Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Apthous posted:

Is Guinness a craft beer?
They're brewing craft stuff now. The west Indies porter is good poo poo. But I like Guinness too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Business Gorillas posted:

franco how about you send me some swamp water beer and i'll send you some beer from a river that caught on fire

ehh, I'll pass on that. just come down and enjoy the bay of beers some time

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

adamarama posted:

They're brewing craft stuff now. The west Indies porter is good poo poo. But I like Guinness too.

I'm talking normal Guinness I want to know if I will turn gay if I drink it because it is a craft beer.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Apthous posted:

I'm talking normal Guinness I want to know if I will turn gay if I drink it because it is a craft beer.

guinnes gives me the hsits

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I drink beer

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i drink all beer 100% unironically because i like beer. some more, some less but i have never drunk beer ironically (how does one even do this?)

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

i drink all beer 100% unironically because i like beer. some more, some less but i have never drunk beer ironically (how does one even do this?)

drink beer even though you dislike beer and recommend only the shittiest most bitter beers to everyone you know until it becomes a fad to drink 50+ IBU beers.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
beer is like coffee in that even if you at first dislike it, you will learn to like it if you just keep at it. i didn't like beer when i was a teenager, but had to drink it a lot due to peer pressure. i now love beer.

so i guess even the ironic beer drinker will at some point turn into an unironic beer drinker?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

cool tree bro posted:

drink beer even though you dislike beer and recommend only the shittiest most bitter beers to everyone you know until it becomes a fad to drink 50+ IBU beers.
This might blow your mind but a lot of people legitimately enjoy ipas. Normal people aren't choking down beers they find disgusting just to feel superior to you.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

a coffee ale that isn't a stout, this poo poo is amazing and tastes like coffee smells

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
I went through the craft beer phase and now I'm just back to drinking Guinness. I am a happy beer drinker again.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Spanish Manlove posted:

ehh, I'll pass on that. just come down and enjoy the bay of beers some time

lol who goes to a swamp willingly?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
and then there's this

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i like all kinds of beer, from weissbeer to the darkest porter and the most bitter double ipa. the more variation is available beers the happier i am.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 29, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

reasons to go to a swamp:
- nomadic tribes sack the places you actually want to live
- escaping slavery/religious persecution/government oppression
- suicide by alligator
- to drain the swamp

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
you can't siege moat cailin

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol who goes to a swamp willingly?

old people and people looking to escape the harsh winters of the north.

related:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-man-beer-bottled-tampa-cigar-city-brewing-article-1.2145119

#florida
#ipa
#triggered

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
American IPAs suck, american breweries that make super-bitter IPAs are just riding a wave of faddism. I guess if you smoke a shitton IPAs are okay though because you can't taste anything anyway.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

reasons to go to a swamp:
- nomadic tribes sack the places you actually want to live
- escaping slavery/religious persecution/government oppression
- suicide by alligator
- to drain the swamp

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Apthous posted:

The best part of getting really drunk is waking up and having no idea what happened and having cuts/bruises on you that you don't know how got there. Then the next day you slowly remember falling down those stairs/punching that road sign/etc.

LOL if you ever get those memories back. Amateur.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'd try radish beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cool tree bro posted:

American IPAs suck, american breweries that make super-bitter IPAs are just riding a wave of faddism. I guess if you smoke a shitton IPAs are okay though because you can't taste anything anyway.

they all taste the same, and that taste is always "great"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Craft brew just means that the brewery is smaller and independent, the vast majority of craft beers are just regular beers with slightly different recipes or ingredients, you seldom see an x infused blah beer and when you do it's typically seasonal.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

cool tree bro posted:

You're literally years out of date in you furor against ipas, stouts and such are more in at the moment. IPAs were/are popular cause they can be cranked out fast and their bite is good at hiding minor flaws, most craft breweries have an IPA for this reason.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

cool tree bro posted:

thats because ipa is literally poisoned beer to make it last longer when shipping across the ocean.

IT's not an IPA. Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA is some of the best beer on Earth.

Also the "extra hoppy to survive shipping" is an urban myth.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also the "extra hoppy to survive shipping" is an urban myth.

is it? source for this?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
it is my experience that people enjoy things sometimes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
german beers are good especially lagers, wheat beers, and pilsners

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

Dyna Soar posted:

is it? source for this?

IPA's need to be consumed fresh, they degrade pretty quickly. The hoppy nuances are the first thing to go.

http://beergraphs.com/bg/391-the-importance-of-freshness/

Also lol if you do anything ironically.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Chinatown posted:

german beers are good especially lagers, wheat beers, and pilsners

czech, too.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Beligan white ale tastes like incense mixed with perfume.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Saltin posted:

IPA's need to be consumed fresh, they degrade pretty quickly. The hoppy nuances are the first thing to go.

http://beergraphs.com/bg/391-the-importance-of-freshness/

Also lol if you do anything ironically.

this has nothing to do with what i asked

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dyna Soar posted:

czech, too.

ya

weihenstephaner is my favorite brewery its old as poo poo and they have many good beers (all of them)

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i guess this is a natural backlash to the popularity surge of craft beer. i myself still remember the time before when the most exotic stuff available at the grocery store was czech dark lager, and am very happy to find ipa, porter, red ale etc. on my neighborhood grocery store.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dyna Soar posted:

is it? source for this?

Here
http://allaboutbeer.com/article/mythbusting-the-ipa/

Regarding Guinness:
I'd like it a lot more if it wasn't so pathetically weak. 4.2% ABV? WTH. Is that just a US thing or what?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 29, 2015

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I only drink Tesco vodka watered down with tap water and eat nothing except £1 frozen curries

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

thanks for this! the more you know....

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
mikkeler makes some excellent stuff, but some of it is a bit too exotic for my tastes.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dyna Soar posted:

thanks for this! the more you know....

I actually edited out that link and put in a more thorough, reputable source. Here:
http://allaboutbeer.com/article/mythbusting-the-ipa/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

beer is good

• Locked thread