Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, none of the remaining tackles (collins you gently caress) or wide receivers were worth the pick, and there's clearly no market to move down. Panthers took a versatile dude who can fill different roles short and long term.

Whatever. Boring as gently caress. Hopefully they can get an offensive tackle or speedy WR tomorrow.

I'm warming to the pick as I get more used to it. He's small and doesn't have that pop when he hits that I'd like but having said that Davis and Luke have terrorised teams for the last two years. We can do a lot worse than continuing that tradition.

I'd like another tackle, receiver and late round small school running back too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i very much appreciate the fact that for once the bengals are straight up front about the fact that their first round pick isnt contributing this year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm warming to the pick as I get more used to it. He's small and doesn't have that pop when he hits that I'd like but having said that Davis and Luke have terrorised teams for the last two years. We can do a lot worse than continuing that tradition.

I'd like another tackle, receiver and late round small school running back too though.

Uh don't forget small school project WR/KR.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Took Trae Waynes,

I wanted Parker, for the Bridgewater Louisville teammate connection. It is a good solid pick and the reports on hom are good, but I'm still worried about his being slow in and out of breaks.

Having said that I really wanted Morris Claiborne and Justin Gilbert so I l am literally terrible about evaluing CBs.

Gotta trust in Zim and Rick.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Didn't use "Draftermath", close thread and try again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@NinersNation 40s40 seconds ago
Tomsula on meeting with Armstead: Didn’t talk a ton of football b/c want to get to know someone eye-to-eye. Make sure they’re on same page

Oh my god. I love Tomsula, but holy poo poo. Didn't talk much football with the guy you're planning on drafting? Because you wanted to get to know him as a person?

This year is going to suck so badly.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Oh my god. I love Tomsula, but holy poo poo. Didn't talk much football with the guy you're planning on drafting? Because you wanted to get to know him as a person?

This year is going to suck so badly.

I bet you he decides a man's worth based on the firmness of his handshake.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What is a DJ Humphries and on a scale of 1-10 how disappointed am I?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Final thoughts on the 1st round of the 2015 NFL Draft:

:flaccid:

That is all.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Oh boy Niners fans, Armstead is really gonna be a bust. I'm a Ducks fan and the guy has no talent at all. Just a big body. I'm on record saying this months ago btw so would have said it regardless of who picked him. Should be a 6th round flyer.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

I bet you he decides a man's worth based on the firmness of his handshake.

I don't loving care how he is as a human being, I want to know if he can rip off a tackle's head and use his neck as a spittoon while on his way to breaking a QB/RB's spine.

vvvvv Malcom Brown's a really weird guy with massive legs and no upper body strength. He may be great if they can pump him full of HGH before they start testing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My team had some weird drama regarding trades, then drafted a big fat boy who fell down mysteriously.

I'm happy, his footage is of a big ol' hoss who can move once he takes a step.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

I don't loving care how he is as a human being, I want to know if he can rip off a tackle's head and use his neck as a spittoon while on his way to breaking a QB/RB's spine.

A good 50% of that sentence is going to be in the police report for Aldon's next DUI crash.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Albert Breer says that Scherff was the third guy on their board behind Fowler and Cooper. So if the Raiders had drafted Williams we would be talking about the Redskins having yet another RB that RG3 wouldn't see in an open field.

I was shocked they didn't take Williams, but upon reflection it is a good but not sexy pick. The right side of Washington's oline (and arguably center) are inexcusably bad. QB killing bad. Scherff is amazing in the run game and good in the pass; he can play RT or guard and was never going to make it past the Giants at 9. Basically, I can live with it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Coldforge posted:

But he can't

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

A good 50% of that sentence is going to be in the police report for Aldon's next DUI crash.

As long as he can get it dismissed and all record of it "disappears" before the NFL investigators arrive, I'm cool with it.

Blitz7x posted:

But he can't

I know, and Tomsula would know it too, if he had just bothered to talk to him about football.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Bud Dupree and the Steelers own

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

As long as he can get it dismissed and all record of it "disappears" before the NFL investigators arrive, I'm cool with it.

Quoting this when we draft La'El Collins.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh boy Niners fans, Armstead is really gonna be a bust. I'm a Ducks fan and the guy has no talent at all. Just a big body. I'm on record saying this months ago btw so would have said it regardless of who picked him. Should be a 6th round flyer.

