Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
However they still should keep the microphones/dash cams. Those thwart a good deal of mis-doings. What they really should do is put small cameras at the end of the their guns that take a picture every time the gun is fired. It's impossible to remove and gets uploaded to a cloud thing. It would be far more cost effective and yield the same results. Then just make penalties for not having your mic/dash cam on and recording ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Your opinion matters!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually body cameras have done a lot of good in departments where they have been implemented. Departments that have instituted body cameras have noted a significant decrease in civil complaints and disciplinary actions against officers. They may very well be the tool that turns around police culture in the US.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

what if... bear with me..what if the cop is inside a buildign???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

old dog child posted:

I don't follow??

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a still frame at the moment of shot fired will give a much more ambiguous context than the simple body cam idea
good idea op
but the microphone will be running so unless the police yell "stop resisting" we will definitely catch misconduct better with your system

im afraid the system isnt convoluted enough
can we add more points of failure

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i thought you were a good poster 5 minutes ago op

you changed

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I disagree OP

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Having a camera in the gun wouldn't stop them from beating an unconscious person to death though

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cops should bring a bunch of cameras set up at different angles so we can have cool matrix effects when they shoot an unarmed black guy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
im conflicted about cops. they kill the people they are sworn to protect, which is good. but by some standards they are considered people, which is bad. since all humans need to die, is it better to have corrupt murderers running around since they kill humans?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ok new idea. They have cameras on every limb recording everything at all times. And with all the money we save not incarcerating innocent people will pay for it. 360 Degree Camera RoboCops.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
we need more cops. hire them from the military

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
cops should have cameras inside their bodies. colonoscopy

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cops need body cameras recording at all times and video is pulled for an incident. We already do it at a lot of public transit agencies on buses and trains why should police be any different?

Also lol kill everyone

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
All I know is whenever I hear a police department is all like "Oh yeah, cool, body cams, totally good idea, agree 100% implementing them now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
We just need to make laws against resisting police orders and also against hurting people who aren't resisting your orders or endangering someone's life/property.

I don't think many police departments are against body cams. They keep vexatious litigation down.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

Ok new idea. They have cameras on every limb recording everything at all times. And with all the money we save not incarcerating innocent people will pay for it. 360 Degree Camera RoboCops.
now youre discriminating against the limbless
lets fight

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
i like how people expect me to take them seriously when they mention "cost" as a reason why body cams are impractical, when the police force in my zero-violent crime suburban town owns a tank

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

i like how people expect me to take them seriously when they mention "cost" as a reason why body cams are impractical, when the police force in my zero-violent crime suburban town owns a tank

the tank was free

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
What we really need is more Cops. Like, thousands of more crews, following ALL the officers and giving us the best footage.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

There's a whole thing about military surplus being given to cops. It's a whole different thing than their abuse.

Ok so. Plan 3. Each cop has a shoulder eagle with a gopro cam on it's head. The eagle stays with them on traffic stops but during chases we can get a birds eye view (heh) of the chase.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
for years we have been building tanks just to decommission them and dump them in the desert to rust and its not free
so back to: if police can have tanks they can have cameras

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
cops have plenty of cameras on them, but i"ve never seen a video of cops beating someone / shooting someone etc. with cartoon sound effects added so the only way I support body cameras is if the software inserts them when appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eas52KYMoI

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
why shouldnt they have body cameras? they are really tiny and unobtrusive and you're on camera anyways so this way it just covers the assholes who specifically avoid being on their dashcam

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cops are free to turn off or remove their cameras at any time, so cameras dont solve poo poo. besides, even when they are caught on camera it isnt like they are ever held accountable for their actions. nor should they be, as every dead human is one step closer to paradise.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

cops are free to turn off or remove their cameras at any time, so cameras dont solve poo poo. besides, even when they are caught on camera it isnt like they are ever held accountable for their actions. nor should they be, as every dead human is one step closer to paradise.

This is really the case. All the cameras in the world don't really matter when no one is willing to punish you.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

There's a whole thing about military surplus being given to cops. It's a whole different thing than their abuse.

Ok so. Plan 3. Each cop has a shoulder eagle with a gopro cam on it's head. The eagle stays with them on traffic stops but during chases we can get a birds eye view (heh) of the chase.

All I can see in my head is a cooler version of Judge Dredd

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

*Looks at Baltimore*
*Looks at OPs post*

loving lol

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
I approve of shovel cams

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Attach their guns to a cock ring attached to their testicles.

If they need their gun that badly, they should happily rip their balls off to get to it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ddraig posted:

If they need their gun that badly, they should happily rip their balls off to get to it.

yes but what if they desperately crave severe genital abuse? then they get to get off both by destroying their own balls and beating a minority and/or homeless person to death. thats one benefit too many for cops.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Ddraig posted:

Bee(t) Cops.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
People need body cameras. Big Brother is watching you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

old dog child posted:

:supaburn:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cops don't need cameras but should have explosive collars that detonate after a random number of trigger pulls of their firearms. This includes range time as well, and includes any firearm they are issued.

Edit: actually, implement this for all gun owners and also the military.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 29, 2015

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Did someone say to put cameras on shovels yet?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Body cameras are a good idea but they should also change the laws allowing police officers to murder whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Apthous posted:

they should also change the laws allowing police officers to murder whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

that's just crazy-talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

they don't need body cameras

they need body bags

• Locked thread