Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
I virtually never missed a beat playing as Cadence so I don't know what people's hangups are on Aria. The one hit point is what is killing me more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Don't play the bard anyway because he's a boring character.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Aria is the only way to play hth.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I don't really like "roguelikes", but I love rhythm games. Will I like this game?

Depends on what you don't like about roguelikes and what you like about rhythm games. It's a very light roguelike, and a very light rhythm game -- but together it's quite satisfying to play. I think the game designers took a too safe approach by making most of the game a very simple beat pattern.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Has anyone played this game with a dance pad yet? I'm going to hook up one of mine sometime this week, I'm super excited for it.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Magres posted:

Any have any advice for dealing with the infinity million enemies in Zone 3 that move every beat if you've only got a dagger? I am having a ton of trouble with the fact that the only way to hit them is to book it for the nearest wall, dig, then actually fight them.

Which enemies? The little goblin looking fuckers or the cubes? Either way, just manmode the cubes, and either ignore the goblins or trick them into walking towards you enough that you can just bop em (they run away when you move towards them, and vice versa).

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
I've been listening to the sound track this week. Gotta say, the ice/fire tracks don't quite have the same charm without the elementals shaking their booties to the beat. :sparkles:

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

When playing as Monk, enemies in boss rooms drop gold. Just to be a dick.

I learned this the hard way playing against coral riff. "Oh, I can just stand here with my cleave weapon and hit all his minions."

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Holy poo poo Coda looks like the way the game is meant to be played. I haven't unlocked him yet or seem him but :sbahj:

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
I like the way the fire and ice spirits in the 3rd world shake their tooshies to the music :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Magres posted:

Short version is that gamergate hates trans people and gets real, real mad if you ban people for saying lovely thing about trans people.

Long version is that I'm one of the moderators for the r/planetside subreddit. A month or two ago a woman posted a picture of a skirt she made with the logo of one of the in-game factions. Because the internet is awful, the thread devolved into morons pointing and screaming slurs and "OMG ITS A GUY." I banned like a dozen people and told them to write 500 word essays on the (horrifyingly harmful) impacts of transphobia on trans people if they wanted to get unbanned (I figured it'd give me extra chances to mock idiots, and that anyone who actually spent half an hour writing the drat thing was sincere enough to get a second chance). One of them got r/kotakuinaction, the gamergate subreddit, whipped up into a frenzy about Ethics In Gaming Moderation, and one of them decided to drop :10bux: on giving me the best red text ever

You own.

• Locked thread