Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

the best thing about this is that i have family members in healthcare who have been presented with these cards. my family is an upstanding and kindly group of folks, so when they get this or the equivalent verbal shpiel, they are careful to be considerate and very specific about their diagnoses and suggestions, so where they would normally say "you need to lose 50 pounds" instead they say "i recommend a walking regimen of 2 miles per week, increased as needed, as a way to resolve your back problems (unspoken: which wouldnt be a problem if you weighed 50 less pounds)"

they get exactly the same response they used to get 10 years ago before any fatty had ever learned buzzwords like "evidence-based" and "shame-free healthcare"

that response generally includes expletives directed at my kindly 90 year old grandpa followed by nonpayment of their bill after they storm out

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread