , these mods are great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4R_iQeUfjs

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sylink posted:

I dont know why rockstar doesn't just make a weird version of gta that is basically saints row with super heroes or something , these mods are great

Because Games Are Art and Games Are Movies and Sam Houser is firmly embedded in his own rear end.

Jon Do posted:

How would I combine these mods along Simple Native Trainer and an on foot radio mod?

Edit:

I'm looking to get into modding, and I'm used to Skyrim and New Vegas so this is a little confusing. Just to be sure, I need

Script Hook V

To start with, right?

I also want to use
Szabo's Persistance Mod
Mobile Radio
Gang Town
Better Gang Loadouts
Rebalanced Authority
Active Gang Mod
Open All Interiors

Is there anything in particular I need to do to get all these mods working together? Also, is the threat of malware infected mods still a thing or was that a one off?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 1, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Mindbomber posted:

There seems to be an overwhelming number of mods and scripts. Can someone point me in a more specific direction if I want to use them online? I want the power anonymously to blow up annoying voicechat pubbies, take away their weapons, or turn them into other objects along with the ability to give loads of cash to people I like.

I seriously recommend against doing this but if you REALLY want to do all of that, I hope you do it within the next 2 weeks. Also, blowing them up can be funny but spamming their phone with "shut the gently caress up idiot" every time they voice chat is better.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Capn Beeb posted:

Because Games Are Art and Games Are Movies and Sam Houser is firmly embedded in his own rear end.

How would I combine these mods along Simple Native Trainer and an on foot radio mod?

Edit:

I'm looking to get into modding, and I'm used to Skyrim and New Vegas so this is a little confusing. Just to be sure, I need

Script Hook V

To start with, right?

I also want to use
Szabo's Persistance Mod
Mobile Radio
Gang Town
Better Gang Loadouts
Rebalanced Authority
Active Gang Mod
Open All Interiors

Is there anything in particular I need to do to get all these mods working together? Also, is the threat of malware infected mods still a thing or was that a one off?

You can hide malware in anything, so unless it's open source you can't know for sure, even though eventually your anti virus will start picking up on it. Yes, that's the stuff you need, ShitHookV.dll and the .asi's for the mods you plan to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I see. Is there any way to install OpenIV to a directory of my choosing?

• Locked thread