This is absolutely true, he's awful

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur
Carr's got jokes. Ran into Derek and he asked, "What happened? We get Jameis?"
He is smiling ear to ear.

:allears:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

My team had some weird drama regarding trades, then drafted a big fat boy who fell down mysteriously.

I'm happy, his footage is of a big ol' hoss who can move once he takes a step.

Watch the BYU tape from two years ago if you want a reason to be depressed.

I don't remember him at all from that game but he can't possibly have been good. Also this is kind of funny.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Yudo posted:

I was shocked they didn't take Williams, but upon reflection it is a good but not sexy pick. The right side of Washington's oline (and arguably center) are inexcusably bad. QB killing bad. Scherff is amazing in the run game and good in the pass; he can play RT or guard and was never going to make it past the Giants at 9. Basically, I can live with it.

Yall passed up the best defensive prospect to draft a guard #5 overall. Scherff owns, but sorry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am very salty at taking KJ over Dupree

Rick Smith and BOB better know what they're doing

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

A Man and his dog posted:

Washington didn't draft the best Defensive player in the draft....

Instead we got the best O-line prospect to protect a broken RG3... Discuss.

:suicide:

At least you have this awesome article and video.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

You don't need a disclaimer, I will never discriminate against or question the wisdom of someone who says "the 49ers just did something retarded."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
who should i be wanting the titans to draft tomorrow?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I mean, I guess I'm glad Chip didn't mortgage everything to get Mariota and instead addressed a position of need, but it wouldn't have been a position of need if we hadn't let our top two WRs walk in the past couple of years so :shrug:

Edit: I also know jack poo poo about Agholor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Man and his dog posted:

That has to be a typo...

RB and Skins wasn't ever going to happen.

I meant WR, although I'd say a late round RB is a good idea.

Yudo posted:

Gruden already said he's going to be a RT.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Watch the BYU tape from two years ago if you want a reason to be depressed.

I don't remember him at all from that game but he can't possibly have been good. Also this is kind of funny.

Sorry, I can't hear you over all the Malcom in the middle puns I'm making.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
April showers brings the Giants Flowers

eh

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I meant WR, although I'd say a late round RB is a good idea.

Gruden already said he's going to be a RT.

It's also not like he is physically incapable of playing LT, he just needs to learn to deal with swim and inside moves and not set his feet.

Roasted Donut posted:

Yall passed up the best defensive prospect to draft a guard #5 overall. Scherff owns, but sorry.

I think it is worth keeping in mind how lovely this draft is. I wanted Williams, but McCoy or Suh he is not even close.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 1, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't even... holy loving poo poo my brain hurts. NO ILBs taken in round 1, Packers draft a safety. Seriously?

Ughhhhh :suicide:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man, assuming he wasn't involved in the girl's death that poor LSU tackle.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

African AIDS cum posted:

He would have been a pretty good LT, he's kind of a waste of talent on defense

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Fenrir posted:

I don't even... holy loving poo poo my brain hurts. NO ILBs taken in round 1, Packers draft a safety. Seriously?

He will be a corner which was a big need too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hey guys, do you think Cameron Irving can play LT or RT? Preferably RT. I guess Browns want him as Guard and I guess keep Mitchell Schwartz as RT but curious.

Other option trade Mack to Seattle for their 1st in 2016. Package up for a QB.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fenrir posted:

he's going to be a corner and the ilb talent was more 2nd round worthy

dude was pretty much the highest rated safety and is a good blitzer

he's fast and agile and has good ballhawking skills

the only knock against him that i've seen is his tackling form isn't great

chill out

EDIT

also there's a good chance he'll be a returner and on special teams

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I believe Phillip Dorsett will be a quality WR, but I wish the Colts had taken one of the good defensive players there instead. I fear there will be a run on them in the early 2nd and we'll be screwed. That about sums up my thoughts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Peat pick still puzzles me, but if Strief is on his way out, and they want to shift Armstead over there eventually, ok. We need to make sure Drew is protected, plus we want to use Ingram and Spiller more supposedly. Also, we needed an ILB, and we got one. I guess after watching Beasley so much, they liked his counterpart Anthony.

Grade: B for the first round.

#44 - Randy Gregory, Maxx Williams, DGB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

Man, assuming he wasn't involved in the girl's death that poor LSU tackle.

Yeah that's pretty hosed up. With another 24 hours if he's cleared I imagine he'll be picked up almost immediately.

• Locked thread