Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Time invested $9000 one year ago. Part of the money was invested at 6% and the rest at 10%. If the total interested earned was $652.80, how much did Tim invest at each rate?

9000+652.80=9652.8

.06x + .1y = 9652.8

x+y=652.8

Seriously? Just give me a god drat equation to solve. I thought we were done with this garbage. Review questions in sentence form can suck it. I havent done this poo poo in forever... I thought this was 100 series math. :argh:

Caramel Mathachino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
You set up your equations wrong.

The answer is $2,180 at 10% and $6,180 at 6%.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Smoking_Dragon posted:

You set up your equations wrong.

The answer is $2,180 at 10% and $6,180 at 6%.

Yeah, I got it. It took me three tries because im dumb.

edit: 2820 btw

psyopmonkey fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 29, 2015

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I've got a problem with the words you post - they're lovely

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I've got a problem with the words you post - they're lovely

Yeah, because non-stop caramel machiato hipster threads are so much funnier.

:dance:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

here's a word problem for ya op

unscramble this: f c u k y u o

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
If I order a caramel macchiato and another patron orders a caramel macchiato how long until one of us asks the other if they have stairs in their house? :guinness:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Darf posted:

If I order a caramel macchiato and another patron orders a caramel macchiato how long until one of us asks the other if they have stairs in their house? :guinness:

4.2s at 4000N

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

haven't thought of these in a long time. a real first word problem.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Question 3: Dad gay. So what?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If a Train C leaves Station A traveling at 53 miles per hour at 3:20pm and Train B leaves station D, 177 miles away traveling in the opposite direction at 191 miles per hour at 4:05pm, how much time until they encounter Train A, which secretly left a Station C at 3:50pm on a course perpendicular to the other two trains, and whose track crosses the C-D line exactly 30% of the way between Stations A and D? Train A's speed is unknown but if it were leaving station D at 3:20pm it would encounter Train C at 5:09.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

If a Train C leaves Station A traveling at 53 miles per hour at 3:20pm and Train B leaves station D, 177 miles away traveling in the opposite direction at 191 miles per hour at 4:05pm, how much time until they encounter Train A, which secretly left a Station C at 3:50pm on a course perpendicular to the other two trains, and whose track crosses the C-D line exactly 30% of the way between Stations A and D? Train A's speed is unknown but if it were leaving station D at 3:20pm it would encounter Train C at 5:09.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I actually have trouble with those sorts of questions as well. In fact, it's a kind of intelligence barrier parsing those things into equations. For some people its as easy to turn that into an equation as it is for us to simply solve an equation.

So you're a little dumb, like me, and most of us. It's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
characterization is mankind's highest discipline, op

https://vimeo.com/77330591

• Locked thread