Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
here are some pangrams if, like me, you're too dumb to think of a sentence to write:

• the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
  • jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz
  • amazingly few discotheques provide jukeboxes
  • brawny gods just flocked up to quiz and vex him
  • quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats
  • pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs

cursive is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
suck it fatty

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have the handwriting of a ten-year-old and I am well aware of it

Couldn't even properly connect the two ends of the "o", brb killing self

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

loquacius posted:

I have the handwriting of a ten-year-old and I am well aware of it

Couldn't even properly connect the two ends of the "o", brb killing self

I think most people have really terrible penmanship, yours doesn't seem bad by that comparison.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
I got told I write like a woman... by a woman

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

My writing is the newspaper clippings that kidnappers in movies use.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
NOBODY loving CARES.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
lol this thread is gbs1.0 as heck.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
This is my hand writing. I write in perfect Arial.

You should try having handwriting as perfect as mine some day. :colbert:

Did you like the drawing I added of the 'colbert' smilie?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

diabeetz posted:

I think most people have really terrible penmanship, yours doesn't seem bad by that comparison.

If you look closely you can see on the other side of the page where I hosed up the very first letter and had to flip the page to start over

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i still write in all caps and just make the capital letters a bigger version of the small capital letters

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

"Readable".

e:

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 30, 2015

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Computer viking posted:

"Readable".

e:

I like your writing, little psychotic but still aesthetically pleasing.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

diabeetz posted:

I like your writing, little psychotic but still aesthetically pleasing.

That is to date the nicest thing anyone has said about it. :)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think we can safely add dysgraphia to the list of things a higher number than usual of goons seems to have.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

TheJoker138 posted:

I think we can safely add dysgraphia to the list of things a higher number than usual of goons seems to have.

As a group, we probably have an overrepresentation of people who do all their writing on keyboards. There's probably a correlation.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Computer viking posted:

As a group, we probably have an overrepresentation of people who do all their writing on keyboards. There's probably a correlation.

To be fair, many of us have consumables that can only be paid for by check, so we have to write six, seven times a month or so.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Computer viking posted:

Yeah, my brother has legitimate dysgraphia. I just have poo poo handwriting because proper penmanship is and has always been way down there on the list of things I care to learn.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

you're a dick but yours is the best so far.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

diabeetz posted:

you're a dick but yours is the best so far.

Voted 5

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

why did you write anymore as two words? Hell, why do you take your pen off the paper and start a new letter when on the same word?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Flo Cytometer posted:

why did you write anymore as two words?

I didn't, there's no space between them. Note that all of my spaces are deliberate. I often only write three or four letters at a time before starting the next three or four letters. It helps with spacing and keeps the letters from bunching up or getting crooked or slanted on longer words, by keeping you from flexing your wrist too far in one direction. Sometimes it works where they link and you can't tell, and sometimes it doesn't. The more loopy letters I use, the more likely it is that I paused after each one.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

My Q-Face posted:

I didn't, there's no space between them. Note that all of my spaces are deliberate. I often only write three or four letters at a time before starting the next three or four letters. It helps with spacing and keeps the letters from bunching up or getting crooked or slanted on longer words, by keeping you from flexing your wrist too far in one direction. Sometimes it works where they link and you can't tell, and sometimes it doesn't. The more loopy letters I use, the more likely it is that I paused after each one.

Have you ever had the realization that you can move your whole hand across the page as you write?

e: unless you can't :ohdear:

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I am gay. And my handwriting is too.

Dr. Snuggles fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 30, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Your handwriting is okay for the most part and way cleaner than mine but it kinda bothers me that every time you write a lowercase a that isn't the first letter of a word you just kinda put a dot and that's it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
tag that poo poo

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Flo Cytometer posted:

Have you ever had the realization that you can move your whole hand across the page as you write?

e: unless you can't :ohdear:

I can, but then there's inconsistent pressure and the letters start getting bunched up, rushed and jumbled. Unless you're an artsy type or practiced professional calligrapher, there's no reason to write long words as a single stroke.

(I screwed some of this up because I was rushing a bit :downs: )

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

I'm glad I'm about to suck a cut dick because uncut ones are disgusting UTI-carrying vessels.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

loquacius posted:

Your handwriting is okay for the most part and way cleaner than mine but it kinda bothers me that every time you write a lowercase a that isn't the first letter of a word you just kinda put a dot and that's it

I wouldn't change for my middle school English teacher and I won't change for GBS either.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
OP do you really write like that

it seems really arrogant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

OP do you really write like that

it seems really arrogant

is having a clean apartment and wiping 100% of the poo poo off your rear end arrogant too?

• Locked thread